PDA

View Full Version : [WIP] The Offical Post of The Surface Warfare Super-Mod

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

ivank
05-20-09, 11:54 AM
Any updates on the converison, cause I really need that.

polyfiller
05-20-09, 05:18 PM
Ivan - I think we need an update from the whole team - i.e who's doing / done what.

As stated above I am doing armour / shell balancing and the german & Royal Navy radar. Should be finished on this by end of week - the radar is very slow work. Have added upgrade pack descriptions for guns & radar so you can see a description in the equipment screen.

I have the following models which are complete with damage models etc, with only minor armour & radar adjustments to be finalised;

Playable ships;

Queen Elizabeth class BB
KGV class BB
Repulse Class BC
Revenge Class BB
Kent Class Cruiser
Suthampton Class Cruiser
Crown Colony Class Cruiser (Fiji)
Hood Class BC
Rodney Class BB
Bismark Class BB
Gneisneau Class BB
Hipper Class Crusier
Deutschland class BC

I have also added all of the above as AI controlled ships, and have balanced the armour in line with the playable versions.

I have no other fighting ships to convert. Not sure who is working on merchants. Is anyone working on aircraft ? Or are we planning to use more of OM ?

Final note on historical accuracy - I want to suggest we deviate slightly from what happenned - to enable use of units throughout the war i.e. being able to use Hood beyond 1940 - reason for this is as a subsim, it's always possible to use a certain unit of sub from the date it was first available i.e. it was impossible to have detroyed the all of the type VII subs - there were so many... trouble is with the Hood ... there was only one ... and I like to think what if it avoided that fateful salvo ? This is less of an issue for the other units - one or more of them were available upto the last months of the war.

Regio Sommergibile
05-20-09, 05:29 PM
Will we be able to select at least the kind of weapon to fire ?

For istance if i want to open fire on a destroyer, maybe i'm not willing to use slow 400mm cannons and only use secondary weapons like 120mm and so on...

polyfiller
05-20-09, 05:32 PM
Sadly no - the game engine does not allow this .... or at least we have not found a way to break / persuade the game engine to do such .... yet. I have managed to get it to switch deck guns randomly ... on just one occaision. Wish I could work out how or why.

Sledgehammer427
05-20-09, 08:58 PM
I'm entered in the Narwhal contest, sorry
I haven't been around, but I'm using it to brush up on my 3ding skills

ivank
05-20-09, 09:02 PM
nice one! thats good thinking!!!
After that is done, I think we should really speed up the work

Sledgehammer427
05-20-09, 09:08 PM
yup yup
finished the tower a couple nights ago

ivank
05-20-09, 10:14 PM
nice

pomquent51
05-21-09, 04:47 AM
Hello where can I find the mods

Alex_SoboL
05-21-09, 08:41 AM
I join a question

Regio Sommergibile
05-21-09, 09:52 AM
Hello where can I find the mods

OMG... :haha:

SilentAngel
05-21-09, 10:12 AM
It's still a WIP guys:88)

ivank
05-21-09, 10:48 PM
yes, this is many true

SilentAngel
05-23-09, 08:15 AM
After playing the battlestations pacific demo, I came up with a question.

Will it be possible to launch spotterplanes in this mod:06:

Regio Sommergibile
05-23-09, 08:56 AM
Good question !

ivank
05-23-09, 12:10 PM
This is hard, we try

SilentAngel
05-23-09, 01:55 PM
It could be done more easy maybe by just making an animation, and and after that just make the number of contacts on the map increase for a while?

But then again I have no modding experience whatsoever so:P

ivank
05-25-09, 01:34 PM
First off, nice to see your in the Dutch Navy! I respect you!

Second off, making an animation would be very hard. I was thinking about the second thing. Maybe have a button that when hit, the map contacts increase for a while. The same thing you said but with out the animation. Thoughts?

polyfiller
05-25-09, 05:14 PM
Don't think it would provide the desired results - the game does not present any units beyond 40km from your ship. If we could expand this limit some, it may make it worth trying.

One way to do it may be through a special ability.

I was alos thinking of trying to fire an airplane out of a gun i.e. make the guns shell the hex id of a plane. I'll maybe give this a go later in the week.

cgjimeneza
05-25-09, 06:21 PM
OMG... :haha:

You are in the right place... and no ROTFL , we were all NOOBS once (ago ago ago) :)

what are exactly you looking for?

ivank
05-25-09, 07:42 PM
A ability would be great!

tomhugill
05-26-09, 08:24 AM
The moving airbase always seemed the best idea but no one managed to get it working

ivank
05-26-09, 01:33 PM
I guess so.

audessy
05-28-09, 02:28 AM
I'd be happy with just a button that spawns the aircraft out of nowhere for now. I really appreciate your guys work. Seriously. This is the only game I'm looking forward to besides navy field 2.

God speed you guys. I'm running out of drool. :salute:

Sledgehammer427
05-28-09, 02:57 AM
Drool on fellow droolkadett!

Ivan, anything for me?

SilentAngel
05-28-09, 10:42 AM
Yep, best would be something like a gun modelled like a catapult.
And some ability.
Didnt the uboat expensian come with some luftwaffe ability?

I dont really know as I never really used the abilitys as they are not very realistic.

ivank
05-28-09, 09:51 PM
Drool on fellow droolkadett!

Ivan, anything for me?

If you mean work, then yes.

If you mean finished stuff, then no. I have NOTHING on my computer relating to this mod OTHER than my unfinished campagin stuff

Sledgehammer427
05-28-09, 11:51 PM
i mean work :D

ivank
05-29-09, 09:49 AM

Oh yes I do:D. When can you get started!?

karljacent
05-29-09, 10:52 AM
hi just came across this website and your mod when is this gonna be realesed just asking thanks good work

ivank
05-29-09, 01:40 PM
It will be released when its done. I had hoped for May, but since only about 15% of the work is done, I dont not know when

ivank
05-29-09, 01:43 PM

We need those re-done German warships, bismarck, tirpitz, Scharnhorst, Gn, Admiral Hipper, Prinz Eugen. And then we need to re do the HMS Hood, KGV class, Reown, Repulse, and some of their heavy cruisers, and the HMAS Sydney. All need to be done. then the sh3 merchants need conversion, and a roster file. After all of that I need 3-4 days to finish my work. THEN AND ONLY THEN CAN A BETA BE RELEASED.

Sledgehammer427
05-29-09, 01:51 PM
I'll dig up what I have over here, and PM you when i get everything stocked :salute:

ivank
05-29-09, 02:04 PM
Thank you and good luck.
P.s. Do you want two cats?

polyfiller
05-29-09, 03:56 PM
Progress update from my side ..... got distracted from finishing German radar by some further work on ship physics ..... and would you believe it ... I think I've cracked it .... now have the big battleships going up & down in a big swell (as they should) and NOT wobbling side to side like poxy rowing boats. Trick is to assign the historical draft in the .sim (many of the stock ships have a draft of 0 for some reason) and then assign a negative centre of gravity in the sim file. Reduce the UD drag a little and bobs your uncles brother. Realist looking ship motion.

Thus far I've done all the playable ships I have, plus the handling on all the AI US surface ships. Going to do the jap AI ships tonight and then start on the merchants. I AM using quite high settings in sim.cfg for the waves - so we'll probably need to tune the sim file for any other ships we add (including those converted from SH3). Doesn't take long to do on a per ship basis.

Has anyone got converted destroyers with working ASW they need to send me for damage modelling (was it Darkfish working on these) ?

ivank
05-29-09, 04:07 PM
Good job!

and yes DF was

DarkFish
05-30-09, 09:49 AM
Yes, I'm the one working on ASW ships.
I haven't had much time lately, as I'm having my final exams, making up 50% of my grades. Luckily I've got only one more exam to do (maths, tuesday) so I'll have some more time in the near future.

The only ship I finished recently is the Flower CO, have you got that one already polyfiller?
The V&W DD is about 95% finished so you can expect it sometime next week.
If you want any other ships to have ASW capabilities tell me cause it's not too hard to add (only about 30 minutes a ship).

how's the retexturing of the SH3 ships going btw? cause personally I prefer no additional ships to ships with SH3 textures/lighting.

polyfiller
05-31-09, 04:37 PM
Darkfish - send me both when the V&W is finished. Am currently having a little "fun" ... not .... with ships getting damaged and sinking in rough sea. I hate this game engine :damn:

Deep Source
05-31-09, 09:07 PM
Her have a video preview?

ivank
06-01-09, 02:17 PM
there is preview of the death charging, i find it for you

ivank
06-01-09, 03:54 PM
its is post number 385 on page 20. not letting me link it atm

Hencore
06-02-09, 12:44 PM
Hi all,

Great work on the mod so far! Really looking forward to it, I've been searching for exactly something like this so can't wait.

I'd also like to help out if there's something for me to do?

I'm english so I can do some voice stuff if needed and I'm also a web designer so I could do a website or some graphic work for the mod.

One thing I have noticed reading through the thread is you guys are finding it hard to keep up to date where everybody currently is with work. I could come up with team website that would allow people to update there status or check in files. I don't know, just an idea.

I've never done skins before but I'm pretty proficient with photoshop so have no problem having again ago.

Anyway let me know.

Phil

ivank
06-02-09, 11:33 PM
Hi all,

Great work on the mod so far! Really looking forward to it, I've been searching for exactly something like this so can't wait.

I'd also like to help out if there's something for me to do?

I'm english so I can do some voice stuff if needed and I'm also a web designer so I could do a website or some graphic work for the mod.

One thing I have noticed reading through the thread is you guys are finding it hard to keep up to date where everybody currently is with work. I could come up with team website that would allow people to update there status or check in files. I don't know, just an idea.

