PDA

View Full Version : IL2 Modifications

Pages : [1] 2

HunterICX
08-07-08, 03:10 AM
Show, tell and discuss the Modifications for IL2 1946,

How does it look? How does it fly? Whats new and whats in the progress?
what are your thoughts about the new stuff? etc etc

but before you post here: Read this First, Please (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=140416)

Thank you,
HunterICX

Biggles
08-07-08, 04:51 AM
This should be interesting...:hmm: Don't use anything myself, but could be interesting to see what's out there.

Mush Martin
08-07-08, 05:50 AM
How does it fly?

Really good.

I got lucky and succesfully landed a B-29 on second pass of my first try.
it was awesome its like flying a building. A very smooth building but a
building none the less, The amount of anticipation and concentration
necessary was intense.

totally totally cool.

for the record since then I have written off a half dozen aircraft
in subsequent attempts
M

(ps. thanks to the Onkle)

Dowly
08-07-08, 08:40 AM
Atm, I'm only using few mods on-top of the soundmod, but are they cool! :cool:

My 2 favorites are the high resolution cockpits for the 109 and my own new fire mod for burning planes which uses the flames seen on the rockets/rocket-engines in the stock game. No more fireballs spawning from the damaged plane. :p

I need to get back to modding and figure out a way to make the flames of burning engines etc. to emit light, similar to when guns are fired. Would look darn cool in night missions. :hmm:

As for mods in general and what all is currently available, all I can say is WOW! With what the modders have to work with, it's just damn impressive to see what all there's been made already.

I see some ppl starting to work together on mods, so I'd say after few months we just might have first big mod coming. :up:

Actually, I'm surprised how few bigger mods there has been. The coding stuff seems to be pretty simple, atleast the particle stuff.

Dowly
08-07-08, 09:28 AM
Ah yes, Nightfighter campaign is on the top of my wishlist aswell. :up: I think you can get to fly the SpitMkI in action when CanonUK finishes his BoB map. :hmm:

Task Force
08-07-08, 09:52 AM
D** where are all these mods! Ive searched the far corners of the internet(with the help from google) and I cant find a thing.:doh: I am tierd of the stock bf 109 sounds.

Fincuan
08-07-08, 12:56 PM
I'm finding it hard to believe you've searched the far corners, since a simple IL2+mods gives you the correct answer right on top of the list :lol:

Task Force
08-07-08, 12:59 PM
I found them. Just not looking good enough.:rotfl: I guess I didnt think the wedsite would have mods.

Task Force
08-07-08, 01:01 PM
Oah yea did I mention I was exadgerating.:rotfl:

onelifecrisis
08-07-08, 07:45 PM
Anyone care to list the "essentials" and save folks like Task Force and I from trying dozens of mods to find the few good ones?

Pretty please? :ping:

Mush Martin
08-07-08, 10:15 PM
I for one found just getting all the planes but one I think flyable.
this alone was plenty.

some sounds are ok some sounds are not so great review prior to
installing, my stock engines sound great, the Abfab super engine
sounds sounded like someone took their mp3 player and recorded
a flight demo from you tube on their pc speakers.

its a start anyway.
M

Task Force
08-07-08, 10:18 PM
Dowly you Have a pm...;)

Fincuan
08-07-08, 11:27 PM
Here's some mods I'm currently running. Since I'm running them it also means I'm pretty satisfied with them. I'll try to post screenshots when I get home from work.

The normal modpack that is installed when you start. -CloudMods and -Soundmod
Freddy's 109 cockpits(this is a must have)
ALL FW 190 A & D Cockpits(another must have)
6 DOF Tracker version
Avala's planeshine mod
SKIN MOD v1.3 + a few skinpacks(Pacific and Hurricanes)
Weapon hit effects 1.2 (mg effects) BETA
Weapon Hit Effects Mod + Rocket Trail v1.3(cannons and rockets), BETA
New curving bullet trail effect, BETA

Task Force
08-07-08, 11:29 PM
I cant wait for dowly to reply so I can get my game going. Stops at 5% when loading.:roll:

Fincuan
08-07-08, 11:33 PM
No need to wait for Dowly, see the mod installation thread at AAA. Your answer is there.

Task Force
08-08-08, 12:00 AM
Sorry for flooding your pm box dowly... But thanks for the help you gave me dowly

onelifecrisis
08-08-08, 12:14 AM
Here's some mods I'm currently running. Since I'm running them it also means I'm pretty satisfied with them. I'll try to post screenshots when I get home from work.

6 DOF Tracker version
Avala's planeshine mod

Thanks, I'll check those out :)

onelifecrisis
08-08-08, 12:16 AM
...when CanonUK ..finishes his BoB map.

I read about someone making a BoB map, but they were making it at 1:2 scale :nope:

Is that the map you mean or is there another in the works?

Fincuan
08-08-08, 12:47 AM
Thanks, I'll check those out :)

You won't be disappointed. Note that one of those weapon hit effect mods requires disabling a similar mod in the modpack, or at least removing a few files from it. It was called EFFECTS something. I'll check this when I get home.

Dowly
08-08-08, 07:53 AM
I read about someone making a BoB map, but they were making it at 1:2 scale :nope:

There's 2 BoB maps in the making. 1:2 scale is fine for me, the maps include custom built airfields (real photos of the RAF fields used as reference), new buildings & objects and tons of more cool stuff I cant remember atm. ;)

@Fincuan: When I can be arsed to tweak my "Bullet trail" mod and finish it, I'll give you a shout. I think you'd like it. ;) No more trails ala stock IL2, but white smoke following the bullet ala BoBII & RL guncams. :up:

EDIT:Oh and a word of caution for the users of mods. There is conflicts with the host using stock IL2 and hosting a mission where the mission maker havent checked the "AI only" thingy for unflyable planes.

Fincuan
08-08-08, 08:05 AM
@Fincuan: When I can be arsed to tweak my "Bullet trail" mod and finish it, I'll give you a shout. I think you'd like it. ;) No more trails ala stock IL2, but white smoke following the bullet ala BoBII & RL guncams. :up:

I'd be happy to try it, so please do send it to me when it's done. :up:

The one I have now is actually quite good, and looks a lot like the guncam vids I've seen. Curving white smoketrail instead of the lazers a la stock IL2.

Task Force
08-08-08, 09:26 AM
Bob2 Havent herd of it.:huh:

Dowly
08-08-08, 09:47 AM
http://pc.ign.com/articles/671/671775p1.html :up:

YOU THOUGH I FORGOT, DID YOU!? :p

Noooo, I didnt! BoBII has the best and the most human AI ever made in an combat flight sim. The IGN review says it reacts slowly, and it surely does that due to the AI having reaction time. They dont have eyes on their back, so you actually sneak on in your enemy without him seeing you. Great game! :up:

HunterICX
08-08-08, 09:48 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Britain_II:_Wings_of_Victory (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Britain_II:_Wings_of_Victory)

Official Website:

http://www.shockwaveproductions.com/ (http://www.shockwaveproductions.com/)

HunterICX

Task Force
08-08-08, 09:53 AM
Thanks for the links everyone.

onelifecrisis
08-08-08, 07:40 PM

There's 2 BoB maps in the making. 1:2 scale is fine for me, the maps include custom built airfields (real photos of the RAF fields used as reference), new buildings & objects and tons of more cool stuff I cant remember atm. ;)

Seems weird to me that someone would go through so much effort to get the details "right" given that the 1:2 scale means that the entire map is going to be wrong. Might as well stick with the Gulf of Finland! But, each to their own. ;)

The other map is news to me, I'll do some digging, thanks for the tip :up:

Oberon
08-15-08, 06:46 PM
Wow...just...wow

This sounds like IL2 should have sounded like, I'M NO LONGER FLYING A LAWNMOWER!! :up: :up: :up:

Kptlt. Neuerburg
08-16-08, 01:58 AM

6 DOF Tracker version
Avala's planeshine mod
New curving bullet trail effect, BETA Where can I find these mods? Also I read about one that changes the IL-2 Core files what exactly does it change about the game and is it worth having?http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=140430 heres the link.

Fincuan
08-16-08, 02:16 AM
Where can I find these mods? Also I read about one that changes the IL-2 Core files what exactly does it change about the game and is it worth having?http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=140430 heres the link.

Those I listed you can get from a site where we can't post links due to Subsim's rules. Google il2+mods and you'll find it. The "core files" listed in the other thread are official and released by the developer of patch 4.09. Depending on your system they might change things or not, but back up the old ones and give those a try. It's only a few files, so you can always ditch them if you don't like them.

Dowly
08-16-08, 06:30 AM
New (Oldish already, just tried it today) great mod from the community:

Buildings in fire + new explosion effect mod!

Time to another mod which maybe many was waiting for, this mod changes two effects in game,
first the bomb explosions (will change also the effect, when aircraft crashes down) effects and
the second one! yes it will add flames to buildings and other static objects like trees, controltower,
maskingnet and... so load you plane and burn the cities and airfields, Buildings
in fire effect will last about 2 minutes and 10 seconds, it is out of my knowledge to give
it more lasting time maybe someone else could do it! It tooks several days and many tests
(restarts of il2) to make and adjust this mod, so don't try to make the flames higher or bigger
because i tried many options and it made the flame unrealistics, it was only some advises.
Anyway good luck and enjoy your new mods.

http://static3.filefront.com/images/personal/s/stuka40/145706/oqxhuqrcgu.jpg

http://static3.filefront.com/images/personal/s/stuka40/145706/exqkbtxhbb.jpg

The explosion effect looks great in-game, pic cant give a good picture of it in action. :up:

Schroeder
08-16-08, 01:28 PM
Could you post some screenshots of the cockpits please? Are they just reworked better looking cockpits or do they have some other advantages too?
If they have advantages they are a no go for me.:roll:

Dowly
08-16-08, 01:45 PM
Could you post some screenshots of the cockpits please? Are they just reworked better looking cockpits or do they have some other advantages too?
If they have advantages they are a no go for me.:roll:

Just a reskins.

