PDA

View Full Version : Question to the GUI modders

h.sie
12-11-08, 05:13 PM
hi there,

for my selfmade GUI, I've added Binoc- and UZO-view icons to the stations-menu. now I want to disable these two icons, when the ship is submerged, the same way as the bridge-icon is disabled when submerged. I tried to make Binoc- and UZO-icons be the childs of bridge icon (parent), but that didn't work. does anybody know how to solve that problem?

best wishes,
h.sie

onelifecrisis
12-11-08, 08:30 PM
hi there,

for my selfmade GUI, I've added Binoc- and UZO-view icons to the stations-menu. now I want to disable these two icons, when the ship is submerged, the same way as the bridge-icon is disabled when submerged. I tried to make Binoc- and UZO-icons be the childs of bridge icon (parent), but that didn't work. does anybody know how to solve that problem?

best wishes,
h.sie

Make the Binoc/UZO/Bridge icons into a single button which looks like three buttons all next to each other. This single button is actually the bridge button. Now lay two invisible (transparent) buttons over the top of the bridge button. The first is the same size/shape/position as the fake UZO button and it activates the UZO. The second is the fake Binoc button and it activates the binocs.

When you submerge, the bridge button will grey out which means all three buttons look grey. In fact the real binoc and UZO buttons are still enabled but they're invisible and (when submerged) won't do anything. So the solution is... perfect. :smug: :know:

h.sie
12-12-08, 04:18 AM
cool idea. thank you. that means excessive playing with menu.ini until the psychiatrist visits me........