I've never done skins before but Im pretty proficient with photoshop so have no problem having again ago.

Anyway let me know.

Phil

You might just be what this team needs!
A website would be amazing!!! How much for one though?
If you can help with skins great! Talk to Slegdehammer427 about that. He is in charge of modelling and textures.
But that website should be done first.

To join the team just PM with your e-mail, real name, and country.

- Ivan

Hencore
06-03-09, 02:52 AM
Just PM'd you Ivan,

No cost to the website other than purchasing a domain name. I've got my own hosting etc.

polyfiller
06-03-09, 04:43 AM
Hencore - welcome aboard ! Like the sound of a website. As for texturing, there are a couple of very useful threads relating to creation of bump maps etc. I'll try to dig up the links for you later.

karljacent
06-03-09, 07:48 AM
filefront closing it was but its been taken back by its orignal owners a while back

polyfiller
06-04-09, 03:28 PM
Don't understand the filefront post :yawn:

Darkfish ... any chance you can send me the shells.dat you have with the visible shell nodes .... not critical .... just that I'm doing so much testing / tweaking of firing, damage models etc. that I need something new to brighten up the whole experience. I have already tweaked the main gun firing noise (I think people are going to like it).

Also - any update on the DD's - you were going to send them over sometime this week ?

I think I should be able to make the ships pack available to the TSWSM dev team sometime in the next week with the damage models and other features complete for the ships I've done thus far. I have also completed adjustments of hanlding in rough seas for all ships (human controlled and AI). I reckon that would just leave the texturing.

Ivan - can you send any German CL's / DD's you believe we have permission to convert ?

I've established what I think is a reasonable approach to balancing armour v shell penetration values.... but I am tempted to turn up the power of the big shells some more .... when you read about RL engagements, a single shell hit could take out 1 or 2 turrets in one go. Anyone have a view on this ?

ivank
06-04-09, 03:37 PM
I would but to my knowledge there are NO SH3/SH4 german DD's or CL's

ivank
06-04-09, 03:42 PM
To TSWSMT:

We have a new member, Hencore, he is in charge of a website, and hopefully will soon be able to help with textures.

Ivan

DarkFish
06-04-09, 03:51 PM
Darkfish ... any chance you can send me the shells.dat you have with the visible shell nodes .... not critical .... just that I'm doing so much testing / tweaking of firing, damage models etc. that I need something new to brighten up the whole experience. I have already tweaked the main gun firing noise (I think people are going to like it).

Also - any update on the DD's - you were going to send them over sometime this week ?
I'll send the visible shell along with the V&W and the Flower. They are both pretty much finished now, but when loading a final test mission I suddenly got a CTD... The loading bar suggests it's not directly ship-related though, as it happened right before the 'Please Wait' message.
I'll dig deeper into it, I don't think it'll be much of a problem to solve.

PS during a test mission today, me in an elco PT boat against a Yamato, I saw those shells in action. You feel pretty small when 3 of those fly 10 m directly overhead...:o

DarkFish
06-04-09, 04:13 PM
thought i'd post some pics of the elco...
http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc333/DF_3852/elco.jpg
elco heading for the yamato at 40 knots. because of its small size and large speed it actually stands a chance against the yamato. Still trying to make a small trip around it and return safely to base :arrgh!:... best attempt so far got me all the 6km to its bow, around it and to its stern before I was finally shot to hell.

http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc333/DF_3852/elco_helm.jpg
the elco features a fully functional helm: working dials, throttle and steering wheel.
WARNING - not suitable for people who suffer from seasickness. with 0 winds it rocks more than a balao in the middle of a tyfoon.:)

Task Force
06-04-09, 04:16 PM
looks very nice... youall gonna change the GUI?:rotfl:(command bar).

DarkFish
06-04-09, 04:51 PM
yeah surface ships don't really need a depth gauge, do they?:rotfl:

ivank
06-04-09, 05:07 PM
Very nice!!! Great work!

And yea, ships dont need depth gauges, so I am thinking of a new set.

And I am coming up with some splash screens for the mod, will have them up to be voted on my Wednesday, busy weekend, graduation.

DarkFish
06-04-09, 05:55 PM
congratulations with your graduation!:woot:
I'll be told if I graduated on june 18th. I probably will, as for most subjects i must get a 4 (out of 10) or something for my grade to drop below 5,5 (and you'll even still graduate with 2 of those)
so for the next few months I ain't got any school. Not that I have had any lately, just exams.

after that it all starts over again at university:yawn:

polyfiller
06-04-09, 06:00 PM
Darkfish - looks great (the Elco).... I look forward to receiving the files. If you send me the elco I can have a go at tuning the sea handling - you may like it the way it is .... but with the settings I'm using in sim.cfg for waves, I can assure you it wouldn't last long without some tuning (the Yamato wouldn't even need to shoot you !).

Love the look of the dials.

Hencore
06-05-09, 06:17 AM
Nice update!

Heres my first attempt at a logo. Three variants.

Let me know what you think or if you have any other ideas.

http://www.swychmedia.com/fil/TSWM/TSWM_Logo_v1.png

polyfiller
06-05-09, 06:48 AM
Nice and clean ... might be worth having three sillouettes - one small (Elco torpedo boat) ... 1 as is and one large ...maybe battleship.

An explosion or two would be nice, plus bow waves.

Hencore
06-05-09, 07:09 AM
Funny you should mention that. I'd already done a quick MTB version.

Not sure how I'd implement all three into one logo though, I'll have a think.

http://www.swychmedia.com/fil/TSWM/TSWM_Logo_v2.png

SilentAngel
06-05-09, 10:12 AM
Pelco images look awesome:D

polyfiller
06-05-09, 04:09 PM
Back to another subject .... getting plans to spawn near human controlled ships (be they search plans from BB's & cruisers or plans from aircraft carriers) .... did everyone forget about this thread ;

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=143789

Just wondered if any of this is useful ?

polyfiller
06-05-09, 04:16 PM
And another thing .... does anyone remember what the fix was to stop u boat hydrophones detecting ships while surfaced i.e. it worked when sub was both submerged and surfaced ?

Reason is - I need to unfix it .... the Bismark had hyrdrophone equipment. I've added it but it's detecting bugger all at present :-(

DarkFish
06-05-09, 05:18 PM
And another thing .... does anyone remember what the fix was to stop u boat hydrophones detecting ships while surfaced i.e. it worked when sub was both submerged and surfaced ?

Reason is - I need to unfix it .... the Bismark had hyrdrophone equipment. I've added it but it's detecting bugger all at present :-(hah! that's one thing I know! I've done it on my flower CO too (needs to detect the AI subs).
in the hydrophones .sim file go to its SensorData controller and change the MaxSensorHeight entry to something like 10.

suddenly remember I haven't added hydrophones (asdic) to the V&W yet... shouldn't be too hard though, jsut adding some lines to its upc file.

polyfiller
06-05-09, 06:56 PM
Darkfish - yep, thanks ... tried that.... all equipment shows up. I can go to the hydro station and hear the ships ... but when I click on the hydro icon and ask to report nearest contact ... .nothing. Any ideas ?

I have H01 placed well below the bow of the ship ... so that plus the +10m in the .sim should make it work.

polyfiller
06-06-09, 01:53 PM
Darkfish - problem solved. I'd fogrgotten to add the Hydrophone to the functional systems definition in the bottom of the upcge file. Doh !

Anyhow ... on the AI firing torpedos front - has anyone tried creating a deck gun which fires a torpedo for the cruisers & destroyers ?

I'm just in the process of trying ....will let you know the results.

DarkFish
06-06-09, 04:43 PM
yeah I have tried it several times, with no result. Torpedoes with a shell controller will disappear when they hit the water and a torpedo spawned using waterinteraction will always head north.
I've been very close once, even hitting the target with the torpedoes I fired, but they failed to detonate. Not just duds, they went straight through the ship as if it were the flying dutchman instead of a japanese destroyer.
anyway, if you're interested, i did it by adding a torpedo to a stationary shell floating above the water surface (unless its speed = 0 a shell floating above the water will disappear after a few hundred metres)

polyfiller
06-06-09, 06:47 PM
Yup .... this ones proving a bit tough .... I created a shell with a torpedo 3d model ... and it fires .... and casues massive damage ..... trouble is I can't get it to travel at torpedo speeds (just shell speed) ... reaosn being, if you chop the speed down of the shell, the game engine reduces the range. Therefore we can't use a weapon_cannon controller to fire torpedoes effectively... unless anyone knows a way to frig the range with low speed projectile ?

DarkFish
06-07-09, 04:52 AM
I've tried it that way several times already. If you add an UnderWaterFloatingObject controller to the shell it won't fall down, but it'll disappear after a while. Unless its speed is 0. If you add a moving torpedo to that stationary shell it won't detonate... aaargh!:damn:
anyway, good luck, I hope you come up with some way I haven't thought of that actually works.

Red Heat
06-07-09, 05:38 PM
Done!
Version 2...im interested to play from the IJN side, and i hope in the submarines front... :salute:

polyfiller
06-08-09, 07:41 AM
Darkfish ... I've almost given up on the torps ... one more thing to try - somehow make us of the airplane controllers i.e. the Torpedo Bombers....I'm thinking of mounting an invisible torpedo bomber where we want the torp to fire from. As far as I am aware, they are the only AI units to successfully fire torps ?

DarkFish
06-08-09, 10:23 AM
I have thought about that, but haven't really tried it, so this way might actually work... if you can mount an invisible bomber to a ship

BTW, I just mailed you the V&W, Flower, Elco and the AI U-Boot

ivank
06-08-09, 10:53 AM
A) How come I dont have any of this stuff you guys are talking about, an e-mail wont hurt would it?

B) at Red Heat: Keltos is making the IJN submarine mod NOT us, our V2 will be IJN SURFACE SHIPS ONLY! Im not trying to be snappy, but it is proving a really though time to just make 1 version will just surface ships, and I will NOT cut into someone elses mod. Or but undo stress on my team.

TO ALL TSWSMT MEMBERS:
WE NEED TO MAKE THESE SHIP MODELS, COVERT IAMBECOMELIFE'S MERCHANTS, SKIN ALL OF THE ABOVE, AND MAKE THE WARSHIPS PLAYABLE, OR THIS MOD IS GOING NOWHERE. I KNOW THERE IS RL, BUT IF WE COULD SIDE LINE THE OTHER FEATURES OF THIS MOD TO PICK UP THE PACE ON THE SHIPS I WOULD MUCH APPERICATE IT!!! I HAVE 2 DRAWINGS FOR SPLASH SCREENS AND WILL POST ALL PLANNED 10 ON WEDNESDAY. PLEASE I NEED TO FINISH MY WORK BEFORE AUGUST, I PLAN TO EITHER GO TO MONACO(INTERSHIP) OR NA CAMP IN GERMANY IN AUGUST, SO I CAN NOT WORK AFTER JULY UNTIL I START COLLEGE, AND THEN WORK ON MY END WILL BE SLOW!!!! PLEASE DO NOT MAKE THIS A FAILED MOD PLEASE.

polyfiller
06-08-09, 11:11 AM
So .... Darkfish ... thanks for the files ... I'll take a look and start damage moddelling tonight.

Ivan ... what we need is a plan/list (I commented on this sometime ago inthis thread).

I suggest the following actions ... and suggest we all edit this post to reflect who is doing what and what else needs doing I've missed;

1) Damage model V&W (Polyfiller)
2) Damage model Flower (Polyfiller)
3) Damage model Elco (Polyfiller)
4) Complete Radar model for Bismark, Scharnhorst, Graf Spee & Amdiral Hipper (Polyfiller) - 50% complete.
5) Convert merchants - who ?
6) Check / adjust damage model (polyfiller - once 5 is done)
7) re-skin which ships - who ? See table below to track status
8) Build campaign (Ivan)

Converted ? Damage Model ? Skins ready ?
Bismark Y Y ?
Graf Spee Y Y ?
Scharnhorst Y Y ?
Hipper Y Y ?
Rodney Y Y ?
KGV Y Y Y ? (stock)
Warspite Y Y ?
Revenge Y Y ?
Hood Y Y ?
Repulse Y Y ?
Southampton Y Y Y ?
Kent Y Y Y ? (stock)
Fiji Y Y Y ? (stock)
V&W Y N Y ?
Flower Y N Y ?
K-Class CL ? - where is the model coming from / permission ?
Other DD's - where is the model coming from / permission ?
German surface raider - where is the model coming from / permission ?

Any more to add to above list ?

Suggest we get the above edited / straightened out before unloading on anyone - it's worth knowing who is assigned to what and that they understand such before chasing. PM101. ;)

On the re-skinning front - think Darkfish & Shammer are up for this ... but do we need more resource ? I might be able to do some, if it's just creating bump maps (saw a tutorial somewhere on this and reckon I can follow it). I saw a post over on another thread with someone offering to do skins ... and didn't our new webmaster Hencore offer some capability ?

ivank
06-08-09, 12:05 PM
I am almost done with the campaign, I have some convoys done, MOST German and Britsh bases done(need to reserch a bit more), I have most of the flotilla work done. I CAN NOT finish my work until I have a roster file, and the playable ships, cause I need to make the rest of the convoys, and finish the flotillas.

As of now we have 1, yes just 1, 3d modeller, I feel really bad for Shammer427 to carry such a load, but my skills are less the mediocore. We have just 2 skinners, and lots of boats to convert, skin, and model.

Would every team member please post your modding abilities, so I can attempt to see how we can speed up work!?

I can make ships playable, but a) darkfish is better than me:yeah:, and we have NO more ships.

I will re-post the list of ships that need to be done.

Shammer427, please send me any work you have done, and please start work soon!

DarkFish
06-08-09, 01:38 PM
Would every team member please post your modding abilities, so I can attempt to see how we can speed up work!?OK here they are:
- Making ships playable (pretty obvious, isn't it?)
- Doing lots of experimental stuff with adding new functions etc. (like the depth charges and stuff)
- 3d modeling small things (like the binnacles, telegraph and elco instrument panel I've made)
- texturing those things, but preferrably nothing too big. Definately no lightmaps, as I ain't got any software to do that.
- editing upc files (any upc file you want, I've got a pretty good understanding of how all files link to each other and to 3d models)

How's the site coming along, Hencore? really looking forward to it!

And polyfiller, editing your post is a bit impossible;), but I don't see the Dido in there. Also, V&W and Flower are both stock too, aren't they? or maybe 1.5 stock?

BTW, viel Spaß in Deutschland, wenn sie dahin gehen, Ivan! (und anderes natürlich viel Spaß in Monaco)

polyfiller
06-08-09, 03:37 PM
JUst for my part, my abilities;

1) Converting ships to be playable (all aspects, functions, damage zones, armament etc.) Only thing I can't do (yet) is the depth charges - when I decode Darkfish's stuff, I should be able to do this.

2) May be able to do some skinning - although I'll need some guidance - I'm not sure what we need to do - if it's jsut create bump maps, then I can follow the guide here on subsim. If anything else needs doing, I'll need some guidance. I used to be pretty good at texturing for Freelancer, but that did not involve multiple channels - to add illumination etc, we added additional textures to the controllers with just the lights / shadows.

3) Can do other clever stuff with .dat files etc ... I'm pretty competent when it comes to S3D (indeed I may be one of very few people who can edit damage zones with the version I have).

4) I can convert AI ships ... but with the number we have to do, I believe that this task needs splitting up among a few of us ?

Sadly I am not able to do any modelling. Could I suggest that we send ships to be converted to me, to save Darkfish's time for the stuff I can't do ?

Ivan - there are some SH3 ships we can convert to playable - primarily from GWX mod - I'm thinking of the German light cruisers and DD's. We could also consider some of the Italian ships which are part of OM.

Is anyone taking care of German, English, Italian etc aircraft ?

ivank
06-08-09, 03:51 PM
If you can convert, please download IABL's merchant mod from SH3, and CONVERT!

Sledgehammer427
06-08-09, 07:23 PM
kk,

abilities-
3d modeling, intermediate- decent skill
Skinning, conversion is a b***** but its workable.
skilled in campaign start, flotilla text modification
s3d stuff
bump on log,
crier of spilt milk,
guitarist,
wearing sunglasses,
large headphones,
eating webcams,
Kraftwerk

ivank
06-08-09, 07:52 PM
lol

Hencore
06-09-09, 07:12 AM
Hi all,

Things I can do:

Website - I'm currently working on this, as well as logos and other graphic bits and bobs. I've got a few days off work next week so I should hopefully have the time then to get stuck into this properly.

Skinning - I don't have any experience doing this but if someone can show me the ropes a bit I think I could help out.

Voice acting - I don't know if we need this at all but I can record some RN voices if needed.

What do we want out of the website? Do we want a forum? do we want an internal forum for the team so we can argue and decide etc on our own board rather then mess up this thread?

I've created a spread sheet on google docs which we can share and update with our progress etc but everyone needs a google account first. I don't know if people are bothered.

DarkFish
06-09-09, 09:07 AM
Forum would be great, but not necessary as we can keep using the subsim forum. An internal forum would be really useful IMO. And of course a 'preview' page with screenshots and stuff.

I ain't got a google account yet, but if it's needed I can make one, no problem.

EDIT: yay! I'm one of those medics with the fancy hat now!:D the more you get promoted the more ridiculous you look:rotfl:

Hencore
06-09-09, 09:52 AM
You do look utterly ridiculous mate.

Oh, and now look at me. A "Nub" is that the technical name for that rank?

ivank
06-09-09, 02:34 PM
Great job with the forum! she looks good, but wont a room for general chit chat be the mess?

UPDATE ON MY END:
I tried to install IABL's MFM into SH3 and it failed, so I am re-installing SH3, and SH4. It is a bit much to re-install both, but I feel forced too, call it OCD or whatever :D!

Hencore
06-10-09, 02:36 AM
As an officer and a gentlemen you will find me relaxing in the wardroom with a glass of gin after finishing my watch. The mess decks are best left for your common sailor :DL

Anyway, you didn't post any of your thoughts on the new board. Get to sailor! :DL

ivank
06-10-09, 02:56 AM
:DL I will in the morning! great job btw.

I have some new thoughts about the mod, will post later.

mickey117
06-16-09, 06:37 AM
You do look utterly ridiculous mate.

Oh, and now look at me. A "Nub" is that the technical name for that rank? he looks half like a lady lol:haha:

DarkFish
06-16-09, 07:45 AM
he looks half like a lady lol:haha:hmm, yeah...:hmmm:
But don't worry, being a medic now I'd be more than pleased to give you some plastic surgery:yeah:

So, how do you want to look? Wild night in Bangkok? Sparky? Medic? Bilge Rat? Or maybe Electrician's Mate with the huge smile?:arrgh!:

mickey117
06-17-09, 05:22 AM
well now look at me a (a ganger)wtf?? i look rather a sun burnt

mickey117
06-17-09, 05:23 AM
a-ganger http://static3.urbandictionary.com/images/thumbsup.gif?1245040909 (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=a-ganger#) http://static1.urbandictionary.com/images/thumbsdown.gif?1245040909 (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=a-ganger#)
a Machinist Mate in the US Navy serving on board a nuclear submarine in the Auxilary Division. He operates and repairs all auxilary mechanical equipment on board the ship, which includes Hydraulic equipment, pnuematic equipment, diesel, AC&R, air regeneration and purifaction, sanitation, potable water, well in sort everything but the main turbines, reactor, and making water. one of the most knowledgeable men on board a submarine.

