PDA

View Full Version : Free Camera

Flybywire
10-08-08, 08:34 PM
I have been gone for a long time but have just reinstalled with version 1.4. I have only added Fall of the Rising Sun. I was wondering what you guys would recommend for additional addons and how do I use the free camera? I forgot...becasue I am an old fart.

Task Force
10-08-08, 08:36 PM
I belive its. F12 and the < and> keys.;)

Flybywire
10-08-08, 08:50 PM
Thanks for the reply. F12 brings up the objective chart...any other ideas? I loved moving around the ship with that free camera.

Webster
10-08-08, 10:19 PM
you should get the uboat ad-on v1.5 for $9 because it creates a new game engine so the game works so much better and it is not really about uboats at all. the uboat part of it is only about 10% of it.

most mods are made for it now and while there are still lots of mods for 1.4 there are fewer and fewer made for it. the large mods and most new mods are 1.5 mods

in the mean time just use trial and error to see what mods may work for 1.4, many work on both 1.4 and 1.5 even though it wasnt intended that way.

alunatic
10-09-08, 12:36 AM
The free camera is F11 by the way :D

Flybywire
10-09-08, 03:03 PM
Guys,

I just purchased version 1.5 and it installed OK. Where should I start with MODS?

Also, I am wondering still about the camera. I remmember being able to move anywhere...I think it was apart of Living Breathing Ocean?

SteamWake
10-09-08, 03:10 PM
Press the full stop, or period key... on your keyboard not the numpad for the follow key.

F11 is the free cam or at least it should be.

Flybywire
10-09-08, 03:37 PM
I will try F11. What I am looking for is the ability to walk around the boat and deck.

Lexandro
10-09-08, 03:38 PM
Guys,

I just purchased version 1.5 and it installed OK. Where should I start with MODS?

Also, I am wondering still about the camera. I remmember being able to move anywhere...I think it was apart of Living Breathing Ocean?
Check out THIS THREAD (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=142924)first, there a a few bugs in Uboat addon, and some are already sorted. You should start a game with the fixes listed and sail around a bit. Do this before embarking on any major gameplay mods. In this way you can get a feel for 1.5 before changing it with mods.
I will try F11. What I am looking for is the ability to walk around the boat and deck.

The Pacific Enviroments mod changes the camera to allow full walkabout inside and outside of the boat.

wetwarev7
10-10-08, 07:28 AM
Guys,

The camera mod is found in a few of the larger mods like Pacific Environments and TMO. I extracted it a while back from one of those cause I just wanted the camera changes. If you only want the camera mod, here is the one I extracted for myself. I did not create it, and you won't get any support for it anywhere.

http://files.filefront.com/My+Camera+Modzip/;11930 (http://files.filefront.com/My+Camera+Modzip/;11930341;/fileinfo.html)