PDA

View Full Version : [TEC] Translucent Grey 'Objective Completed' Star

aanker
11-13-08, 03:48 PM
Has anyone tried to change the Grey 'Objective Completed' Star translucent (semitransparent) - almost transparent; allowing the background map image to pass through diffusely - or re-size the grey star to a smaller size etc?

Sometimes after several Objectives are completed around the same area during a patrol the map can become cluttered with grey stars, making it difficult to see contacts or plot their courses without zooming way in.

Maybe if I knew the name of the graphic file I could try to edit it?

Recently I had several Patrol and Deploy missions very close to each other making the last mission a lot more hazardous than it already was.... lol

Just a thought.

Happy Hunting!

Art

peabody
11-13-08, 08:07 PM
Has anyone tried to change the Grey 'Objective Completed' Star translucent (semitransparent) - almost transparent; allowing the background map image to pass through diffusely - or re-size the grey star to a smaller size etc?

Sometimes after several Objectives are completed around the same area during a patrol the map can become cluttered with grey stars, making it difficult to see contacts or plot their courses without zooming way in.

Maybe if I knew the name of the graphic file I could try to edit it?

Recently I had several Patrol and Deploy missions very close to each other making the last mission a lot more hazardous than it already was.... lol

Just a thought.

Happy Hunting!

Art
Try data/Terrain/LocationMaps there are icons in there that look the same, I do not know if there are the ones used. The begin with 'O' O_Reach.dds and O_ReachG.dds for the grey one, O_Patrol.dds etc.

Edit: These are also icons that can be used in the mission Editor so if they work the same as in there they can be set to resize on zoom, so that part may be hardcoded so I don't know where to change the size or if it would even help any.
Peabody

aanker
11-13-08, 09:27 PM
Try data/Terrain/LocationMaps there are icons in there that look the same, I do not know if there are the ones used. The begin with 'O' O_Reach.dds and O_ReachG.dds for the grey one, O_Patrol.dds etc.

Edit: These are also icons that can be used in the mission Editor so if they work the same as in there they can be set to resize on zoom, so that part may be hardcoded so I don't know where to change the size or if it would even help any.
Peabody
Thanks Peabody, O_Patrol_G.dds and O_Reach_G.dds sure look like they could be them. 1024 x 1024. One way to to find out for sure... substitution, and if that proves they are, I'm not much of a graphics pro but I'll fire up the Gimp and try ;-) .... I'm mostly looking for 'light opacity' - semitransparent - re-sizing wouldn't be needed. Thanks!

Art

difool2
02-08-10, 12:33 AM
Bumping this as it would really help to minimize map clutter.

vickers03
02-08-10, 03:16 PM
check out my strategic map symbols, should be more
realistic than grey stars.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/downloads.php?do=file&id=778

aanker
02-09-10, 12:10 AM
I decided to just go ahead and make the objective completed stars a transparent 1024x1024 dds for all of them so I never see anything after the objective is completed. Now, my map stays clean!

Happy Hunting!

Art