SilentAngel
06-17-09, 10:58 AM
Here in the dutch subs all the crew must have a basic knowledge of all the equipment on board and need to be able to operate it so also the cook know how to run the engines.

but then again we only have 4 relatively small diesel electrics in operation with a lot less crew and in case of an emergency its nice to know that everyone can do what it takes.

P.S any updates?:D

DarkFish
06-17-09, 01:51 PM
We're using our own little private forum now, so that's why there have been no updates for the last week or so.

I can't speak for the other members of course, but I'm still working on the elco (I'm a little stuck at the moment, I'm trying to get a clickable dial in the conning deck view, but I can't get it to work. Any suggestions?)

Here in the dutch subs all the crew must have a basic knowledge of all the equipment on board and need to be able to operate it so also the cook know how to run the engines.

Hah! De Koninklijke Marine is veel te goed opgeleid om A-Gangers nodig te hebben:yeah:

EDIT: yay! I'm a Navy Dude now! always wanted to be a Navy Dude!

ivank
06-17-09, 09:22 PM
TO ALL SURFACE WARFARE SUPER-MOD FANS:

We have the following ship list to complete in the next three months for the beta:

King Goerge V class[at least 2 out of the 5 (the two must have paint schemes)]
Admiral Class(HMS Hood)
Nelson Class[at least 1 out of the 2 (that one needs it's paint scheme)]
York Class
Dido Class
Flower Class
V&W Class
Bismarck Class[at least one of them]
Scharnhorst Class[at least one of them]
Deutschland Class[Graf Spee min.]
Admiral Hipper[Prinz Eugen min.]
K-Class Cruiser -OR- 1 type of Destroyer(34/36)

We only have 1.2 3D modellers
(I am the .2 as I can make a balloon is 3D:D)

This is alot of work for 1 modeller to take on in a 3-month span. So I, and the rest of The Surface Warfare Super-Mod Team, ask you this:

IF YOU OR ANYONE YOU KNOW HAS 3D MODELLING EXPERIENCE, PLEASE CONTACT US AND START WORKING ON A SHIP!!! IF THIS DEADLINE IS NOT MET I HAVE LITTLE FAITH IN THIS MOD SURVIVING THE YEAR:cry:
SO PLEASE CONTACT US ASAP TO START MODELLING AND SAVE THIS MOD.

Sledgehammer427
06-17-09, 10:53 PM
heheh, im higher ranked than all of you, and for one reason only...the towers keep disappearing from my campaign playable subs :D

SilentAngel
06-18-09, 10:41 AM
@ Darkfish

We get trained pretty well @ drinking beer too:D

ivank
06-18-09, 12:49 PM
Im trying to make the trailer but i go from ~30-40fps to 5-8fps with fraps

DarkFish
06-18-09, 01:46 PM
I use CamStudio for recording the screen as the freeware version of fraps has got a very annoying watermark. CamStudio has some effect on my framerate but it stays well above 20.

We get trained pretty well @ drinking beer too:Dvery tempting:) almost makes me join the navy too:()1:

Sledgehammer427
06-19-09, 01:33 AM
there are always dark horses running behind the surface warfare mod...but Sledgehammer struck a deal with the devil! :D

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/Fastrat91/SH4Img2009-06-19_022410_359.jpg

Highbury
06-19-09, 01:50 AM
:o... but but... I want....

mickey117
06-19-09, 07:28 AM
TO ALL SURFACE WARFARE SUPER-MOD FANS:

We have the following ship list to complete in the next three months for the beta:

King Goerge V class[at least 2 out of the 5 (the two must have paint schemes)]
Admiral Class(HMS Hood)
Nelson Class[at least 1 out of the 2 (that one needs it's paint scheme)]
York Class
Dido Class
Flower Class
V&W Class
Bismarck Class[at least one of them]
Scharnhorst Class[at least one of them]
Deutschland Class[Graf Spee min.]
Admiral Hipper[Prinz Eugen min.]
K-Class Cruiser -OR- 1 type of Destroyer(34/36)

We only have 1.2 3D modellers
(I am the .2 as I can make a balloon is 3D:D)

This is alot of work for 1 modeller to take on in a 3-month span. So I, and the rest of The Surface Warfare Super-Mod Team, ask you this:

IF YOU OR ANYONE YOU KNOW HAS 3D MODELLING EXPERIENCE, PLEASE CONTACT US AND START WORKING ON A SHIP!!! IF THIS DEADLINE IS NOT MET I HAVE LITTLE FAITH IN THIS MOD SURVIVING THE YEAR:cry:
SO PLEASE CONTACT US ASAP TO START MODELLING AND SAVE THIS MOD. heyy man just start a new thread asking people if they could help?:rock:

SilentAngel
06-19-09, 02:28 PM
Lol what is that sledge:o

And im sorry to say that my 3d skills with 3ds and so kinda suck... hard lol.
And atm I dont have to much free time on my hands:(

Sledgehammer427
06-19-09, 03:18 PM
thats the little work i did with the Harper Goff Nautilus. sorry, it took me forever to get that into the game. now to work on the surface shipz

Kipparikalle
06-20-09, 11:40 AM
Awesome Easter Egg

ivank
06-20-09, 04:48 PM
Nice sig

Kipparikalle
06-20-09, 11:19 PM
Thank you

ivank
06-20-09, 11:25 PM
:har::rotfl::haha: No Problem.

pasharr
06-23-09, 07:43 AM
SO PLEASE CONTACT US ASAP TO START MODELLING AND SAVE THIS MOD.

I'd quite happily help out. I usually use Maya for modelling, but I dont know what file types you'll need or what plugins ill require to import into Maya that sort of thing. So you'll have to bring me up to speed. Do you have a website set up for this or anything?

DarkFish
06-23-09, 08:06 AM
great :DL
contact ivank (if he doesn't contact you first) to join the team.

SH4 uses the .obj file format, judging from a quick look at its site maya should be able to edit those.

pasharr
06-23-09, 08:23 AM
Oh cool, I have the plugin for that. Do you know what size textures are being used? I imagine that SH4 is using 1024? Also which ships are being built currently? I dont want to start only to find that im repeating someones work! :DL

pasharr
06-23-09, 08:33 AM
He can email me on thorsfist@btinternet.com :DL

DarkFish
06-23-09, 08:48 AM
SH4 generally uses 1024*1024 but AFAIK it can be any size that's powers of two.
I don't know exactly what ships are being made/edited at the moment but I'm sure Ivan does.

141st_Alper
06-23-09, 07:33 PM
Guys anything about depth charges??

ivank
06-23-09, 08:38 PM
what about them?

DarkFish
06-24-09, 06:46 AM
you can launch depth charges if that's what you mean.

06-30-09, 04:09 PM
*hits stopwatch*
"Times up for the torpedo sir, now what?"
"hmm..."

06-30-09, 04:13 PM
there are always dark horses running behind the surface warfare mod...but Sledgehammer struck a deal with the devil! :D

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/Fastrat91/SH4Img2009-06-19_022410_359.jpg
NICE!! is it invinciable to ramming attacks, suicide runs, kamikazes? does it have torpedos of nuclear capiblity, anti air CWIS guns, plenty of missles, ninja crew and chuck norris as first officer? cause i want one!

Sledgehammer427
06-30-09, 05:37 PM
heh, nah, its supposed to represent the Movie Nautilus.
no topredos, no ninjas, no chuck.

iambecomelife
06-30-09, 10:42 PM
Sorry if this has already been posted, but will we see Kamikazes in the Pacific portion of the mod? They could be implemented by creating an invisible bomber with a new model of bomb that was actually an aircraft model (Zero, Baka bomb, or whatever).

ivank
06-30-09, 10:51 PM
IABL: I am wondering the same thing. But we are working on V1: Atlantic Action mod right now, so I am not sparing any time/effort to any other version.

Alex_SoboL
07-01-09, 02:31 AM
When it will be ready?

Sledgehammer427
07-01-09, 03:02 AM
beta is due by august, however, we want a quality beta, so we won't have to make many changes to make the final :D
in other words, a beta should be out by august, but we aren't making any promises

ivank
07-20-09, 05:25 PM
To comment on SH427's statement, the beta WILL be out in August. I do not care if it means cutting the 3D bridges from the beta release. All is in order for the release, just some 3d model editting and a campaign. I wish I had the skills to help move the mod along faster, but my modeling skills would slow us down, and the campaign can NOT be done until everything else is.

I have the link to the german destoryer we need:
Type 34 DD (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=132685)

So now only the Scharnhorst, Bismarck, Admiral Hipper need to be modeled. Assuming SH427 has finished his HMAS Sydney.

And can the team please check our forum, it is like I come back and everyone else leaves.

RobertGysae
07-21-09, 12:42 AM
Did someone say HMAS Sydney???:DL:DL

Can we get a preview of that?

ivank
07-21-09, 02:42 PM
It is not ready for preview the last time I checked.

The HMAS Sydeny is a tribute mod. Once the team starts checking our forum again, I will see about a preview.

RobertGysae
07-22-09, 12:39 AM
hey ivan did u see a couple of vessels from our fleet are in NY at the moment if you wanted to check them out. I think it's commemorating the arrival of the great white fleet to australia.

get onboard the ANZAC class frigate if you get a chance...if i join the navy later on im hoping to get posted to one fo them as a combat systems operator (radar, sonar etc.)

