PDA

View Full Version : Request for clarity re GWX4 thread

Uber Gruber
10-02-08, 08:39 AM
Could I ask the moderators why the GWX4 thread (linked below) was locked following Privteer's post please ? I can not for the life of me see what is inflamatory about it.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=141942

Thanks in advance...

Mikhayl
10-02-08, 09:15 AM
It's funny how threads get locked faster in the SH4 section than in General Topics :lol:

Sailor Steve
10-02-08, 10:04 AM
Not really funny, or odd (which is the type of 'funny' I assume you meant). Neal said when he created that thread that there would be a zero-tolerance policy for any hostility, and for better or worse Privateer's last comments were a little defensive at best.

I'm not saying I agree or disagree with him, and in fact it could have been locked for an entirely different reason, in which case I'm talking through my hat again. I'm just sayin', that's all.:sunny:

Madox58
10-02-08, 06:57 PM
With no explanation why it was locked?
How are we to correct things?
:hmm:

Onkel Neal
10-02-08, 09:40 PM
I locked it. I had gotten a Bad Post report and after reviewing the contents of the last few posts, decided to lock it before the participants got themselves in hot water (no, not Privateer, he just happened to be the last person to post).

I've been asked to notify the moderators before locking threads in this forum; I will abide by that request. However, as I said when opening this forum a few months ago, if things get out of hand, people will get brigged, and I am not going to listen to appeals or suffer disagreements on who is right and wrong. Everyone thinks they are "right". Yet, all these "right" people manage to break down and disrupt the forums.

Neal

Sailor Steve
10-02-08, 11:49 PM
See, I was talking through my hat again. Gotta get a new hat.

Apologies.

Rockin Robbins
10-17-08, 01:22 PM
Yeah, I had made a comment that the GW wouldn't settle for just porting SH3 GWX components to SH4 and that they would want a truly SH4 mod using new capabilities. One of the GW got his anatomy in a wringer that I would dare to read their posts and talk to their leader and pretend to speak for them. I replied that I was only repeating common knowledge and was confident that I had got it right. If I were wrong, privateer would jump in to tell me I was wrong and I'd apologize for getting it wrong. Privateer and I exchanged PMs after that and he agreed with me. I didn't complain about his over-enthusiastic member. When I returned to the thread later I found it locked.

I didn't think it warranted freezing the thread. But that's Neal's decision and things have been going rather well. No sense taking a chance, I suppose. No harm was done by the lock in any case.

Onkel Neal
10-17-08, 02:08 PM
We tried to take the approach that people could work these things out without a lot of intervention. That obviously did not work. People got their "anatomy in a wringer" because other people could not resist instigating and picking. I really don't understand the psychology behind this when you do it, or when people overreact, but yes, better safe than sorry so locking threads is a technique we use to keep things under control.

Since the post before yours was made fully two weeks ago, locking now. I will notify the moderator.

Neal