PDA

View Full Version : Quad Core Q6600 and Vista x64

Tegramon
09-27-08, 01:58 AM
I bought Dangerous Waters and can't seem to run it at all so well. First of all, there is no widescreen support and there's also very bad game performance. It's jerky and moves slow. Any ideas ... ?

OneShot
09-27-08, 03:40 AM
Ever considered doing a search on your question ? You might not be the only one ...

Tegramon
09-27-08, 03:57 AM
If I had found a solution for my problem I would not have posted here ...

goldorak
09-28-08, 01:05 AM
I bought Dangerous Waters and can't seem to run it at all so well. First of all, there is no widescreen support and there's also very bad game performance. It's jerky and moves slow. Any ideas ... ?

DW does not support widescreen resolutions.
The only non 4:3 resolution supported is 1280x1024.
So if you want to play on a widescreen monitor with non distorted graphics your options are twofold : either use the graphics card to scale 4:3 aspect ratio or let the monitor do it.(*)

* - The monitor or the graphcis card have to support 4:3 aspect ratio scaling. If they don't you are limited to playing with distorted graphics.

As far as performance goes, DW has absolutely no problem whatsoever running on a quadcore. I don't have vista 64, but on xp with an intel quadcore 6700 and a decent graphics card the game just flies.
Performance can be hampered by the use of an integrated graphics card.

Dr.Sid
09-28-08, 05:44 AM
Some people actually had troubles running DW on multi core CPUs and they had to fix DW to single core (task manager can do that or many tools, like RunFirst).
I never had such troubles anyway.

goldorak
09-28-08, 06:34 AM
Some people actually had troubles running DW on multi core CPUs and they had to fix DW to single core (task manager can do that or many tools, like RunFirst).
I never had such troubles anyway.

Most of those troubles arise using amd multicore chips.