SilentAngel
07-22-09, 01:46 AM
Your ANZAC classes have alot in common with our Karel Doorman Class I believe:)

RobertGysae
07-22-09, 06:10 AM
probably would. our ANZAC class is actually just a modified german MEKO 200 class frigate:up:

ivank
07-24-09, 06:50 PM
An update from TSWSMT would be nice.:cry: Anything? Please? No one has posted on the forum in awhile. Not an email, nothing. I am getting sad :( and concerned.

P.S. My harddrive is dying, so I am getting a new computer!!!! Faster than before.

DarkFish
07-25-09, 07:37 AM
An update from TSWSMT would be nice.:cry: Anything? Please? No one has posted on the forum in awhile. Not an email, nothing. I am getting sad :( and concerned.

P.S. My harddrive is dying, so I am getting a new computer!!!! Faster than before.
I have, in the captains cabin.
Problem is, there's not much to report about. I'm still working on it but that's about all I can tell.

ivank
07-25-09, 05:41 PM
Any news on the 3D modelling front SH427 or alper or pasharr?

DGatsby
07-30-09, 12:33 AM
I have to say, I am very excited for this mod! Best of luck to the developers. Your work will not be unappreciated!

Rene
07-31-09, 04:28 AM
great work mates!
could you upload more pictures please. eg bismarck or other ships.

DeerHunter UK
07-31-09, 11:03 AM
great work mates!
could you upload more pictures please. eg bismarck or other ships.

Or better yet, a few screenshots of the County or York class cruisers. :yeah:

ivank
07-31-09, 12:18 PM
Sorry guys nothing yet.

karljacent
08-10-09, 06:16 AM
hi is there any updates yet and how far is a release date great work keep it up

polyfiller
08-10-09, 09:52 AM
Not wanting to upset Ivan .... but some of the work we have to finish is proving difficult and slow ... specifically damage models for AI warships. Many of these are nicely configured to sink and react properly when taking torpedo fire ... unfortunately they don't really respond too well to surface fire. Seems to apply more to converted S3d than stock ships ... but even some stock ships react in a real strange way. It's a real time consuming slog ... so far I've engaged the Bismark with KGV & Rdoney 120 times in just one day to try and get things balanced out. The game engine keeps throwing up things which cause AI ships to show as detstoyed far too ealry in an engagement when the ship is clearly nowhere near sinking and still has main armament active. Grrrr. Sometimes I really hate this game engine.

Anyone out there who has S3D experience and what's to help with the damage modelling should contact Ivan.

Trool323
08-21-09, 01:42 AM
It's the 21st guys I was hoping for a beta TSWSM?? :-? Sledgehammer told me the beta was due on the 20th..Anyway I'm just an excited fan of your work full of anticipation. :salute:

I hope all is going well,
maybe we'll C this mod soon,
keep up the hard work,
trool323...

miner1436
08-22-09, 10:58 AM
Any news?

ivank
08-22-09, 12:52 PM
Due to the amount of work and the challenge this mod is presenting to us, a beta will not be release.

I am afriad I must adopt the GWX saying "Its ready when its ready"

Jimbuna
08-23-09, 02:42 PM
Due to the amount of work and the challenge this mod is presenting to us, a beta will not be release.

I am afriad I must adopt the GWX saying "Its ready when its ready"

Oh please....if your going to copy or adopt, try to get the announcement correct. "It will be ready when it's ready".

http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/pirate.gif

ivank
08-23-09, 03:01 PM
:DI am sorry.

Jimbuna
08-23-09, 03:11 PM
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/2772/thumbsupgv0.gif

ivank
08-24-09, 06:03 PM
To make up for the lack of a mod release I have decided to release some 'mouth watering' !amazing! pictures.

The following is not a prank, but actual pictures of Darkfish's newest SWSM add-on;

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z99/ivankl/SH4Img2009-08-24_161734_996.jpg
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z99/ivankl/SH4Img2009-08-24_161742_677.jpg
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z99/ivankl/SH4Img2009-08-24_161742_677.jpg
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z99/ivankl/SH4Img2009-08-24_161755_929.jpg
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z99/ivankl/SH4Img2009-08-24_161803_516.jpg
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z99/ivankl/SH4Img2009-08-24_161803_516.jpg
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z99/ivankl/SH4Img2009-08-24_161926_025.jpg
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z99/ivankl/SH4Img2009-08-24_161929_370.jpg
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z99/ivankl/SH4Img2009-08-24_161902_889.jpg
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z99/ivankl/SH4Img2009-08-24_165235_656.jpg

Yes, your eyes saw right! That is the new player controlled S38 Boot!!!!

Based on Mikhayl's s-boot

ivank
08-26-09, 01:36 PM
WOW I thought the S-boot thing would be pretty cool

DarkFish
08-26-09, 03:59 PM
they are, they're just a tiny bit small;)

I'll post some pictures of my own with a bit larger size
http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc333/DF_3852/SbootNight1.jpg

http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc333/DF_3852/SbootNight2.jpg
the amount of detail Mikhayl has put into this model is just amazing:yep:

also featuring a smoke generator:
http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc333/DF_3852/smokegen.jpg

polyfiller
08-26-09, 06:26 PM
And another tantalising detail for the waiting public ..... we are in the process of adding and testing Darkfishes most excellent AI torpedoes to all the relevant DD's and Crusiers so the computer controlled ships will fire torpedoes at you (where they were historically fitted with them of course). It's really very effective. I just lost a Repulse class BC to a Shiratsuyu class DD (he stung me with 8 fish :o). Needless to say I took the little bugger down with me.

PL_Andrev
08-27-09, 02:23 PM
To make up for the lack of a mod release I have decided to release some 'mouth watering' !amazing! pictures.

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z99/ivankl/SH4Img2009-08-24_161734_996.jpg

ivank, thank for you job but WHY THESE PICTURES ARE SO SMALL?

ivank
08-27-09, 04:45 PM
Thanks!

And, I do not know why, but Vista is not letting me increase the size

polyfiller
08-28-09, 06:20 PM
We now have AI controlled submerged submarines which fire torpedoes at you :D

Sledgehammer427
08-29-09, 02:40 AM
3d progress, since you guys are dying to know. :haha:

I started work on the Bismarck.
the Bismarck you see in game is basically close enough to be refrenced as the Bismarck, but, of course, some things are far out of place. some things are soo....well, off, that its incredible.
the Bismarck you people will eventually use in the mod is not going to be a photorealistic reproduction. that will come later. the version you will use will be a blueprints-correct Bismarck. I would post pics of the work, but some of it is so hard to see the differences I am making, since they are so subtle. you wouldn't get it :D
this ones not so subtle though...
http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/Fastrat91/Sledgehammer46.jpg

ivank
09-01-09, 08:23 PM
Any more pictures SH427

Sledgehammer427
09-02-09, 03:19 AM
I'll slap on a working texture and post up the new Bismarck.

ivank
09-03-09, 07:18 PM
Pictures?

Sledgehammer427
09-03-09, 09:49 PM
http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/Fastrat91/SH4Img2009-09-03_213255_375.jpg
Bismarcj under fire from a buttload of cruisers. Sorry for the wait, he looks strange because he is still using the original textures. I have made a new set of coords that make it really simple to give the whole ship a new paint scheme without things overlapping and so on

tomhugill
09-04-09, 05:23 AM
Moar pictures!

ivank
09-04-09, 06:50 AM
yes more pictures, and polyfiller needs to put his radar on him. the old one looks bad

ivank
09-07-09, 07:23 PM
There has been a mixed debate within the team whether or not to go 100% historicaly accurate or not. Ships like the Tirpitiz, which spent most of the war in a harbour, would be boring. I wanted to know what the players would like.

100% accurate: stuck in base, no missions.
-or-
Semi-accurate: given missions that might have happen.

Trool323
09-08-09, 04:02 AM
There has been a mixed debate within the team whether or not to go 100% historicaly accurate or not. Ships like the Tirpitiz, which spent most of the war in a harbour, would be boring. I wanted to know what the players would like.

-or-
Semi-accurate: given missions that might have happen.

Well ivank, I say go with semi accurate because it's so much more fun. I mean the Tirpitz with a few turns to the left or the right in the war could of been a serious threat. PQ13 an artic convoy, could of been engaged by the Tirpitz and probably destroyed. But the germans were way to protective of her. I mean she probably would of seen certain doom much like the Bismarck, but at least give her a fighting chance. Like you said she just sat in the harbour untill the the planes came and destroyed her. What a S*** way to go.:shifty: Believe it or not that's why the Iowa was built so she could fight with the Tirpitz. Just imagine what that would have been like.

Jimbuna
09-08-09, 01:42 PM
I always thought the Iowa class were built to deter the Imperial Japanese Navy from continuing work on their new treaty-violating designs :hmmm:

ivank
09-08-09, 02:55 PM
Jimbuna: I think your right.

DarkFish
09-08-09, 04:20 PM

-or-
Semi-accurate: given missions that might have happen.I think you might have slightly misunderstood me so I'll clarify my opinion here. I do not want 100% accuracy either, that would be too boring (and besides, we're modding a game and not making a movie, if you want 100% accuracy that's the only way to go). I just want the campaign to be strategically historical. Being given missions like the real ships got. Not exactly the same and maybe a bit more of them, but missions like the ones given in reality.
Also I don't distinguish between the Tirpitz/Bismarck/Lützow/Gneisenau/Scharnhorst/any other battleship/battlecruiser. I'd go for only one BB career, which you can play using any of the above ships and be assigned generic missions of the kind that were given to battleships.
Like in september 1939 you are given an order to patrol the south atlantic, supply ships will be there and there, sink x tons of enemy merchant shipping etc. I don't necessarily want these missions to be historical, if only they fit into the historical context. So that you won't operate from Brest after februari 1942 etc as that didn't happen in RL either. And no what-if-scenario's like 'what if the Germans didn't retreat their fleet to Norway and kept on going on sorties in the south/mid atlantic' or 'Attack the D-Day invasion fleet'.