109G:
http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee274/Finnish_Ferret/109cockpit.jpg

190:
http://www.johnwallin.net/site/misc/fw190cockpit/6april/fwbeta1.jpg

Fincuan
08-16-08, 02:07 PM
Looks like Dowly was a bit faster :) Those pits put the default pits in shame. Especially the FW-190 pits are top notch :up:

As Dowly said those are just reskings, but there's also a separate mod that removes that bloody awful bar from 190s, and hence gives you a small advantage. I'm happily using it since that bar is most likely just Oleg's creation, completely non-historical.

ps. Dowly you've got a lovely girly there :up:

Schroeder
08-16-08, 02:20 PM
Looking good. :D
You have to tell me tonight where I can get them.:cool:

Kptlt. Neuerburg
08-16-08, 03:43 PM
Can anyone point me in the direction of some sound mods for IL-2 1946? I'm really tired of hearing the same old lawnmower sound that the game has.

Oberon
08-16-08, 04:39 PM
Can anyone point me in the direction of some sound mods for IL-2 1946? I'm really tired of hearing the same old lawnmower sound that the game has.

Google "IL2 mod" and take a look at perhaps the second option. That's pretty much all we can say. :)

Kptlt. Neuerburg
08-16-08, 05:08 PM
I have done that but the problem is that I have the 4.09 beta patch and all of the mods that I've found are for 4.08 and it changes the language to Russian for some reason. Any ideas?

Fincuan
08-16-08, 06:02 PM
Look at the mod site, your answers are there. Those are all known problems.

Schroeder
08-17-08, 11:23 AM
I fianally got the cockpits to work now (I guess my soundmod was a old version that didn't do the trick. I have now used a Il-2 modenabler.)
Although I only kept the 109 cockpits. I didn't like the 190 ones.
Unfortunately I can't get the gunsights to work... Maybe they really need a new version of the soundmod.:hmm:

Dowly
08-17-08, 11:50 AM
If you mean the more glowing reticles, dont feel down if you cant get them to work. I tried them and while they looked pretty cool, they were too bright for my taste. Especially on night missions. :yep:

Suicide Charlie
08-18-08, 12:06 AM
Anybody mind PM'ing me some links? I'm havign trouble finding some of those mods on said site.

Can't wait to try the sounds.

Task Force
08-18-08, 01:25 AM
Copy and paste this into google.

Il2 Mods

It should be the first in the list.;)

Suicide Charlie
08-18-08, 06:08 AM
Copy and paste this into google.

Il2 Mods

It should be the first in the list.;)

Oh no. I definitely did that and found the site. I'm just having trouble locating certain mods within said site. That's all. I'm really itching to get my hands on that tracer smoke mod and cannot find the damn thing.

Thank you for the PM's.

XabbaRus
08-18-08, 07:40 AM
OK we can discuss this within limitations. How do having these mods affect online play, specifically with respect to our online DCG campaigns. Some of the mods look intresting and don't seem like they are the kind to screw majorly with stuff and breaking it....

So like the ones Fin listed in the first page, can I have them and still fly with you guys or will I need a dual install?

Fincuan
08-18-08, 08:30 AM
So like the ones Fin listed in the first page, can I have them and still fly with you guys or will I need a dual install?

No problems at all, and even if there were you can always switch a modded installation to an unmodded one with a few clicks using the switcher available @ da mods site. Some mods might interfere with campaigns, but the ones I listed, and maybe 90% of mods in general, are mostly graphical enhancements that only affect the user.

Raptor1
08-18-08, 08:33 AM
I find the mod switcher rather unwieldy (It's just a bunch of self-extracting RARs), just use good old JSGME

Suicide Charlie
08-18-08, 07:57 PM
I find the mod switcher rather unwieldy (It's just a bunch of self-extracting RARs), just use good old JSGME

Sweet. I was hoping this would work.

Kratos
08-19-08, 07:23 AM
Done a dual install for the mods :p these frickin sound mods;) took a spit up in QMB added 4 flights of four blennies ( 1 flight armed) (3 unarmed) for testing purposes, out of the 16 aircraft guess what flight i decided to attack :rotfl: now the sound mod kicks in (bobwovhitsounds) fooooookin-ell . I thought i was in an old metal air-raid shelter and some twuts were throwing rocks at me :lol: had the head-phones on, not thinking how loud the volume was, and when the first shot hit me WHOOAAA what was the ********* was that :up:

Fincuan
08-19-08, 07:33 AM
when the first shot hit me WHOOAAA what was the ********* was that :up:

Hahaha :rotfl:

That's exactly what happened to me yesterday. I threw in the Bob hit sounds right before the evening's sorties, and on the seconds sortie an AI Hurri jumped me when I was engaging another Hurri. Concentrate, concentrate, aim carefully WOOOW, WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?! :lol:

That is one awesome sound!

joea
08-19-08, 08:54 AM
I must be the only one who hasn't even tried the mods.

The whole sound mod thing left me a bit sceptical cause it apparenlt doesn't really give you feedback on the state of your motor and it doesn't "sound" very realstic from what I have been reading...I mean in a cockpit with a headset even getting hit would not be that loud as much as the vibration I suppose.

XabbaRus
08-19-08, 09:23 AM
The guys have a Beaufighter XI, must play that.

Dowly
08-19-08, 09:45 AM
I must be the only one who hasn't even tried the mods.

The whole sound mod thing left me a bit sceptical cause it apparenlt doesn't really give you feedback on the state of your motor and it doesn't "sound" very realstic from what I have been reading...I mean in a cockpit with a headset even getting hit would not be that loud as much as the vibration I suppose.

Which version you tried? The soundmod is up to ver0.93 atm and you can install the SFX0.6 mod on top of it. Your engine gives a pretty recognisable "ticking" sound when it's damaged.

As for the realism, I honestly cant think of what the frack you've installed to say that! :D

The usual planes I fly (109, 190, Zero) sound pretty much identical to the vids I've seen/heard.

Schroeder
08-19-08, 11:11 AM
Well, how realistic is the stock sound?;):know:
I don't want to fly without the new sounds any more (although I'm using a pretty old mod). I was so fed up with flying lawn mowers and having weapons that sound like toy guns (especially the .50 cal was a bad joke).:nope:

BTW pilots could hear when they have been hit from what I know.

Kptlt. Neuerburg
08-19-08, 01:31 PM
Does anyone that uses the sound mod and has the 4.09b patch for IL-2 1946 and doesn't have any problems? Or can someone with some modding experince make a version of it that will work correctly with 4.09?

HunterICX
08-19-08, 02:49 PM
Does anyone that uses the sound mod and has the 4.09b patch for IL-2 1946 and doesn't have any problems? Or can someone with some modding experince make a version of it that will work correctly with 4.09?

these kind of requests should be asked over at the forum where you got the mods from.

HunterICX

joea
08-20-08, 11:16 AM
Well, how realistic is the stock sound?;):know:
I don't want to fly without the new sounds any more (although I'm using a pretty old mod). I was so fed up with flying lawn mowers and having weapons that sound like toy guns (especially the .50 cal was a bad joke).:nope:

BTW pilots could hear when they have been hit from what I know.

Never said stock was realistic, except for the feedback on the state of your motor. Does the sound mod do that?

Task Force
08-20-08, 01:10 PM
The stock motor sounds sounded like someone cutting there grass. I wonder why they havent tryed to get the sounds right yet?:hmm:

joea
08-20-08, 02:14 PM
Since no one understand what I mean, let me repeat does the sound mod let you know when your engine is damaged, overheated overrevved etc???

Dowly
08-20-08, 02:36 PM
Since no one understand what I mean, let me repeat does the sound mod let you know when your engine is damaged, overheated overrevved etc???

Yes, the 0.93 version I have gives pretty loud "ticking" sound when your engine is damaged.

Dowly
08-20-08, 02:37 PM
The stock motor sounds sounded like someone cutting there grass. I wonder why they havent tryed to get the sounds right yet?:hmm:

IIRC, I read from somewhere that Oleg didnt want to "borrow" any sounds, but make them from scratch. Tho, I still dont get how he could've focked up the Daimler-Benz which had very distinctive 'whine' to it on high RPM's.

FIREWALL
08-20-08, 02:40 PM
Are there any new offline campain or single missions available ?

Fincuan
08-20-08, 02:42 PM
Sure there are, and they don't require any mods or anything fancy. Start here: http://mission4today.com

FIREWALL
08-20-08, 03:07 PM
Sure there are, and they don't require any mods or anything fancy. Start here: http://mission4today.com

THX :up:

Suicide Charlie
08-21-08, 01:03 PM
I'm having a hell of a time getting any of these things to work. The one time I did get them to work everything was in Russian. I found what was supposed to be the fix, but either I did something wrong or it just didn't work. I ended up wiping everything.

The only thing I can get to work is the new aircraft that come with the Sound Mod. Not even the sounds work.

Dowly
08-21-08, 01:55 PM
I'm having a hell of a time getting any of these things to work. The one time I did get them to work everything was in Russian. I found what was supposed to be the fix, but either I did something wrong or it just didn't work. I ended up wiping everything.

The only thing I can get to work is the new aircraft that come with the Sound Mod. Not even the sounds work.

You're definitly doing something wrong. :yep:

As for the sounds, try altering the sound settings, that's usually the case with non-working sounds.

Suicide Charlie
08-21-08, 02:23 PM
I mean that I have sounds, but they just seem like the same old pea shooters and prolonged engine fart. Hmmm...

I'll have to sit down and go through the whole process again. It's kind of a pain, but I must have these!

Dowly
08-21-08, 02:26 PM
Just follow the instructions to the point, I did a clean soundmod install the other day and had no problems.

Kptlt. Neuerburg
08-21-08, 08:51 PM
I mean that I have sounds, but they just seem like the same old pea shooters and prolonged engine fart. Hmmm...

I'll have to sit down and go through the whole process again. It's kind of a pain, but I must have these! Well did you download all of the needed programs that you have to use to get the sound mod to work? If you did download the Mod Activator and install it. Then reinstall the sound mod and all of the other parts and reinstall the mod activator. Or look in your IL-2 file and find the IL-2FB.exe file and make sure the shortcut on your desktop is using that. If not open the properties for the shortcut and type in IL2fb.exe and then try it. If it works in the lower right of the splash screen it should read 4.08m Mods Enabled. Trust me Charlie I went through most of the same problems. If this won't fix it go to the site where the sound mod is and ask for help there.

Suicide Charlie
08-21-08, 09:27 PM

I'll have to sit down and go through the whole process again. It's kind of a pain, but I must have these! Well did you download all of the needed programs that you have to use to get the sound mod to work? If you did download the Mod Activator and install it. Then reinstall the sound mod and all of the other parts and reinstall the mod activator. Or look in your IL-2 file and find the IL-2FB.exe file and make sure the shortcut on your desktop is using that. If not open the properties for the shortcut and type in IL2fb.exe and then try it. If it works in the lower right of the splash screen it should read 4.08m Mods Enabled. Trust me Charlie I went through most of the same problems. If this won't fix it go to the site where the sound mod is and ask for help there.

Oh, I didn't even know it was supposed to say something next to the version number. That's a big help. The executable file might actually be the reason now that I think about it. I changed it for IL-2 Mat Manager.

Kptlt. Neuerburg
08-22-08, 12:22 AM
Just glad I can help. The biggest problem is that none of these mods really have any sort of readme files. That and they seem to be plagued with problems because of this. Maybe we should start to release are own mods here?

Dowly
08-23-08, 12:10 AM
!!BIG NEWS!!

DrJones, from the Theatre of War community has helped the IL2 community to finish off another very great tool! The 3D converter!! :rock: AFAIK, before, the making of a new plane was pretty much done by editing the .him file in notepad, as there was nothing to convert it to a format that could be read by any 3D programs. I think we'll going to see alot of new planes/ground stuff coming up! :up:

Kratos
08-23-08, 07:18 AM
good news indeed :up:

Dowly
08-23-08, 07:20 AM
:yep:

I see some exciting stuff happening soon. Few ppl have started modelling new cockpits from scratch and this tool might help them to actually put them in-game. :hmm:

Oh and much easier for screentshot artists to do their thing with high resolution renders, instead of needing to cut the plane out of an screenshot. :up:

XabbaRus
08-23-08, 05:06 PM
I hear rumour that a Lancaster is in the works.

I have downloaded the exporter but I need to reinstall 3ds MAX. Thing is a single aircraft is made of about 30 odd meshes. Can't find one that is a whole complete model.

Raptor1
08-23-08, 05:16 PM
I would like to see a Do 217

Might have to get better at modelling

Dowly
08-23-08, 05:16 PM
There isnt one whole model. Just load the Hier.him file to the converter, that converts all the meshes to one model. But still, it's a mess. There's close to 50 things per model, shadows, different damage models etc.

XabbaRus
08-24-08, 02:00 PM
I ma having no luck with the mods.

Installed the necessary files but no new planes appear though IL-2 still seems to work fine.

I have JSGME and enabled mods...

Fincuan
08-24-08, 02:03 PM
I'd say forget JSGME for now and see if it works following the instructions on that site to the letter. If it does, then add JSGME. It will work if you follow them.

Dowly
08-24-08, 02:39 PM
The Ferret Films presents; New particle build tracer contrails!
http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/ee274/Finnish_Ferret/?action=view&current=GuncamNewTracerSmokes.flv

Note: This is VERY EARLY version.

What it'll do? Well, it changes the tracer's contrails to use particles, instead of one streched line like now. It will replace all contrails that is possible, including ground/tank guns, that is something that cant be changed without making whole new guns. :-?

The contrail mod will propably come in two versions, low & high-end. With the first one using 256-512 particles, the latter 1024-2048 particles (the one in the video uses 256 particles). The contrails will also be of different sizes, depending of the weapon you are using.

As a bonus mod, if I can be arsed to, I'll change the tracers themselves to a slightly curved ones. Similar you see in some guncamera videos (yes, I know the curviness is a result of the camera shaking).

First version will propably be available tomorrow evening. :sunny:

Kratos
08-24-08, 02:44 PM
nice work Dowly :up:

does it alter the fps much?

XabbaRus
08-24-08, 04:28 PM
Fubared my IL-2 installation reinstalling tomorrow....

Now quick question. If I mod IL-2 and add some new planes...not sounds just planes. CAn I still fly on our nightly flights with no problems or is Hunter's server set up for no mods?

Morts
08-25-08, 07:49 AM
The Ferret Films presents; New particle build tracer contrails!
http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/ee274/Finnish_Ferret/?action=view&current=GuncamNewTracerSmokes.flv

Note: This is VERY EARLY version.

What it'll do? Well, it changes the tracer's contrails to use particles, instead of one streched line like now. It will replace all contrails that is possible, including ground/tank guns, that is something that cant be changed without making whole new guns. :-?

The contrail mod will propably come in two versions, low & high-end. With the first one using 256-512 particles, the latter 1024-2048 particles (the one in the video uses 256 particles). The contrails will also be of different sizes, depending of the weapon you are using.

As a bonus mod, if I can be arsed to, I'll change the tracers themselves to a slightly curved ones. Similar you see in some guncamera videos (yes, I know the curviness is a result of the camera shaking).

First version will propably be available tomorrow evening. :sunny:
that looks awesome:up:

Dowly
08-25-08, 09:26 AM

Who knows. :hmm: :D

Of course there's a hit to the fps when there's 250-2000 particles spawned almost instantly. :rotfl:But, the hit shouldnt be noticable, I mean, take smoke from a burning plane for example, it lasts longer and has the same amount of larger particles and there's no hit. :up:

Kratos
08-25-08, 09:33 AM

Who knows. :hmm: :D

Of course there's a hit to the fps when there's 250-2000 particles spawned almost instantly. :rotfl:But, the hit shouldnt be noticable, I mean, take smoke from a burning plane for example, it lasts longer and has the same amount of larger particles and there's no hit. :up:

Well hurry up and get it finished then :rotfl:

Dowly
08-25-08, 09:39 AM
But I have an problem. :-? From the very quick tests I made last night, it looks like the other weapons using contrails cant be made to use particles. I dont see any reason why they wouldnt work, but there's no contrails at all if I try the particle ones. :nope:

This only means one thing... I must try harder! :yep:

Kratos
08-25-08, 10:00 AM
wish i could help...but i know diddly squat about modding :-?

Dowly
08-25-08, 10:10 AM
Trust me, IL2 is modders nightmare. Something that works on one thing, doesnt work on the other. I just cant get the fricking contrails to work on, for example, the Spitfire. I've triple checked that every line is pointing to the right file etc. Heck, I even changed the material file for the Spits contrails to be the exact same as the 109s. There should be nothing to NOT make it work, yet there's no contrails. :damn:

Here's the 109s cannon contrail file:

[ClassInfo]
ClassName TParticlesSystemParams
[General]
MatName ../rocket/whitesmoke.mat
Color0 0.3 0.3 0.3 0.3
Color1 1.0 1.0 1.0 0.0
nParticles 256
FinishTime -1
TranspTransitionTime 0.4f
MaxR 0.0
PhiN 16.0
PsiN 16.0
LiveTime 0.5
EmitVelocity 100.0 120.0
EmitFrq 200.0
Wind 1.0
Size 0.6 1.0
GasResist 0.1
VertAccel 0.0
Rnd 0.5
EmitTheta 0.0 0.0
And here's the material file it uses:

[ClassInfo]
ClassName TMaterial
[General]
tfDoubleSide 0
tfShouldSort 1
tfGameTimer 1
tfDropShadow 0
[LightParams]
Ambient 1.00
Diffuse 1.00
Specular 0.0
SpecularPow 0
Shine 0.0
[Layer0]
TextureName TrailCurvedMkI.tga
PaletteName
Frame 0.0
VisibleDistanceNear 0.0
VisibleDistanceFar 10000.0
//TextureCoordScale 0.0 0.0 78.0 1.0
TextureCoordScale 0.0 0.0 16.0 1.0
ColorScale 1.0 1.0 1.0 1.0
tfWrapX 1
tfWrapY 1
tfMinLinear 1
tfMagLinear 1
tfMipMap 0
tfBlend 1
tfBlendAdd 0
tfTestA 1
tfTestZ 1
tfNoWriteZ 1
tfUpDateClear 0
tfModulate 1
tfNoTexture 0
tfAnimatePalette 0
tfAnimateSkippedFrames 1
tfImageResident 0
SubPictures 0
tfCompressMajorAlpha 1
tfNoCompress16Bit 1
tfNoCompressARB 1

The Spitfire's contrail & material file are 100% the same, there's no reason why the game wouldnt think the Spit's contrails as those of 109. :nope:

EDIT: Well, now I have the new contrails on: B109s (except the 109E and possibly F models, they use different guns) and the rest LW planes that use the same weapon, FW190, 110 etc. G.50 and the rest that uses the Italian peashooters.

Raptor1
08-25-08, 10:20 AM
EDIT: Well, now I have the new contrails on: B109s (except the 109E and possibly F models, they use different guns)

The Friedrichs use the MG 151s like the rest of the 109s, only the Emils have those aweful MG FFs

Dowly
08-25-08, 10:28 AM
EDIT: Well, now I have the new contrails on: B109s (except the 109E and possibly F models, they use different guns)
The Friedrichs use the MG 151s like the rest of the 109s, only the Emils have those aweful MG FFs

Rgr that.

Righto, I've tried everything I just could think of and the contrails wont show up. So, like someone from The Sopranos would say; forgetaboutit! :down:

Morts
08-25-08, 10:35 AM

i belive some of the early FW 190's have the MG FF's combined with the MG151

Fincuan
08-25-08, 10:35 AM
Looking good Ferret :up:

Is it ready for some beta-testing tonight?

Dowly
08-25-08, 10:38 AM
FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! What mushrooms did the devs eat while making the contrails?!

Just to recap, the MG151 and the Italian peashooters work by using the rocket's smoke.

The rest dont work using the rocket's smoke, BUT it ******* works if I use smoke that is used in burning planes! :damn:

WHAAAAATTTT THEEEEE FUUUSSSSSBALLLLLOOOOWWWW!?!!?!?!?!?! :doh:

There's NOTHING different in them files, except the burn smoke is black and bigger!

Dowly
08-25-08, 10:47 AM
PM me if ya want it. :hmm:

Morts
08-25-08, 12:40 PM
dowly, the trails seem to work just about fine on every 109, including the Emil and every weapon type i tested (109's only)

Dowly
08-25-08, 01:02 PM
Yup, they should all work now. Now, only thing left is tweaking some more & cleaning up the folders from all the unnessecary files. :yep:

Fincuan
08-25-08, 01:11 PM
cleaning up the folders from all the unnessecary files. :yep:

Just call it "Dowly's all included complete effect pack" and you'll be fine :lol:

I had to disable just about all my effect mods after running a file comparison between them and your mod

edit: Ahh the wonders of pop-up blockers. Just read your PM, new version installed :up:

Dowly
08-25-08, 01:16 PM
cleaning up the folders from all the unnessecary files. :yep:
Just call it "Dowly's all included complete effect pack" and you'll be fine :lol:

I had to disable just about all my effect mods after running a file comparison between them and your mod

Yeh, that's because there's quite a few un-needed files still included. Need to check them one by one to see what I can delete and what not.

But for the time being, you can first install my mod, then add the other effect mods to the same folder, overwriting the files they use. A dirty, but working fix. ;)

Dowly
08-26-08, 05:10 AM
I've been having a good look at most of the effects files and how they (atleast how I THINK) they work. Something that hit me, while I was looking at the muzzleflash files, was that in theory it should be possible to add animated explosions and such.

The fire works the same way, it's a string of 5-10 photos played one after another, making it animated.

So, basically even something made with FumeFX (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaG24xMQDYQ) might be possible to add to the game. Of course, it would be an simple side view photo, and I dont know how it would look like when looked from straight up. :hmm:

I prolly start experiencing with FumeFX, doing a new fire effect for burning buildings today. :hmm:

Raptor1
08-26-08, 05:19 AM
Is there a point to using FumeFX if what you need isn't 3D?

Dowly
08-26-08, 05:36 AM
Is there a point to using FumeFX if what you need isn't 3D?

Care to draw them fires & explosions for me then? :p

Raptor1
08-26-08, 05:37 AM
Oh, yeah, that makes sense :damn:

Been a while since I played around with particles...

XabbaRus
08-26-08, 08:17 AM

Now quick question. If I mod IL-2 and add some new planes...not sounds just planes. CAn I still fly on our nightly flights with no problems or is Hunter's server set up for no mods?

So can I?

Dowly
08-26-08, 08:26 AM

So can I?

Yes, you can fly on Hunter's server. But be careful not to install any new planes that replace the stock one, not sure how the server would cope with it.

Raptor1
08-26-08, 08:29 AM
If you just have mods that turn AI aircraft into flyables you should be fine, You will have problems only if you're installing new aircraft that use old aircraft slots

Dowly
08-26-08, 10:58 AM
Good news!

The animated stuff DOES work! I tested it by replacing the smoke that is left behind from flak, to a string of 7 fire tgas and it worked! :rock:

The great thing is that I can either make it loop or just play once! So this' ideal for explosion effects!

XabbaRus
08-26-08, 12:13 PM
ok so if I add the new Blenheim IX then it should be ok as it is a new aircraft slot.

Dowly
08-26-08, 12:23 PM
ok so if I add the new Blenheim IX then it should be ok as it is a new aircraft slot.

Yes.

onelifecrisis
08-26-08, 02:47 PM
For those who haven't been watching the 352nd VFG forums, I thought I'd let you know that they're talking about releasing their 1:1 BoB map in a couple of weeks. Also, check out these pics!

Normandy map vs BoB map:
http://www.352ndfg.com/images/CM-both.jpg

BoB map roads and railways:
http://www.352ndfg.com/images/map_t-08222008.jpg

This is going to be awesome. :D

Oberon
08-26-08, 03:19 PM
My god, I'm going to be able to fly over my old house!! :o

...heck, if that second map is to go by, I'm going to be able to fly over the house I live in now!

Only it won't exist because it wasn't built until the fifties...but anyway :D

XabbaRus
08-26-08, 04:40 PM
Yes.

OK cool

I have reinstalled IL-2 so will be online tomorrow for a game.

onelifecrisis
08-26-08, 06:00 PM
My god, I'm going to be able to fly over my old house!! :o

...heck, if that second map is to go by, I'm going to be able to fly over the house I live in now!

Only it won't exist because it wasn't built until the fifties...but anyway :D

Isn't it fricken awesome? Have you seen the screenshots? Like these...
http://7timechamp.com/Hanger3/images/Bodney_new/BOB_Dover1.jpg
http://7timechamp.com/Hanger3/images/Bodney_new/Dovercliff.jpg
http://7timechamp.com/Hanger3/images/Bodney_new/Debden.jpg
http://7timechamp.com/Hanger3/images/Bodney_new/Debden3.jpg
http://7timechamp.com/Hanger3/images/Bodney_new/Watton6.jpg
http://7timechamp.com/Hanger3/images/Bodney_new/Point_du_Hoc1.jpg

Task Force
08-26-08, 09:39 PM
I want it.:D

Kratos
08-27-08, 05:03 AM
http://forums.randi.org/images/smilies/christmas05/x.gifOH SO Pretty http://forums.randi.org/images/smilies/christmas05/x.gif

Them airbases wont look so pretty when they are full of craters from the luftwaffles :rotfl:

Task Force
08-27-08, 06:38 AM
:rotfl: Some of those craters are going to be in the shape of spitfires and huricanes.:rotfl:

Raptor1
08-27-08, 06:54 AM
Pfft, there will be no craters, so many bombs will be dropped that the place would become a valley

Anyway, looking forward to it too, some of the mod maps I've seen so far surpass the quality of the stock maps easily (With the possible exception of the Slovakia map)

XabbaRus
08-27-08, 07:42 AM
hOLY mOLE

Oberon
08-27-08, 10:11 AM
Sod that sunshines, if the Luftwaffles fly on this map I'll be bouncing you in Spits :up: That is just beautiful, stunning :up:

Mush Martin
08-27-08, 04:00 PM
I was thinking what would be cool is if someone could invent a way
to turn my flying boat into a water bomber and have a forest fire
effect, that would go out when I drop on it.

aside from some hypergenius type making a Martin Mars out of an H8K

:up:That would be cool.

onelifecrisis
08-30-08, 08:56 PM
Guys,

What are the Enjoyr patches? I've found Enjoyr's website, but his English is very broken indeed and I can't even work out what the patches do. I'm not even sure whether they count as "mods" or not but I'm posting in this thread to be on the safe side (and I'll not post any links for the same reason). I'm guessing you guys already know about these "patches"?

One of the patches seems to have something to do with skins, and is very large, and I hoped for a minute maybe it was some sort of mega skin pack... but if I'm reading the website right, that patch is only to be installed if you have addons like BoE (I have no addons, just 1946). There is another patch which is for DCG which I do use, but I've no idea what that patch does.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks.

Morts
08-31-08, 09:59 AM
some of the patches are just skins
4,5 or 6 of them are skins

XabbaRus
08-31-08, 01:37 PM
I don;t kno what his patches do...they aren't patches really....

XabbaRus
09-07-08, 09:10 AM
OK there is a single mod install making it easy. I'm downloading it now.

I think for our online stuff this should be the standard, what do you think Hunter?

Kratos
09-07-08, 09:19 AM
The single universal mod is an excellent mod, easy to install and you can switch between versions. Only gripe i got at the minute (and prolly my own doing) is in my marethline campaign,playing back the ntrk my custom skins are not showing :damn:

XabbaRus
09-07-08, 12:34 PM
I have it and wow is all I can say...he he he..

