PDA

View Full Version : German Medal Progression, Graphics?

tigone
09-05-08, 10:10 PM
German naval decorations were awarded in a strict sequence -- Iron Crosses 2nd and 1st Class, Knight's Cross to the Iron Cross, Knight's Cross with Oak Leaves, etc. I recently completed a very successful first patrol in U-47 (as Leutnant Heinz Schnitzel), and received the Knight's Cross -- but without holding the lesser awards that in real life would be necessary. Is there a fix for this? It would be somewhat inappropriate to come back from the next patrol to receive an Iron Cross 1st Class.

On a similar note, although I received the (basic) Knight's Cross, the graphic shows the Kinight's Cross with Golden Oak Leaves, Swords and Diamonds, an award that was never actually given to any member of the Kriegsmarine. I know that I have the textures to display all levels (CaptainRoom_Badges.dds)

I'm running OM 400, although I'm not sure that's where the problem lies.

peabody
09-05-08, 10:43 PM
German naval decorations were awarded in a strict sequence -- Iron Crosses 2nd and 1st Class, Knight's Cross to the Iron Cross, Knight's Cross with Oak Leaves, etc. I recently completed a very successful first patrol in U-47 (as Leutnant Heinz Schnitzel), and received the Knight's Cross -- but without holding the lesser awards that in real life would be necessary. Is there a fix for this? It would be somewhat inappropriate to come back from the next patrol to receive an Iron Cross 1st Class.

On a similar note, although I received the (basic) Knight's Cross, the graphic shows the Kinight's Cross with Golden Oak Leaves, Swords and Diamonds, an award that was never actually given to any member of the Kriegsmarine. I know that I have the textures to display all levels (CaptainRoom_Badges.dds)

I'm running OM 400, although I'm not sure that's where the problem lies.

I am currently working on a campaign and I have found the medals in 6 different locations, so you may not be looking at the ones that are used. I found that mine are coming from Menu/Data/AwardItems3 and 4. All resolutions may not use the same ones, I don't know, but that is where mine come from and there are six of them.( I am positive because they are Japanese not German any more). OM may have changed where they get the medals from, but the stock for the resolution I am running are not CaptainRoom_Badges
And I have an older Sony Trinitron monitor and can't up the resolution to check and see if they use the same ones.
I'm sure someone from OM could give you a definate answer.

Peabody

Pablo
09-06-08, 06:50 AM
Hi!

I'm guessing that the SH4 system for awarding medals is based on the U.S. system, in which you could get any combat medal without having to first receive an award of lesser distinction. For example, you didn't need to earn the Bronze Star, Silver Star, and Navy Cross before being awarded the Medal of Honor.

Pablo

tigone
09-06-08, 09:43 AM
Pablo wrote:

> I'm guessing that the SH4 system for awarding medals is based on the
> U.S. system, in which you could get any combat medal without having
> to first receive an award of lesser distinction.

Yup, but makes for an odd U-boat campaign.