Any readers please post your opinion here, do you want a perhaps more exciting campaign containing lots of what-if-scenarios or do you stick with history?

polyfiller
09-08-09, 04:58 PM
Well seeing as the entire TSWSM team is now expressing it's opinions on here as welel as our mod forums (not a gripe ... just an observation) ... I don't want to be left out so I'm inserting my post here from our forums for folk outside of our team to see;

Just to respond to thequestion regarding historical accuracy v gaming interest posted on the sub sim forums ... you know my opinion is to have some "deviation" from history - basically what if Hitler hadn't lost his bottle after the Bismark was sunk. Here's a couple of ideas;

1) Continued attempts by Scheer class ships to break out into atlantic to attack convoys - con run these as a playable career for the Deusthland class throughout the way - use the historical stuff upto Bismark sinking and then deviate as I suggest.

2) As above, make attempted breakouts by Tirpitz accompanied by Scharnhorst and / or Giesnau and possibly a Deusthland.

3) Attempt to have Bismark and whatever else available suicidely intercept / intervene in the D-Day landings - suspect would be similar fate to the last Yamato mission.... but worth putting in the campaign ?

4) Continued armed merchant raiding missionsin the atlantic, maybe accompanied by our newly developed sub capability (imagine a Milch cow which is also actively engaged in commerce raiding ?).

5) More ficticous attempts to use the German surface fleet (various) to bombard Northern Prussia etc during last days of war (some of this actually happenned ....but just expand it a little).

6) This is historically accurate - but maybe can be made more interesting - the whole Norwegian invaision - there were some veyr interesting surface engagements ... maybe we can just spice up alittle ?

7) Attempt to get Geisnau into the med ?

8) As above - maybe attempt to get a German fleet to relieve the blockaded Vichy fleet before it's destruction by the RN ?

9) Med stuff could be developed further once we have Italian ships converted (not first relese, I know, but worht a thought) ... in fact the whole med scenario is a big subject .... lot's of possibilities for battles which either never happenned or very nearly happenned .... what would have taken place had the Italians not run for port when engaged by Warspite & co. ?

10) ... controversial - same argument I used before for Hood surviving ...what if Bismark had returned to Norway after engaging POW & Hood ?

I think the above are worth considering given that restricting the German surface action to same / similar directive as U-boat war doesn't really provide the freedom you get by playing a U-boat - because the U-Boats scope of operations were massive throughout the enetire war.

And on the lighter side ... hell I've been getting so much general modding / damage modelling work to do ... I don't see why I shouldn't increase the work our leader has to do on the campaign files :D

polyfiller
09-08-09, 05:00 PM
On another note ... is ther an idiot, no, complete mooron's guide to taking video clips from SH4 gameplay ... maybe I can provide some footage of some of the testing ... I mean ... I've seen some of my test missions run 1000's of times ... I don't see why I shouldn't make the wider public endure viewing them ;)

Sledgehammer427
09-08-09, 05:30 PM
In light of the arguments here and the SWSM forums, I think a good mix of Historically accurate and "what-ifs" are in order.

okay, obviously, we have to completely toss the Bismarck and the other capital ships being sunk. I was thinking to make the Bismarck be unavailable after she was sunk, I.E, another commander was selected and he got her sunk anyways. But if you select the Bismarck, you can rewrite history but Germany will still lose.
The problem is is that a certain class of ships, best illustrated by the Scheer, Spee, and Deutschland/Lutzow is completely seperate of one another, the only time any of these ships will be in the same place is when they come off the slips, or when they met up in Norway. We have to make every ship it's own class, so we can split them up and keep a good dose of historical accuracy. Spee was already in the south Atlantic when the war started, the Scheer was still fitting out IIRC, and the Deutschland was out in the Baltic training. The Bismarck and Tirpitz were launched relatively close together, but still never really saw each other until they were ordered to blockade the Baltic from the supposedly escaping Russians, which never happened, and they never saw each other again.
putting one class of ships in the same base is silly and inaccurate, I would like to see accurate bases for the selected time period.

PL_Andrev
09-09-09, 01:51 PM
Do you think about use "air waves" against capital ships?
If capital ship is really close to enemy borders, the enemy should use bombers to destroy them, more and more if ship is closer to land (or can be detected by radar).

In this way each German raider will be destroyed before end of war...

ivank
09-09-09, 02:25 PM
Air waves are already being worked out by me.

Sledgehammer427
09-09-09, 04:33 PM
ACtually, Operation monsun's air patrols are pretty accurate, you just have to gear them for surface ships, because a depthcharge dropping close by did not faze the brave crew of the admiral scheer :D

PL_Andrev
09-10-09, 09:11 AM
ETA:
TSWSM V1 Atlanic Action: BETA- early May 2009, Full release hope fully by June 19, 2009
Hilfskreuzer and Armed Merchant Cruiser Mod:Beta- late May 2009, Full release by June 19, 2009

Ekhm... Today is day after June, 19?
Where can I download TSWSM mod?
Maybe changing the full release date is needed...
:hmmm:

ivank
09-11-09, 04:24 PM
done

mickey117
09-14-09, 02:17 AM
Ekhm... Today is day after June, 19?
Where can I download TSWSM mod?
Maybe changing the full release date is needed...
:hmmm:
heyy dude sorry we have been pushed back alot:timeout: so we have had to appot gwx way of things as in "it will be ready when it is ready" sorry m8

pomquent51
09-16-09, 07:47 AM
hello, I want to know when the link of the mods will put online

ivank
09-16-09, 10:53 AM
When Verison 1 is done, we will post the links

Lipud U-107
09-18-09, 04:27 PM
Hey guys - someone had asked me a couple months ago for merchant ships that could be used for this mod? Here's the beta for the Merchant Fleet Mod; it includes several replenishment ships like oilers & ammo freighters that might be useful for resupply points. Be advised, these are still in the SH3 format.

Thanks

http://files.filefront.com/MFM+Beta+47z/;13614841;/fileinfo.html

I read a long time the article and see the beautiful work on this modem is a pity that the link is not active. pozdrawiam

P.S. Version 3 I saw a lot of interesting country but not Polish and I feel a little sad for that reason because the Poles were beautiful and very brave ships thunderbolt I ORP, GROM, błyskawica http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ORP_B%C5%82yskawica and Polish submarine ORP of which the most famous eagle which escaped from the Talin (Estonia)http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ORP_Orze%C5%82

ivank
09-18-09, 04:51 PM
The countries in Version 3 are not set in stone countries may be added, depending on how V1, V2 and the WW1 mod go

Lipud U-107
09-18-09, 05:39 PM
The countries in Version 3 are not set in stone countries may be added, depending on how V1, V2 and the WW1 mod go

I found an interesting page with the plans that I think may be useful

http://images.google.pl/imgres?imgurl=http://www.dreadnoughtproject.org/plans/KM_Graf_Zeppelin_1939//wasserschleier_anlage_100dpi.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.dreadnoughtproject.org/plans/KM_Graf_Zeppelin_1939/&usg=__xQ1boqhALXXrYQPQOrot1qny7gY=&h=3500&w=6782&sz=5842&hl=pl&start=5&um=1&tbnid=SaR29rKHsdk9DM:&tbnh=77&tbnw=150&prev=/images%3Fq%3DGraf%2BZeppelin%26imgsz%3Dl%26hl%3Dpl %26lr%3D%26sa%3DX%26um%3D1

DarkFish
09-19-09, 09:56 AM
I found an interesting page with the plans that I think may be useful

http://images.google.pl/imgres?imgurl=http://www.dreadnoughtproject.org/plans/KM_Graf_Zeppelin_1939//wasserschleier_anlage_100dpi.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.dreadnoughtproject.org/plans/KM_Graf_Zeppelin_1939/&usg=__xQ1boqhALXXrYQPQOrot1qny7gY=&h=3500&w=6782&sz=5842&hl=pl&start=5&um=1&tbnid=SaR29rKHsdk9DM:&tbnh=77&tbnw=150&prev=/images%3Fq%3DGraf%2BZeppelin%26imgsz%3Dl%26hl%3Dpl %26lr%3D%26sa%3DX%26um%3D1And interesting they are:D
Take a look Ivan and SH, especially in the plans section. Lots of original ship drawings with permission to reproduce in electronic form:yeah:
Thank you very much, Lipud

ivank
09-19-09, 10:24 AM
LOL! I have been on that website all night posting plans on our forum

SilentAngel
09-26-09, 09:32 AM
Nice link lol, its very hard to find real blueprints.

