PDA

View Full Version : Sh4 resolution for 800x600 is it possible??

richardphat
10-05-08, 10:10 AM
Hi captain,
my friend allows me to borrow his SH4 for a week while he is taking a break. So i didnt want to lose a single time and decide to install it :arrgh!: . Great this game is now install on my computer, but it looks like i lagg too much! even at 1100x720 (im not sure exactly but it is something like that). I set the graphic to lowest and every option which needs alot of texture detail.
And yet no result, i lagg very much!
I dont know if there is a mod which allow me to change resolution in full-screen mode. (I didnt try the sh3_res because it works only for sh3 doh!:oops: ).
And some people are going to say go look in search before posting, i tried but it gives me alot of topic which is not related to this problem . I just need a quick asnwer, just tell me the exact name of software and it will help me alot to look for it!
Thx kaluens!

Webster
10-05-08, 02:12 PM
to help you we must know what cpu and memory ram you have and also the video card.

richardphat
10-05-08, 05:57 PM
to help you we must know what cpu and memory ram you have and also the video card.
thx for answer!
Well cpu 2,6 gHz dual core
Nvidia 6150 Le+ (256 mb)
Psu 300 watt( thats why i cannot buy a new graphic card)
2x1024 ramm minus 128 for internal graphic card
Support Pixel shader 2.0 but it sucks!

LukeFF
10-05-08, 06:11 PM
Your computer hardware is just not going to support the game at such a ridiculously low resolution.

richardphat
10-05-08, 06:59 PM
:dead: :dead: my dream to play sh4 is now over!

gimpy117
10-05-08, 09:08 PM
are you running an ATI card??

use catalyst and set it to 800x600...

Hylander_1314
10-05-08, 09:12 PM
Naw, he's got an Nvidia setup, but he might want to try NV Hardpage as it's similar to Catalyst Control.

Lexandro
10-05-08, 09:27 PM
You can still get a new graphics card even with that PSU. There are plenty of low wattage cards on the market now that will easily run SH4. ATi especially are very good at this, as most of the lower end cards are extremely conservative on power usage but have way better performance than your current card. I'm thinking something like a HD-3450 or HD-3650.

Also a new PSU wont cost a packet and there are plenty to choose from. Any decent 400w or more PSU unit will run a newer card without problems, such as an ATi 3850 or a Nvidia 9600.

gimpy117
10-05-08, 09:40 PM
get new PSU as well.

cheap psu's go wonky after a while of balls out gaming....I know mine lit on fire... but before it did it burnt out my entire computer by delivering too much power to everything...and then it went all tiki torch

richardphat
10-05-08, 10:33 PM
Thx guy never knew a 300w would be able to support a hd type!
Love you all!
And i might bump this thread tomorrow for more advice if needed!

CrocodileDundee
10-08-08, 08:27 AM
Nvidia 6150 Le+ (256 mb)

Power consumption depends on many things, such as CPU, Mem clock, graphics, number of HDDs (type: e.g. A WD SATA II Raptor 10,000rpm will drain more juice than a Seagate Sata I), raid configuration, sound card (e.g. XiFi Fatality Champoin Platinum series PCI express) draws much more than the previous XiFi Fatality PCI versions and a LOT more than integrated sound cards.

Contrary to the 'mainstream' gossip, overclocking does not increase the power consumption so much, because higher settings (>> than 150% performance for example) does produce so much heat (esp for AMD which still uses 65nm techology even in its Phenom quad cores) that you'd need water cooling to prevent it from burning.

So if you plan to upgrade to a config like: quad core (2.6-3.6 Ghz), fast DDR3 (1066-1666Mhz), ATI 4870 X2 (2GB), XiFi Champion Platinum PCI-E and WD Raptors x2 raid 0, you'd need close to 900W to keep it stable in a case with more than 4 fans. But if you add another monster 4870X2, you'd have to jump straight into 1200w just to be sure.

If you want to keep your 2,6 Ghz dual core and have a decent ATI 3870, I'd still reccomend getting a 400w PSU (you can get them these days for 100-120 bucks even from thermaltake - mainly because there's demand on the market for >600W+ PSUs.

Always have a bit more more wattage than required than less, it will make your system more stable.

tomoose
10-08-08, 12:02 PM
"minus 128 for internal graphic card"???

I may be off-base here but if you've got the nVidia card why is your internal still enabled and requiring 128M?? I'd go for a 7800 series nVidia card and make sure the internal graphics (on-board) is disabled. For what it's worth.

richardphat
10-08-08, 09:02 PM
"minus 128 for internal graphic card"???

I may be off-base here but if you've got the nVidia card why is your internal still enabled and requiring 128M?? I'd go for a 7800 series nVidia card and make sure the internal graphics (on-board) is disabled. For what it's worth.

Well the "experts" told me if any internal graphic card is activated. It took half of your graphic from your ram!

richardphat
10-08-08, 09:05 PM
Naw, he's got an Nvidia setup, but he might want to try NV Hardpage as it's similar to Catalyst Control.

ALARM
Nuuuuuuuuuu!:damn: :damn: :damn:
I installed NVHardPage.............
What it has done are: Messed up with the color texture
Messed up for pixel
Auto-Reboot my pc everytime i open Last Chaos!
Well now i got more problems and much more than before.
Do you know how to reset all the setting to default??
I tried to uninstall it but no result.
I tried to reinstall NVhardpage and hope the setting are already at default but i still experienced horrible gaming time!

Do you know how to reset to dault or anything which can set the graphic option to normal?

richardphat
10-08-08, 09:07 PM
Nvidia 6150 Le+ (256 mb)

Power consumption depends on many things, such as CPU, Mem clock, graphics, number of HDDs (type: e.g. A WD SATA II Raptor 10,000rpm will drain more juice than a Seagate Sata I), raid configuration, sound card (e.g. XiFi Fatality Champoin Platinum series PCI express) draws much more than the previous XiFi Fatality PCI versions and a LOT more than integrated sound cards.

Contrary to the 'mainstream' gossip, overclocking does not increase the power consumption so much, because higher settings (>> than 150% performance for example) does produce so much heat (esp for AMD which still uses 65nm techology even in its Phenom quad cores) that you'd need water cooling to prevent it from burning.

So if you plan to upgrade to a config like: quad core (2.6-3.6 Ghz), fast DDR3 (1066-1666Mhz), ATI 4870 X2 (2GB), XiFi Champion Platinum PCI-E and WD Raptors x2 raid 0, you'd need close to 900W to keep it stable in a case with more than 4 fans. But if you add another monster 4870X2, you'd have to jump straight into 1200w just to be sure.

If you want to keep your 2,6 Ghz dual core and have a decent ATI 3870, I'd still reccomend getting a 400w PSU (you can get them these days for 100-120 bucks even from thermaltake - mainly because there's demand on the market for >600W+ PSUs.

Always have a bit more more wattage than required than less, it will make your system more stable.

Now thats the problem, if i buy it i dont know how to install it.
If i buy and make the professional install it, they'll always try to persuade me to buy another thing! And they always ripp me off!

Webster
10-08-08, 10:55 PM
i sent you a PM that should help you :up: