PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone help?

robbythesub
12-12-08, 03:04 PM
Hi Guys

I have a fresh install to 1.4 and have installed the new mod warace 3.0 as per the instructions but when I start the game, I get the original game start sequence and dont think it is running the new mod.

Could someone tell me whether there is a new sequence at the start, and has anyone else had this problem.

My system is Windows vista 32 bit, 2.4 Gig processor, nvidea 7900 GS and 2 Gig ram.

Game runs beautifully on another drive with all of thomsens great mods, olce and GWX.

Many thanks in advance :damn:

Wreford-Brown
12-12-08, 03:06 PM
Have you changed the security settings to allow JSGME to work properly?
Sometimes mods don't 'take' with Vista security settings and the 'Program Files' folder in the C: drive seems to have the toughest security settings.

robbythesub
12-12-08, 04:41 PM
Thank you for your reply, and for the gwx mods, which I shall get as I always enjoy gwx.
I always use jsgme with administrator as I am aware that this can cause problems so dont think this is the problem.
In the activated section, there is the warace 3.0 and the bug fix for same, with the former greyed out which, as I understand it, means that it is altered by the other?

Is there a different start sequence to this modded game from the standard game?

I am completely at a loss!

Incidentally, the completed folder for the 3 sections of the mod is corrent at 4.4 GB

Many thanks

Wreford-Brown
12-13-08, 02:57 AM
Try this:
Go to your C:Program Files folder
Right click on Ubisoft
Click on Properties
Click on Security tab
Edit all permission to Full control

I was having similar problems albeit with a different mod until JScones pointed me in the right direction.

robbythesub
12-13-08, 10:05 AM
Thanks again for your reply, I am not running it within the program files section, but have created a game folder outside, on the c drive.

I have altered all of the permissions as you suggest within this folder and it still wont go.

Does this game start different to the stock game? ie can I tell whether it is working or not from the start?

Thanks

Wreford-Brown
12-13-08, 12:29 PM
I'm afraid I've helped as much as I can - I'm not a WAC man.

I'm sure someone else will be along soon...

robbythesub
12-13-08, 01:23 PM
I got it running by copying the files directly into the SH3 folder rather than using jsgme, played naval artillery which went well, then loaded a campaign..... and guess what, a CTD just before it started!!

I shall continue but if anyone else knows what might be causing this, pleas elet me know.

Thanks