Lipud U-107
10-05-09, 03:57 PM
http://www.history.navy.mil/photos/usnshtp/bb/bb67.htm
^^ i thin is good page

http://navyshipgallery.blogspot.com/2008/11/german-ww2-bismarck-battleship-plans.html
^^ i see beter but it nice page

http://www.acepilots.com/ships/main.html
^^ nice :hmmm:

http://images.google.pl/imgres?imgurl=http://www.kbismarck.com/gerwarships/KB_GU5_F_Radar_AirRec2.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.kbismarck.org/forum/viewtopic.php%3Ft%3D451&usg=__kykYSk8nlvOKXCM5cjIfaxzC3Ts=&h=755&w=1047&sz=116&hl=pl&start=20&um=1&tbnid=gbniOn41Et4OaM:&tbnh=108&tbnw=150&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dwar%2Bword%2B2%2Bship%2Bplans%26hl%3D pl%26lr%3D%26sa%3DG%26um%3D1
^^ i thin is good page

http://www.naval-history.net/WW2Ships-HDML1001-01Plans.JPG
^^ i thin is good page

http://images.google.pl/imgres?imgurl=http://lcoat.tripod.com/4Stacker.JPG&imgrefurl=http://lcoat.tripod.com/shipdraw.htm&usg=__YqsnypAxSsf0SzUC08NRLXux3rE=&h=493&w=2467&sz=86&hl=pl&start=55&um=1&tbnid=U-TJ-m21pmlQwM:&tbnh=30&tbnw=150&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dwar%2Bword%2B2%2Bship%2Bplans%26imgsz %3Dl%26ndsp%3D20%26hl%3Dpl%26lr%3D%26sa%3DN%26star t%3D40%26um%3D1
^^ nice :hmmm:

and it all i found
p.s. sorry my bad engilsh:damn:am need more teach or somtin like that

DrBackJack
10-06-09, 01:15 AM
Ive got a good idea. A modern warships version. Sure I know you guys are hella busy working on TSWSM now but its just a idea.

ivank
10-06-09, 07:00 AM
If you check the 1st post, it talks about such a mod.

Lipud U-107
10-06-09, 07:51 AM
Ive got a good idea. A modern warships version. Sure I know you guys are hella busy working on TSWSM now but its just a idea.

mod modern warship hmm good idea but has one drawback today ships mostly shoot from a distance of from 200 to 2500 km may, and even more, and main artillery is usually 1 gun of 105 mm or 127 mm no unless she is a relic of WW2 such as USS IOWA

PL_Andrev
10-07-09, 02:06 AM
Hey, ivank,

Did you see that?
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=141541

Maybe it is new person to your team...

ivank
10-07-09, 07:31 AM
maybe, but he is working on the Japanese Camp.

Lipud U-107
10-11-09, 07:09 AM

i'am thin is good web site

http://dhost.info/pancerniki/baterie.htm
(http://www.google.pl/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=1&ved=0CAcQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fpeb.pl%2Fdvdrip-hq-7%2F105835-rapidshare-szalony-akademik-2-dorm-daze.html&ei=XcLRSoHDOYL-_Aawq4HZAg&rct=j&q=szkolny+akademik+2+peb&usg=AFQjCNFPXhj_4FToPVClWgqmjv9JMdITFw)

ivank
10-11-09, 11:18 AM
link does not work

PL_Andrev
10-11-09, 12:29 PM
i'am thin is good web site

http://dhost.info/pancerniki/baterie.htm
(http://www.google.pl/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=1&ved=0CAcQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fpeb.pl%2Fdvdrip-hq-7%2F105835-rapidshare-szalony-akademik-2-dorm-daze.html&ei=XcLRSoHDOYL-_Aawq4HZAg&rct=j&q=szkolny+akademik+2+peb&usg=AFQjCNFPXhj_4FToPVClWgqmjv9JMdITFw)

Did you mean:
http://www.dhost.info/pancerniki/baterie.htm
?

But this is polish language... maybe you don' know, but many people doesn't usderstand polish...
:down:

Unfortunatelly I didn't find english version... blah!

ivank
10-13-09, 06:46 PM
Thank you for the updated link

Lipud U-107
10-15-09, 05:44 AM
Did you mean:
http://www.dhost.info/pancerniki/baterie.htm
?

But this is polish language... maybe you don' know, but many people doesn't usderstand polish...
:down:

Unfortunatelly I didn't find english version... blah!

ues translet google

http://translate.google.pl/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.dhost.info%2Fpancerni ki%2Fbaterie.htm&sl=pl&tl=en&hl=pl&ie=UTF-8

Leon1980
10-31-09, 02:20 AM
news?

ivank
10-31-09, 03:18 PM
In hiatus

Leon1980
10-31-09, 04:36 PM
:cry:

ivank
10-31-09, 05:38 PM
Yes it is sad

Leon1980
11-01-09, 10:17 AM
not enaugh free time?
not enaugh helps?

ivank
11-01-09, 12:54 PM
It is a mix of both:cry:

I have tons of free time! :D
I am afraid that the current members of the team, have no free time. I have not check our private forum in a week, but the last I have check no one has been on in a while.:cry:

And with only 1 3D modeler work is slow. At the moment, we need these 3D models done before anything else it done. I can not do my campaign/convoy work with out a completed roster file. So all work is depending on them.

So as we have posted many times; this mod will cease production if we do not get more 3D modelers. I am re-learning the art of 3D modeling too help, but that is not enough.

If there are any 3D modeling skilled people out their that can just help out a little, that would be amazing.

When one model is done, it gets its damage model, made playable, put into campaign, and helps bring this mod to a close.

Leon1980
11-02-09, 02:12 AM
i'm so sorry that i cant help you because i understand nothing about 3d modelling..

for now the only realistic IIwar naval simulation (its a big word) is "fighting steel"...

after that.. only ****
cant play with battlestation midway or pacific storm..
BB's shot only at close range.. :down:

i've played with "Mare Nostrum" mod for Destroyer command..
good work.. but the the strategic AI is every time a suicide..

i dont know if you tried it?
do you think they are "easier" graphic motors for this mod?

milky12
11-05-09, 01:32 PM
is this mod released yet?

DarkFish
11-05-09, 03:19 PM
is this mod released yet?
nope, and with current production rate it'll take a while.
So once again, anyone with a bit of spare time and a bit of 3d modeling or modding experience, please help!

ivank
11-05-09, 03:38 PM
The fish of Darkness speaks!

And yea, it will take awhile.

theschell
11-13-09, 05:09 PM
I just recently sent a rather large supply of WW1 ships parts and ships to iambecomelife for use in the WW1 mod he's doing.... i don't do WW2 ships or i'd be happy to add to your work but perhapse some of the stuff i provided to him could be usefull... who knows...:)

BarnesBL0278
11-14-09, 07:22 AM
You guys wouldn't by chance have figured out how to make sounds for these surface ships, would you? I'm so tired of listening to submarine sounds and no environmental sounds (GQ, Ship's Bell, Boatswain's Whistle) I could just die. I love the Cleveland but damnit if the sounds don't work.

ivank
12-06-09, 03:04 PM
We at TSWSMT, are getting back on our feet to restart production of this mod. We are just waiting to hear back from our 3D-modelers on their condition. After we all get back together, this mod will continue.
We WILL release this mod, or at least V1. We promise you this. A version WILL be released. I have seen to many mod fail before, and I will make sure this is not one of them. I will post an update when production starts again.
The fate of; V2: Pacific, V3: Elite Warship Add-on, V4: Minor Navies, and V5: World War I, are still up in the air. All depends on how this mod comes together. We need to rethink our strategy when approaching such mods.

Thank you for your patience and for believing in us.
Ivan 'ivank'
and
The Surface Warfare Super-Mod Team

@Barnes:Sounds are not of concern just yet. Finishing version 1 is of the most importance.

gordonmull
12-08-09, 06:03 PM
Still looking forward to it!

Trool323
12-15-09, 07:46 PM
We at TSWSMT, are getting back on our feet to restart production of this mod. We are just waiting to hear back from our 3D-modelers on their condition. After we all get back together, this mod will continue.
We WILL release this mod, or at least V1. We promise you this. A version WILL be released. I have seen to many mod fail before, and I will make sure this is not one of them. I will post an update when production starts again.
The fate of; V2: Pacific, V3: Elite Warship Add-on, V4: Minor Navies, and V5: World War I, are still up in the air. All depends on how this mod comes together. We need to rethink our strategy when approaching such mods.

Thank you for your patience and for believing in us.
Ivan 'ivank'
and
The Surface Warfare Super-Mod Team

@Barnes:Sounds are not of concern just yet. Finishing version 1 is of the most importance.

Good guys glad to know you havn't givin up. I'm still working on that micro mod with only 4 playable battleships, single patrols, and new loading screens and its taking forever.:shifty: I don't know if it will ever get done but i'm only one man. So i know what you cats R going through. I've been to your forum and things look very good. Can't wait to play it.

don't give up stay in the battle to modding excellence,:salute:

BarnesBL0278
12-16-09, 03:38 AM
Hey, Ivan. Appreciate the reply, and I can't tell you how much I'm waiting for this. I absolutely cannot wait to stand on a finished bridge and give orders to my helmsman. By the way, where do you guys get those surface style guages?

baronfrost
01-06-10, 02:20 PM
Hi, just wondering are there any new updates?...this mod seems like the only thing many of us have always wanted which is a realistic surface warfare game. I don't understand why none of the companys that produced surface warfare games get it. I'm tired of thinking finaly and then all I get is another watered down arcade style of play.:salute:

DarkFish
01-06-10, 03:58 PM
well, we've resumed work:)

we're certainly aiming for a realistic surface ship warfare experience, but of course there are limitations from the game, so don't expect it to be as good as a game made specifically for surface warfare:cool:

that said, i can personally guarantee you it'll be better than all surface ship mods released so far

ivank
01-06-10, 04:47 PM
I was thinking of halting production of the German campaign and just doing the British/Australian, and American campaigns. Leaving the German one for SHV.

DarkFish
01-06-10, 07:52 PM
I was thinking of halting production of the German campaign and just doing the British/Australian, and American campaigns. Leaving the German one for SHV.
... but the s-boot is the most beautiful ship ever:wah:

anyway, let's thoroughly discuss this over at our forums and then come up with an official statement of some sorts

baronfrost
01-07-10, 12:50 PM
No...please don't kill the german campaign...we need it more than the others...:cry::wah::wah::wah:

Illuminati
01-08-10, 11:29 PM

If you put the German campaign on halt, even if its only in Beta stage, give me a price and ill buy what you currently have of the German campaign itself, just to sail The Bismarck.