Kratos
09-07-08, 01:35 PM
And now i get a spit that starts up properly ;)

http://www.vimeo.com/1683430

XabbaRus
09-07-08, 04:27 PM
OK just flew the Arado-196 floatplane and it is very responsive and can be thrown around a bit. I think the real one was like that.

Best bit was I flew a C-47 and dropped paratroopers.....

Funniest was teh Blenheim...I could throw that round like a fighter. Didn't stall out, even got a tail slide going at low level and pulled out.....Definately need to think about the FMs do these guys. Now I can see why the AI can pull dumb maneauvers. If the AI could exploit the FM of the Blenheim they would kick our arses.

Anyone up for an online test?

Dowly
09-08-08, 03:58 AM

Would be cool to have the flames show up during the flight too, not as big obviously but just small ones. Geoffrey Wellum told in his book that it was pretty big problem during night sorties as it pretty much blinded the pilot if they happened to look at the flames. IIRC, they later on built somekind of metal plates or something on the exhaust pipes so the pilot couldnt see the flames from the cockpit.

Kratos
09-08-08, 06:27 AM

Would be cool to have the flames show up during the flight too, not as big obviously but just small ones. Geoffrey Wellum told in his book that it was pretty big problem during night sorties as it pretty much blinded the pilot if they happened to look at the flames. IIRC, they later on built somekind of metal plates or something on the exhaust pipes so the pilot couldnt see the flames from the cockpit.

Flying a night sortie with flames ! I'd be lit up like a xmas tree :lol:

HunterICX
09-08-08, 06:40 AM
whats the mod called?

Spitfire with Dirty spark plugs? :rotfl:

HunterICX

XabbaRus
09-09-08, 12:15 PM
Hunter come over to the darkside and install the unified installer and you'll have lots of fun...

XabbaRus
09-10-08, 10:54 AM
OK I see the mods group for IL-2 are doing planes. Well I want to do ships as some significant ones are missing.

What ships would you like to see in IL-2.

Some of the carriers are missing of all nations.

Maybe I'll do the graf zepplin...

Oberon
09-10-08, 11:24 AM
HMS Courageous would be cool if she's not there already :up:

Raptor1
09-10-08, 11:36 AM
Gneisenau!

HunterICX
09-10-08, 12:04 PM
I moved the Shiplist thread here, lets keep the discussion about mods in 1 thread.

Thanks,
HunterICX

XabbaRus
09-11-08, 03:09 PM
OK bomber FMs porked. I just took a Blenheim up against and average 109-e4 and managed to keep with it in a turn in fact I got close enough I could shoot it and my gunner was able to score good hit and we downed it.

Then I took up a D3B and thew it around the sky. I t handles well and is sluggish like a bomber should be but they can't be made to stall....I think if we play games with these we might need some rules such as no impossible moves that the plane in real life couldn't do.

HunterICX
11-09-08, 06:21 PM
NOTE:

for the new ALLIED CAMPAIGN.
all you need is the Unified Installer version 1.0
READ the instruction carefully on the AAA forums.

HunterICX

Fincuan
11-23-08, 09:49 PM
Now the modders at AAA have really done it: They've created a dedicated server for IL2 version 4.09b1m. Probably the best modding news so far :up:

Sledgehammer427
11-30-08, 08:39 PM
I got the AAA expansion thing, that converts your game to 4.09...yeah, well...al of my dynamic things (campaigns, and their descriptions) are in RUSSIAN!:dead: :damn:
where in gods name can I find my language setup so i can read my mission orders

baggygreen
11-30-08, 10:58 PM
if you do a search through their forums, there is a fix for this. You overwrite the DGen folder and it will work nicely for you.

HunterICX
12-01-08, 03:46 AM
Moved the posts into the proper thread for this, also I would like to note this isnt really the place for MODs support for that you will have to ask over at the AAA forums.

HunterICX

XabbaRus
12-01-08, 05:45 AM
Aye but the attitude of quite a few over there sucks....

Task Force
12-01-08, 03:43 PM
I got the AAA expansion thing, that converts your game to 4.09...yeah, well...al of my dynamic things (campaigns, and their descriptions) are in RUSSIAN!:dead: :damn:
where in gods name can I find my language setup so i can read my mission orders

Did you get your russian issue fixed, I can Pm you a link.:up: I know there fourms can kind of be confuseing.

Sledgehammer427
12-01-08, 05:42 PM
well I need that language fix before I oull my hair out... i can't find anything over at AAA

link please?

Sledgehammer427
12-01-08, 07:28 PM
Thank you taskforce!

TarJak
12-01-08, 08:38 PM
Could you PM me the same link please?

Dowly
12-02-08, 11:12 AM
Right, time to start fiddling with modding again. This time, the visual damage model of the 109E. I'm planning on doing it from a scratch (tho, there is few limitations AFAIK, for example the "real" holes on the model cant be changed. Not 100% tho, need to test).

Will post pics when I have something to show. :up:

Fincuan
12-02-08, 02:07 PM
How about your smoketrail mod Dowly, finished already? I'm still using the version you posted me a couple of months back, works and looks ok for me :up:

Dowly
12-02-08, 02:09 PM
How about your smoketrail mod Dowly, finished already? I'm still using the version you posted me a couple of months back, works and looks ok for me :up:

I kinda lost it. :p And tbh, I didnt make anything to it after the version I posted to you IIRC.

XabbaRus
12-16-08, 11:05 AM
Rant, there are some ******* over at AAA. Just asked a simple question and got jumped on.

Fincuan
12-16-08, 03:13 PM
Took you this long to notice? :lol:

There are some jerks at every forum, although I must admit there seems to be quite a lot of them at AAA. To their credit the others didn't like that one guy's answer much either.

Task Force
12-16-08, 04:03 PM
what was his awnser???:hmm:

XabbaRus
12-16-08, 04:24 PM
One of the guys came back saying the guy who made the initial reply to my post was an arse...

Dowly
12-17-08, 04:01 PM
I must admit there seems to be quite a lot of them at AAA.

They prolly Finns. We Finn gamers have VERY bad manners in Finn only forums. America's elitism is nothing compared to what you see on those boards. :yep:

Fincuan
12-17-08, 04:14 PM
You're partly right about that. Reading a few Finns' posts at AAA I'm thinking "Please, PLEEEEEEASE take that nationality out of your profile/sig/everything else" :lol:

Task Force
12-18-08, 04:46 PM
And thats why I dont post over there. lol:lol:

Otto_Weddigen
12-26-08, 03:17 PM
I downloaded a mod where I made the BF110-C4B,HS129,JU52,Ju88 and etc flyable

BF110-C4B is useless,it gets caught up by I-16,LAGG,YAK and LA5

Schroeder
12-26-08, 03:30 PM
I think same goes for the normal 110G-2, doesn't it?;)

AI is always faster than a plane with a human pilot.

Task Force
12-26-08, 04:16 PM
Yea, Oleg gave the AI superpowers.

Dowly
12-26-08, 04:22 PM
Yea, Oleg gave the AI superpowers.

More like giving them the ability to have their planes perfectly trimmed and managed 100% of the time.

Task Force
12-26-08, 04:32 PM
Yea, I had to keep up with 3 other P51s with 1000lb bombs on them, I had to run at 110% for alot of the flight just to keep up.:yep:

XabbaRus
12-26-08, 05:55 PM
Thing is AAA won't change the flight models at all. They won't even correct weapons loadouts for existing units...

A bit daft making many planes flyable but then not doing anything about the FM to make it believable.

Take a Blenheim for a spin and throw it around the sky. You cannot spin it, stall it or go out of control.

Dowly
12-26-08, 07:33 PM
Thing is AAA won't change the flight models at all. They won't even correct weapons loadouts for existing units...

A bit daft making many planes flyable but then not doing anything about the FM to make it believable.

Take a Blenheim for a spin and throw it around the sky. You cannot spin it, stall it or go out of control.

Of course they wont. A server that allows mods would make it possible for someone to have a realistic FM mod installed, while the others would still have the stock FM. Same goes for weapon loadouts. That's the simple reason why new FM/DM/WL are allowed only on planes that use new slot.

Task Force
12-26-08, 07:37 PM
yea, dose anyone here use that mod that, err how to explain this without getting in trouble. Makes the fire come up in intervals (thinking of a way to explain this)

Dowly
12-26-08, 07:41 PM
yea, dose anyone here use that mod that, err how to explain this without getting in trouble. Makes the fire come up in intervals (thinking of a way to explain this)

This one?
http://www.gigaimage.com/images/wmxhlghnqmlj6u0pmcgf.gif

Task Force
12-26-08, 07:42 PM
yes, that`s it.:yep: It works pretty good, does what it says.

Dowly
12-26-08, 07:47 PM
Yup, tho I need to get around and make the flames smaller. It's almost twice the lenght of an normal fighter now.

Task Force
12-26-08, 07:51 PM
I noticed, they are alittle long. (whats your name over there.)

Dowly
12-26-08, 07:57 PM
Dowly

Task Force
12-26-08, 07:59 PM
Should have figured.:rotfl:My stupid a** spelled my name wrong when restringing.

Kptlt. Neuerburg
12-27-08, 03:02 AM
I found an interseting mod over at the AAA fourms called, PAT smoke and camera mod. Made for the Polish Aerobatic Team it offers some very intersing camera views that have great filming possiblitys and the smoke replaces the default wingtip smoke with smoke from just behind the plane(except for multi engined planes).:up: Check the AAA fourms beta download section for more info.

