PDA

View Full Version : SH3gen and GIS viewer not working?

prowler3
11-07-08, 01:11 PM
I cannot seem to get the GIS viewer (Tatukgis) to work as advertised with the latest (and last) SH3gen? In my previous SH3 life I would be presented with a GIS map after running the SH3gen "genertate" command. For some unknown ignorance on my part, I can't get the map to open after I "generate"? I was under the understanding that this latest version of SH3gen would auto open the GIS after I generated...as long as the the GIS program was installed? This is how it worked several years ago, and I do have the GIS proggy installed..

What am I doing wrong...I'm quite sure it's me and not the SH3Gen/GIS proggies that are not working...just me.

Commander Gizmo
11-07-08, 02:55 PM
My first suggestion is that you re download it from GE's site (http://www.global-explorer.de/) and reinstall it to ensure you have the right version. I has some problems with installers downloaded from links in threads that had the right version number, but were in fact an older one.

Second, make sure that the check box to export the map and open it automatically is checked.

Third, make sure your system is configured to use the GIS viewer as the default application for the file type that is generated. I am right in the middle of a reinstall, or I'd find the file type for you.

prowler3
11-07-08, 06:51 PM
Third, make sure your system is configured to use the GIS viewer as the default application for the file type that is generated. I am right in the middle of a reinstall, or I'd find the file type for you.

:damn: :up: "What a maroon!" .TTKGS, btw.

Thanks Giz!