Sledgehammer427
01-09-10, 01:49 AM
Ivan I think we will be better off doing all of the campaigns. If the code for SHV is really as similar to SHIV as the devs are saying it will be an easy switch over to the new version.

(easier to put the engine in if you have the car to begin with, as we say)

EDIT:
If you put the German campaign on halt, even if its only in Beta stage, give me a price and ill buy what you currently have of the German campaign itself, just to sail The Bismarck.

With the the mod will be an improved Bismarck. Improved on almost every aspect to be as realistic as possible. Just hold on Illuminati! Welcome to the forums!

Illuminati
01-09-10, 11:45 AM
Thank you for the kind welcome man, and thank you for your excellent efforts in pushing this mod, and working hard at it. I know this will be an amazing mod. :D

deadman-814-
01-10-10, 02:56 AM
To the tswsm crew you guys rock:rock: I've been playing silent hunter for years this mod is like a gift from god himself. If I knew anything about modding I would give you guys a hand. Anyway keep on kicking a## and taking names. :salute: :yeah:

tomhugill
01-11-10, 06:27 AM
With the teams permision I can realease a mod that allows for an improved bismark, scheer, hipper and scharnhorst tht work with OM!

DarkFish
01-11-10, 08:41 AM
With the teams permision I can realease a mod that allows for an improved bismark, scheer, hipper and scharnhorst tht work with OM!hmm, you'd have to discuss that with ivan...
though it probably won't be a huge problem to release 1 or 2 ships i guess cause they arent at release quality yet:)

(PS how do you like my new sig?)

Sledgehammer427
01-12-10, 01:13 PM
>_> I dig it!:yeah:

Sledgehammer427
01-12-10, 07:22 PM
http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/Fastrat91/Bismarck1.jpg
:yeah:

DarkFish
01-12-10, 08:22 PM
our first concept art:yeah:

Trool323
01-13-10, 04:31 AM
Yes nice concept art:rock:

DarkFish
01-13-10, 09:48 AM
http://f.imagehost.org/0084/SIG_2.jpg13 is my lucky number:DL
no really, every time i get assigned number 13 i win something:DL
http://i525.photobucket.com/albums/cc333/DF_3852/otje.jpg
you can't really see it in this pic so you're just gonna have to take my word for it:)

Trool323
01-13-10, 10:37 AM
Yes fish in the dark HAHA.. I knew somebody from the team would get a kick out of my SIG.. I do hear 13 can be lucky sometimes..:03:

Sledgehammer427
01-13-10, 10:56 AM
I dug up that picture on the box of my Bismarck Model kit, god only knows how much I want to draw like that. I clipped it out and scanned it because I knew you guys would like it.

Sledgehammer427
01-21-10, 07:52 PM
I've gotten back to work, which is what everybody here was hoping for >_>
:D
Tomhugill put out a request for the FuMO 23 style Mattress radar setup for the direction finders (at least, that's what I hope he asked for)
And I thought I would spoil you guys with the freshest fruits of my labor!
because we here on the mod team will let NO DETAIL slip through the cracks:yeah:
http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/Fastrat91/Sledgehammer92.jpg
http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/Fastrat91/Sledgehammer90.jpg
expect to find these on every german BB that carried them, and yes, they are blueprints correct.

vgautham_91
01-25-10, 02:11 AM
Talk about realism!!! you guys rock:rock:

ivank
01-26-10, 05:02 PM
thank you

deadman-814-
01-26-10, 08:28 PM
Man I can't wait for this mod to come together. Its going the rock:yeah:
this is like waiting for Christmas to come, lol. I've been a good boy this year. :har:

Illuminati
01-27-10, 03:37 AM
I just noticed the TSWSM Version 1 list, also includes the H-39 Class, thats excellent, I'm currently playing OM with the Beta H-39 Class ship that was released by Karle94 a while back - the model itself is stunning. Its good to know that the H-39 hasn't been forgotten about. Would be a great shame if an amazing model like that went to waste.

Sledgehammer427
01-27-10, 09:14 PM
Another image of the Bismarck detailing saga. Those pipes around the funnel are for the emergency Diesel generators, exhaust and inlet (why so many, I do not know, but there are a lot)
and, yes, that is an Arado in the hangar with it's wings folded. I figured that since a lot of people will want to use the Bis, me included, I'd go on a detailing binge and get it all nice and prettied up. :D
http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/Fastrat91/Sledgehammer99.jpg

Letum
01-27-10, 09:39 PM
http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/Fastrat91/Sledgehammer92.jpg
expect to find these on every german BB that carried them, and yes, they are blueprints correct.
I love the work you are doing, but don't you think that's a bit of a
waste of pollys that could be used elsewhere?
An equally good looking mattress could be made with out all the geomotry.

Sledgehammer427
01-27-10, 09:50 PM
It is a bit overdone I will admit. But, the poly limit of S3D is much higher, and, since my computer is of a relatively low spec, barely able to play SHIV, I think that if the game runs smoothly with all this fancy stuff added in on my machine, everyone else's will be able to handle it. Sometimes I just like to throw in all the little details. Maybe that's why they keep me around and listen to my crackpot ideas >_>

tomhugill
01-28-10, 10:32 AM
How long till the team gets a good look at it? :D

Sledgehammer427
01-28-10, 06:37 PM
haha sorry tom! I'm working on putting the deck on the model itself, instead of bothering with the stock unmodified deck. I redid the texture coordinates, allowing for more detail but some of my new groupings aren't showing up (the fore half of the hull is a good example. :damn:

So once I optimise the coords and get a basic set of textures set up I'll upload my work so far

Trool323
01-29-10, 09:17 AM
Excellent work Sledge from musician to musician.:rock:I like the design on the new BIZ marck. Wish I had the mad 3d skills you have mate..:salute:

p.s. have you ever heard the song sledgehammer from the 80s? the link is below if not..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqyc37aOqT0

Sledgehammer427
01-29-10, 04:31 PM
With a little time and patience anyone can have my mad 3d skillz. :D

I was always a secret fan of Peter Gabriel. I got a drummer friend that is obsessed with Genesis (make that two, I know drummers) and that's how I found pete.

Sledgehammer427
01-30-10, 10:56 PM
It may not look like much to you, and it won't look like much to The SWSM members...but it's the best thing evar. My textures are all sitting where they are supposed to be. that means the end of the Bismarck saga is in sight!
http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/Fastrat91/SH4Img2010-01-30_210059_410.jpg

EDIT: Final stretch! (TSWM Team. Guess what, That's the AO map on it too ^_^)
http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo351/Fastrat91/SH4Img2010-01-30_222247_129.jpg

Sledgehammer427
02-06-10, 12:32 AM
I thought I would keep everyone updated, I figured there would be a freak-out at a newly textured Bismarck but, we can't always get what we want.

I started on the Scharnhorst/Gneisenau, the model was really messed up, whoever did it just scaled down the Bismarck and knocked off a few prominent features. But I already have everything matched up with a blueprint I found. I even added the open bridge, which really was nothing more than a wheelhouse with a few viewing slats. the slats have been cut out and the doors have been opened. :yeah:

tomhugill
02-06-10, 06:31 AM
More bigger pictures please!"!

Alex_SoboL
02-10-10, 11:51 AM
When it will be ready, at last?

Sledgehammer427
02-10-10, 03:08 PM
When it will be ready, at last?

well, after all the kinks are worked out of our playable ships, it will be a quick(er) process getting it all into a campaign, looking good and working right.

DirtyACE
02-10-10, 05:30 PM
Slegdehammer, I'm really looking forward to your mod. At the moment I'm really enjoying the playable Admiral Scheer for OM, of which I know you made the original model and made it playable in SH4, and then lurker modified it for his mod.

Sledgehammer427
02-10-10, 05:46 PM
I'm not the only one in on this Surface Warfare Mod, you know ^_^
I'm just the 3d modeler! :D

I didn't make the Scheer totally playable, the credit goes to Xantrokoles, I just did a little work to make it playable in OM, which I knew people would want sooner or later. My initial mod "broke" a lot of things in OM so Lurker modified a few bits and pieces to make a almost brand-new mod out of it.

Alex_SoboL
02-11-10, 09:47 AM
well, after all the kinks are worked out of our playable ships, it will be a quick(er) process getting it all into a campaign, looking good and working right.
And when it will occur? At what stage of process?

DirtyACE
02-11-10, 04:02 PM
I'm not the only one in on this Surface Warfare Mod, you know ^_^
I'm just the 3d modeler! :D

Yes, of course. Simply acknowledging your contribution to it :)

Sledgehammer427
02-11-10, 04:09 PM
And when it will occur? At what stage of process?

well, once most or all of the playable ships are finished, the campaign will be set in motion. I am working on finishing the ships that really needed the work (Bismarck Class, Scharnhorst Class, Hipper class. I'll do what I can to polish the british ships and whatever american classes we might include)

as the only 3d modeler/texturer in the group, this is taking a lot of time, naturally

iowa101
02-13-10, 11:39 AM
is there a eta of this mods release, because i am really looking forward to playing with the bismarck, and other great ships. i am joining the royal navy and a game such as this really gives me something to enjoy. if its possible to send me a small file giving a list of whats to come then i will play and play until i can download this great sounding mod

thankyou

ivank
02-15-10, 04:06 PM
NEVER!!!!:yeah:

bennymaeker
02-16-10, 11:41 AM
Never? Why never? Or is it a joke?

ivank
02-16-10, 01:57 PM
This is joke

DirtyACE
02-16-10, 08:50 PM
NEVER!!!!:yeah:

Shouldn't that be "NEIN!!!" :hmmm:

ivank
02-17-10, 01:00 PM
Shouldn't that be "NEIN!!!" :hmmm:

Well you now what they say, When in Rome...