Task Force
12-27-08, 03:25 AM
Yea, looks to be a vary interesting mod.:yep:

Dowly
12-27-08, 06:05 AM
Still havent tried the camera mod, it's on my to-do list. ;) What comes to the PAT smoke, the community had to outright beg for it for months, so just for that, I aint touching that. :nope:

XabbaRus
01-05-09, 07:57 AM
**NO LINKS!**

HunterICX

Now this will really make me happy once it is in the sim.

One of the most underrated and underdeveloped planes of the war.

Oh if it only had had 2 merlins..

HunterICX
01-05-09, 02:58 PM
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=140416

-We still will not aprove links towards the mods on this forum, also instructions on how to use them and implement them will not be posted.

HunterICX

XabbaRus
01-06-09, 10:43 AM
OK at a certain place a certain person is make a Westland Whirlwind that is almost complete...:rock:

Probable even better news than having a Lancaster bomber.

Dowly
01-06-09, 10:49 AM
The IL2's modding is starting to look alot like SHIII's. Everyday there's something new and exciting that I though couldnt be done. :rock:

Especially like the animated oil blotch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1SIyP4Q6Ng

mengle
01-06-09, 11:13 AM
The IL2's modding is starting to look alot like SHIII's. Everyday there's something new and exciting that I though couldnt be done. :rock:

Especially like the animated oil blotch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1SIyP4Q6Ng

Dowly i was wondering, do you have also mods made? what is your nickname on the AAA site i never see you there:hmm:

Dowly
01-06-09, 11:16 AM
I did test few smoke & fire mods aswell a new tracer contrail mod. Never uploaded them to AAA nor prolly never will. And the nick is Dowly, but I hardly ever post there.

Here's a video of the new tracer contrails:

EDIT: Fincuan, if you still have the tracer smoke mod, could you PM it to me? I've lost it.

FIREWALL
01-06-09, 01:48 PM
Someone here had a link for AVG Flying Tigers mod or campain.

When I went to dual boot I forgot to burn it to cd. :damn:

I was just getting into it when I did this bonehead thing without thinking.:damn: :damn: :damn:

Dowly
01-06-09, 01:56 PM
This one?
http://mission4today.com/index.php?name=Downloads&file=details&id=1855

XabbaRus
01-22-09, 05:22 AM
OK there are WWI planes being made for IL-2.

It is nicknamed Over Oleg's Fields. The models look really good......

Hunter, if I take the picture can I post it here instead of linking to that site?

HunterICX
01-22-09, 05:26 AM
OK there are WWI planes being made for IL-2.

It is nicknamed Over Oleg's Fields. The models look really good......

Hunter, if I take the picture can I post it here instead of linking to that site?
Yes, you are allowed to show it off in screenshots or videos, so go ahead.
WW1 aircraft :hmm: sounds like fun

HunterICX

XabbaRus
01-22-09, 06:02 AM
OK here is the Albatross. I think this could work quite well in IL-2...

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g56/BMCKent/AlbatrosearlyWIPannouncement-1.jpg

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g56/BMCKent/albatrosearlyWIPannouncement2-1.jpg

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g56/BMCKent/albatrosearlyWIPannouncement1-1.jpg

XabbaRus
01-22-09, 02:03 PM
aw no one has ANYTHING to say about this?

Fincuan
01-22-09, 02:34 PM
WW1 is not very high on my list of interests, but at least the name "Over Oleg's Fields" is funny :lol:

No doubt I'll give that a try if it's released

Dowly
01-22-09, 02:41 PM

Well, I'm with Fin on this one, not really interested in WWI.

HunterICX
01-22-09, 03:42 PM
We'll see when it is released, hopefully they include quiet the selection of ww1 aircraft so we can have a weekend fun with them in a Dogfight.
Bi-plane dogfights are the best imo.

HunterICX

XabbaRus
01-22-09, 04:26 PM
Especially as you need tog et realy close. Hopefully they will model the FMs well and the weapons...

Task Force
01-22-09, 05:02 PM
OOooo.... I love the dogfights with bi planes.:yep:

XabbaRus
01-24-09, 04:04 PM
There is an AI mod from the place which I am downloading and will try.

I'll report on it and let you know if it is worth getting.

mengle
01-24-09, 04:13 PM

The AI V.15 ?? yesterday i dll the V.14 and now there is a new one those guys going fast:)

FIREWALL
01-24-09, 05:22 PM

One picture is worth a thousand words :p

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/8695/pictureuy6.jpg

Fincuan
01-24-09, 07:39 PM

We've been using that in the Leningrad campaign for the last couple of sorties, but I haven't had enough combat to say if it makes a huge difference. The general feeling was that the AI did indeed do less of that "15-barrel rolls whoppee"-thingy and tried more scissors and break turns.

Kptlt. Neuerburg
01-24-09, 09:15 PM
I've tryed the AI mod and I like it. I was tired of having the AI just doing barrel rolls, that mod makes the campaign I'm flying a lot harder that what it was, plus using IL-2 Stab to remove the "aircraft nametags" then you get the where'd you go factor too:hmm: .

XabbaRus
01-25-09, 05:30 AM
Fin. Hunter never said he had that installed. I assume all people have to be using it or it could have weird results or not maybe?

what are the aircraft nametag things? You mena the icons. You can turn that off in difficulty.

AI mod is now up toV.16

HunterICX
01-25-09, 08:45 AM
Fin. Hunter never said he had that installed. I assume all people have to be using it or it could have weird results or not maybe?

what are the aircraft nametag things? You mena the icons. You can turn that off in difficulty.

AI mod is now up toV.16

The AI mod is server-side

HunterICX

Kptlt. Neuerburg
01-25-09, 12:29 PM

AI mod is now up toV.16 Basicly I meant the icons, but I didn't know you could turn it off in difficulty.

porphy
01-25-09, 12:43 PM
Hi people

Recently I got my IL2 Sturmovik 1946 installed again (runs nice under windows 7, but only with directX). I also installed the Unified mod, and now the AI mod. It feels good to do some fixed wing flying after a few weeks with the Black Shark that made life in the sky a bit more complicated. All the mods make the good old sim shine again!

Anyway, I thought the unified mod contained new skins as well, but I can't really see any new ones in the Quick combat generator. And when looking in the Mods folder there is an inferno of skin folders... what is the easiest way to get nice skins installed? And to get them as default choices?

cheers Porphy

mengle
01-25-09, 01:45 PM
Hi people

Recently I got my IL2 Sturmovik 1946 installed again (runs nice under windows 7, but only with directX). I also installed the Unified mod, and now the AI mod. It feels good to do some fixed wing flying after a few weeks with the Black Shark that made life in the sky a bit more complicated. All the mods make the good old sim shine again!

Anyway, I thought the unified mod contained new skins as well, but I can't really see any new ones in the Quick combat generator. And when looking in the Mods folder there is an inferno of skin folders... what is the easiest way to get nice skins installed? And to get them as default choices?

cheers Porphy

USING THE SKIN MOD:

How to make a new default skin?:

I assume that most IL-2 fans got a large collection of skin already installed,
so finding new defaults wont be a problem.

First, make sure, that in conf.ini parameter "ClearCache=0" is in the [game] section,
then launch the game and run QMB with the choosen skin.
For a summer Bf-109F4 skin you need the following files, which will be
automatically generated once you viewed a skin in the QMB, on the arming screen:

-skin1o.tgb 1024*1024
-skin1o.tga 512*512
-skin1p.tga 256*256
-skin1q.tga 32*32

These are different resolutions of the same skin, being switched when view distance is changed.
:up:

TheBrauerHour
01-26-09, 10:11 PM
Question:

I just installed IL1946 and am looking for the "must haves". Can someone guide me (by PM if need be) to a link of the soundmod you all like?

TheBrauerHour
01-26-09, 10:19 PM

6 DOF Tracker version
Avala's planeshine mod

This is the post I am referring to. Is this the current "must have" mods still?

I am looking for a link (by PM) to the cloud and sound mods...

Fincuan
01-26-09, 11:34 PM
That post is a bit outdated, but I've got an easy alternative for you:

Google

AAA+unified installer

and select the first result that turns up. That should lead you to the AAA Unified Installer version 1(with 1.1 coming out soon), which is the easiest option to start with. Pretty much all of the must-haves are included there, and what isn't can easily be added(AI mod, I'm looking at you!). We also use that in our Subsim flightnights.

I recommend you make a copy of your IL2 4.08 installation and use that to play with mods. That way, should you mess up, you can simply delete the non-working installation and make another copy of your intact, original installation and continue to play. Just plain copy+paste+rename of the IL2 folder works for that, and you can make as many copies as your hd-space allows. I've got three: One with a completely custom compilation of mods, one with Unified Installer and one with JG53 Modpack. On top of that I've got an IL2 4.08 installation packed up and burned on a DVD.

Dowly
01-27-09, 08:25 AM
No need to copy the entire folder, you only need to backup two files. The stock il2fb.exe and the stock files.sfs. As if those two files are copied back, the game wont recognise the mod or the files folder that the mods use.

Task Force
01-27-09, 03:15 PM
Hey dowly there is a mod over at the site that gets rid of that smoke that was killing are fps yesterday. (or so Ive read.):yep: I wonder if the fire mod will work with this.:hmm:

Dowly
01-27-09, 03:25 PM
Hey dowly there is a mod over at the site that gets rid of that smoke that was killing are fps yesterday. (or so Ive read.):yep: I wonder if the fire mod will work with this.:hmm:

Yeh, I know. The JG53 pack has a cool ground smoke in it. Need to see if it is compatible with the rest of the smokes as I dont want to lose them.

