PDA

View Full Version : Questions on using DWedit. Some object.eod parameters

Castout
10-23-08, 01:51 AM
When I go to open the sensor dialog, there is the parameter nrd[-128, . . .-127]. What does this parameter control?

Also in the countermeasure dialog(which one I forgot) there is the update interval parameter. Does this control how long a countermeasure remain active? If not what parameter do I need to change to make a countermeasure remain active longer? And what's the estimated proper time for a countermeasure to remain active?

During world war II the German sonar decoys could remain active for 20 minutes.

Also is it possible to get rid of the blind spot for all of the towed array sonar carried by all the submarines? I mean there is no blind spot for the FFG's towed array sonar why should there be one for the submarines. Is it possible to get rid of the blind spot of the submarines' towed array sonar?

DWedit is so exciting :rotfl:. I just wish there is a way to mod the existing battery capacity of diesel-electric boats? I'm even considering to switch the Kilo thruster to modern electric sub+13. Will this add some endurance to the Kilo?

Help me please :)

LoBlo
10-24-08, 11:21 AM
nrd is roughly a measure of how sensitivity the senor is. The lower the NRD value (meaning more negative) the more sensitive (ie can detect quieter targets) the sensor

Countermeasure duration is, iirc, controlled in the doctrines call SubCM.txt