Task Force
01-27-09, 04:02 PM
Yea, I often just mix the effects (make my own.) for ex. added the fire mod to the smoke mod. now I have the best of both worlds.:yep:

And I just got widescreen to work, il2 looks great.

mengle
01-27-09, 04:28 PM
Yea, I often just mix the effects (make my own.) for ex. added the fire mod to the smoke mod. now I have the best of both worlds.:yep:

will you post a screen of your smoke planes, this is a screen of my game, don't know anymore what mods i have used
http://static3.filefront.com/images/personal/m/menglee/137716/tliynjokcg.jpg

Task Force
01-27-09, 05:08 PM
Uah oah, I think i F*c*e* up Il2. Ju 88s dont fly with 1 wing.:o got a pic.
http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/834/uahoahjz3.jpg (http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/834/uahoahjz3.jpg)
The AC acted as if it had 2 though, when I hit the ground with my left wing, then it acted like it lost it.
(I think its the smoke mod... gonna try the old one I was using.)

Task Force
01-27-09, 06:32 PM

will you post a screen of your smoke planes, this is a screen of my game, don't know anymore what mods i have used
http://static3.filefront.com/images/personal/m/menglee/137716/tliynjokcg.jpg http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/1769/fuelleakjm2.jpg (http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/1769/fuelleakjm2.jpg)http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/4439/badmotorlc0.jpg (http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/4439/badmotorlc0.jpg)
In the mod I use.

porphy
02-01-09, 06:49 AM
The unified AAA mod installer 1.1 is out. Go and grab it at the "not to be linked to" site.... or was that the SimHq rule... :88)

cheers Porphy

TheBrauerHour
02-01-09, 12:27 PM
Well I just recently installed 1.0 and love the ME410 and the other flyable planes. Looking forward to all that 1.1 brings.

Fincuan
02-01-09, 01:44 PM
Thanks for the heads up porphy, and unfortunately you're correct about linking to AAA.

Pretty big pita trying to download UI1.1 currently. Main download + one mirror == inadequate. Everyone rushing to get it :haha:

Orion2012
02-01-09, 01:50 PM
Thanks for the heads up porphy, and unfortunately you're correct about linking to AAA.

Pretty big pita trying to download UI1.1 currently. Main download + one mirror == inadequate. Everyone rushing to get it :haha:

No Joke. Site slower then my grandmother today. I can wait a few more days till the bandwidth is more feasable.

Kratos
02-01-09, 02:01 PM
no probs here ..coming down nicely ;). yea there getting hammered, 15 mins average per file, bit slower than my normal.... but its getting there:yeah:

BIG EDIT should have looked at the files coming down http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/5037/newshy222ul3.gif there not all completing,falling short of the specified size
http://imgcash3.imageshack.us/img240/9117/pointingqq8.gif

porphy
02-01-09, 02:29 PM
no probs here ..coming down nicely ;). yea there getting hammered, 15 mins average per file, bit slower than my normal.... but its getting there:yeah:

BIG EDIT should have looked at the files coming down http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/5037/newshy222ul3.gif there not all completing,falling short of the specified size
http://imgcash3.imageshack.us/img240/9117/pointingqq8.gif

Yep, took me a few good tries to get the whole of the stubborn part 4 :damn: But now all parts are fully downloaded. :yep:
Hope you guys have yours soon.

Cheers Porphy

XabbaRus
02-02-09, 10:25 AM
I can't get any. Only half files are coming down even at work.

I know it is a big ask but could someone upload them to rapidshare..I'll understand if it is a no....

The mirrors don't even work....

HunterICX
02-02-09, 11:21 AM
I really hope 1.1 and 1.0 aren't going to give compability issues
because I stick to 1.0 till everyone has it and I'm not going to wait for some piss slow mirror to complete the Download, so I wait till the hype is over and the mirrors are at better speeds (and perhaps more mirrors)

HunterICX

Fincuan
02-02-09, 11:34 AM
Probably won't be a problem, but we'll see. The only things I can think of is new flyables and new static objects, but I'm quite sure 1.1 has all 1.0 has and more.

Remember that before you started with mods several of us were running them on your server no problems. :yeah:

edit: I finally got 1.1 btw. One file at a time and not doing much other surfing while downloading proved to be a good strategy. Now there's also a torrent available, link in the UI1.1 thread at AAA.

XabbaRus
02-02-09, 01:42 PM
What are the new playables?

XabbaRus
02-03-09, 07:37 AM
Could someone PM me the torrent link as the site is down and can't be accessed at all.

porphy
02-03-09, 10:12 AM
Check your PM Xabba, should be there.

Cheers Porphy

XabbaRus
02-03-09, 02:14 PM
Cheers still not that fast with the bit torrent.

One thing though, is there a way of stopping uploading or is that the thing with the torrent what you download is immediately available for others to take? Was just wondering if that would gain me any speed.

porphy
02-03-09, 02:51 PM
Cheers still not that fast with the bit torrent.

One thing though, is there a way of stopping uploading or is that the thing with the torrent what you download is immediately available for others to take? Was just wondering if that would gain me any speed.

As far as I know you can't disable uploads. That would potentially disrupt the whole idea with file sharing through torrents.

You can restrict your upload, but I also think this somewhat affects your own downloading speed. I have found that a upload speed of 70 kb/s gives me good results. You have to try that out and see what works best with your connections' capacity, that is if you have full duplex (same capacity up and down). Just keep it ticking away, as more people join in and seeders stay online, speed should pick up.

If you can access the "not to be named site" with a download manager that use the function resume download, this could solve the problem with disconnected downloads. But the server feeding the files must support this function, as I understand it.

cheers Porphy

XabbaRus
02-03-09, 04:18 PM
With bittorrent I am assuming I can pause a download and close for the night and resume in the morning.

porphy
02-03-09, 04:25 PM
With bittorrent I am assuming I can pause a download and close for the night and resume in the morning.

Yes, no problem at all.

Task Force
02-03-09, 07:13 PM
Think il stick with 1.0.:yep:

Kratos
02-03-09, 07:46 PM
got the sod now :03: was using f/fox and totaly forgot about getright :damn: loaded em up and bingo..no probs :up:

TheBrauerHour
02-03-09, 11:06 PM
I have it now as well. I thought it interesting that they included a B29 that drops nukes.

Also, the White Sun Blue Sky campaign is really turning out great.

XabbaRus
02-04-09, 03:01 AM
I'm using bittorrent and still haven't got it yet.

Raptor1
02-04-09, 05:46 AM
I managed to get it just fine without BT a couple of hours ago

XabbaRus
02-05-09, 06:47 AM
Oh they are getting a bit pissy about the torrent over at that site.

I can't see what their problem is. Banning people for seeding the mod.

Smacks of toys and prams here.

Fincuan
02-05-09, 11:48 AM
Lol yeah I just read that post :haha:

If they had arranged proper download servers from the beginning there would have been no need for a torrent. As it stands now the new UI was extremely hard to download succesfully for several days after the release. Then again it wouldn't have been a bad idea to set up their own torrent right from the beginning.

XabbaRus
02-05-09, 01:09 PM
I don't want to risk getting banned so I won't ask questions. They do seem a bit dictatorial if not childish with some things.

Anything O/T will get deleted and it seems very easy to get banned.

porphy
02-05-09, 01:13 PM
I simply use it as a mod info and download site, not a forum worth spending much time in. Their torrent statement confirms that feeling. :yep:

Fincuan
02-05-09, 02:25 PM
+1

My impression on the place is exactly the same as yours.

Dowly
02-05-09, 03:07 PM
Same here, only use it to download mods. I think I've posted max. 5 posts all questions regarding modding.:salute:

XabbaRus
02-05-09, 03:12 PM
I posted with an interest to modding some new units like buildings and vehicles. Not very helpful.

They have this daft policy regarding the FMs of existing planes hta have been made playable. They won't tweak them even if they are unflyable the Kate springs to mind.

XabbaRus
02-22-09, 02:24 PM
Does anyone know why they are so anal on the policy of not tweaking FMs for existing planes, they are afterall the de facto mod it could be done with no problems.

Dowly
02-22-09, 11:07 PM
Does anyone know why they are so anal on the policy of not tweaking FMs for existing planes, they are afterall the de facto mod it could be done with no problems.

Because the tweaked FM can be used on an online server.

Tikigod
02-23-09, 01:13 AM
I've been running a supermod pack for IL2 that's pretty good:

IL2 Ultr@PAck Version 1.6 Release Date: 13-01-2009

Main web-page:
Back-up:

Ultimate Sound Mod by Tiger_33 & Jafa's sound-mod:

All new engine & weapon sounds + new flyable planes included now with cockpits (not authentic cockpits) ....

New Flyables.. formerly controlled by AI
P-36A-3
P-36A-4
Fi-156
U-2VS
Me-210Ca-1
Me-210Ca-1ZSTR
Hs-129B-2
Hs-129B-3_Wa
MS406
MS410
MS-Morko
Bf-110C-4B
N1K1-J
N1K1-Ja

AAA AIRCRAFT MOD PACK Version 2.6 for IL-2 1946

A5M4
AR-196A3
B17D
B17E
B17F
B17G v6.3 *UPDATE*
B24J-100-CF
B25C25
B25G1
B25H1
B29
B5N2-KATE
B6N2-JILL
BF-110-C4
BF-110-C4B
BLENHEIM-1
BLENHEIM-4
C47
DB_3B
DB_3F
DB_3M
DB_3T
FW-189_A-2
FW-200_C3U4
G11
G4M2E_and_MXY-7
Gladiator_Mk1
Gladiator_MkII
H8K1
IL4
Ju-52-3mg
KI-21-I-Sally
KI-21-II-Sally
Ki-46-Otsu
Ki-46-OtsuHei
Ki-46-Recce
L2D
LI2
MACCHI_200_1
MACCHI_200_7_AND_7FB
MACCHI_202
MBR-2AM34
ME-321
ME-323
Mosquito_MkIV
Neman_R-10
PBN-1
PE8
SB_2M-100A
SB_2M-103
SU_2
TU_2S
U2VS

All with Cockpits, Bombsights & Gunners (where applicable).

New aircraft (not formerly AI)

Allies:

American:

B29 Silverplate by AAA. (I've added it only for on-line compatibility. This plane is pretty much without

interest for serious on-line usage such as on-line wars).

TBM-1 Avenger, 1942 = Early version with Unreliable Mk 13 Torpedo. New Cockpit, Working Bombsight & authentic

Topgunner position. By (Josse, Maraz, Gitano & Char Aznable.)

F4U-2 & F4U-5N by Ranwers & Chameleon @ Avia Skins.

British:

Beaufighter MkI with Hercules III engines by (Chap)

SeaHurricane by (Chap)

Hurricane MK1b.A 100 octane variant and Spit MKI boost by Chap

Hurricane tropical versions by GCT_Veltro

Hurricane IIa, 1940 = 8 machinegun version of Hurricane II, slightly better flight characteristics than b as a

result by Chameleon

Spitfire Va, 1941 = Early 8 machinegun version of Spitfire V by Chameleon

Seafire MKII and MKII LF by Veltro & Gitano

Spitfire MkVc FB CLF & CLF CLP and MKVIIIFB and VIIICLPFB.( Veltro & Gitano).

Seafire 1b by GCT_Veltro

Spitfire MkXII early and late (Griffon Engine) by uf_josse.

Tempest 11lb and 13lb boost variants by UF_Josse (Engine model & Load outs) & Hunnin (FM).

Spitfire MK1 by PeaceLovinHippy (Class file editing, Him file edit & mesh hack)
Zeppo (Skin) Hunin (Flight Model) Vpmedia (Skin Pack) AAA Team (Research)

Mosquito Mk B XVI by PeaceLovinHippy (Class file editing, Him file edit & mesh hack) Zeppo (Skin) Hunin (Flight

Model) Vpmedia (Skin Pack) AAA Team (Research)

Bristol Beaufighter Mk.X by by PeaceLovinHippy (Class file editing, Him file edit & mesh hack) Zeppo (Skin)

Hunin (Flight Model) Vpmedia (Skin Pack) AAA Team (Research)

TYPHOON by Ranwers (3dmodel) & Chameleon (New Slot-Class edit).

Tigermoth by Ranwers and Chaps (new slot)

BlenheimIf by AAA.

French:

H75A2, by uf_josse

Curtiss Mohawk IV by uf_josse

Polish:

RWD8 by Rawners

P_24b, e, f, g by Ranwers.

Soviet planes:

I-153 with 2 BS 12.7mm/.50" MG, at Aviaskins site

I-153 with 2 SHKAS 7.62/.330" and 1 BS 12.7mm/.50" MG, at Aviaskins site

I-15 M-22, 1934 & I-15 M-25, 1937 = Early fixed wheeled I15's. (Blitz)

I-16 Type 5, 1935, I-16 Type 10, 1937, I-16 Type 17, 1938, I-16 Type 18 (2xBS), 1939, I-16 Type 27, 1939,
I-16 Type 28, 1939 = 6 more Polikarpov variants. (Blitz)

Yak-1 PF, 1942 = Yak-1 produced with M-105PF engine from spring 1942. Production ended winter 1942/43 by

Chameleon

Yak-1 PF Light, 1942 = Special light modification of Yak-1 PF. Weight is reduced by 173 kgs, by removing

machineguns/radio etc. Produced 20 aircrafts. 520 and 512 IAPs equipped in the summer of 1942 by Chameleon

Yak-1B early, 1942 = first modification of Yak-1B produced in autumn 1942. Poor flying parameters in Comparison

with Yak-1B (late, in game) by Chameleon

Yak-9M early, 1944 = first Yak-9M(winter-spring 1944) equipped with M-105PF engine. (In game Yak-9M -
latest, has M-105PF2 engine.) by Chameleon

Yak-9U early, 1944 = first Yak-9U's equipped with M-105PF2 engines because of shortfall in M-107 engine

Production. By Chameleon

Lagg Series 1, 1941 = First production run Lagg without Rocket Load outs by BY_Rudy

Lagg Series 11, 1941 = Lagg with Load out options with Nose VYa-23Cannon by BY_Rudy

La-5F early, 1942 = Early La-5F with M-82F engine. By Chameleon

Yak-9DD, 1944 = Yak-9DD long-range version of Yak. range ~2200 km, used for escort of long-range bombers, for

example allied B-17 shuttle raids. Production 400 aircraft. By Chameleon

MiG-3 field mod, 1941 = MiG-3 (1941) with wings of first series and shifted blister by Chameleon.

Yak 3N Naval by Chaps

Axis Planes:

German:

FW190 A2 by uf_josse.

Bf-109F-1 with 1 MG-FF and 2 MG-17, at Aviaskins site

Fw-190A-5U14, torpedo-jager;), at Aviaskins site

Bf-109 Jabos V1.1 by 1SMV_Gitano

Bf109's G4 & G2t,G4t & G6t (tropical) versions. (Ranwars:- Tropical filter) (GCT_Veltro aircraft classes &

load outs) (Hunn-in-the-Sun G4 modifications) (Chap, all holes solved integration)

Ju88A4 Torpedo variant.
( 6S.Maraz - reworked meshes and main 3D stuff:- _1SMV_Gitano - new slot, FM, cockpits, char_aznable - hier.him

editing, new default skin )

FW-190 G8. This version can carry a 1000KG bomb. By Chameleon.

Bf-109G-10 orig, 1944 = Gustav-10 with correct weapons (no MK108 by default) and standard cannon

MG-151/20.(Chameleon) (made compatible with All Holes Solved (Hunn in the Sun), Chap)

Bf-109G-14 orig, 1944 = Gustav-14 with correct weapons (no MK108 by default) and standard cannon

MG-151/20.(Chameleon) (made compatible with All Holes Solved (Hunn in the Sun), Chap)

***NOTE***
Both Bf-109G-14 orig & Bf-109G-10 orig planes do not offer anything more than an option for MG-151/20

cannon(than the default MK-108). I know that in the stock BF's 10G&14G there is also the option for MG-151/20

cannon. I only added them for compatibility so if someone selects any of them you will be able to see it.(and

not some ghost-plane)

He-111H-16, 1943 = Later version of Heinkel with improved load out options,Jumo211 F2 engine and improved Mg

armament. (this is actually the aircraft from which the stock H6 incorrectly takes most of its load out

options.) By BY_Rudy

He-111H-21, 1944 = Later version of Heinkel with Jumo213 E1 engine with MW50. Final large production run, 600

produced. This variant actually has the power to carry the larger bombloads. Impressive altitude performance.

Chaps added the PC1000RS into the load out as a 'poor'mans FritzX (these where tested using Heinkels) by Chap

Me-410 Hornisse by (PeaceLovinHippy, Hunin, AAA team)

BF-110G4 Wildesau by (PeaceLovinHippy, Hunin, AAA team)

BF-109 K14 by (Waggle, Hunin, Flushy, PeaceLovinHippy, Zorin, Howlin )

Fw190 A3 Updated. (AAA version. by; Waggle, Hunin, Flushy, PeaceLovinHippy, Zorin, Howlin )

FW190 D11 & D13, 1945= Very limited production final models ('46 add on really). Note the rocket assisted

PC1000RS bomb.
FatDuck & DrJones (3d Conversion) Waggle (Skin, Textures) Hunin (Class work & Fm)
Flushy (Cockpit Textures) Zorin (New 3D & Missions & new Weapons) PeaceLovinHippy (New 3D) Fucida (Class Work)
Cpt Farrel (Texture work.)

Fw-190A-7 & A7STURM by uf_josse at Check-six http://www.checksix-fr.com/

Hs-123 by Ranwers (3d models) & Chameleon (New slot).

Me-262V-3 by Slow (3dmodel) & Chamleon (New Slot-class editing)

MsMorko410 by Chameleon.

Ar-234B-2NJ Night Fighter by AAA.

It adds correct engine model and performance (1700HP instead of Eastern-Versions of 1460HP) for the Western

front FWs': FW-190A4, FW-190A5, FW-190A5 1.65ATA, FW-190A6. All the FWs' come in a NEW SLOT and you can

distinguish them from the small letter a instead of the capital A. For example FW-190-a4, a5, a6, etc... All the

other Flying parameters, gun characteristics and Models damage are the SAME with Oleg's FWs'. The only thing

that differs is the Engine Performance. Research, engine data-model and extensive testing from 4S_Vega. Java

class edit, New slot&FM integration of engine by I/ZG52_HaDeS.

BF-109s F/Jabo tropical versions by Gitano. Wing holes solved for BFs' integration by I/ZG52_HaDeS

Finnish:

I-153 Finnish modification, 4 Browning 7.7mm MG, at Aviaskins site

Italian Aircraft:

Cant.1007bis new and works as a 3 engined aircraft ! by Chaps
Two variants,
Cant Z1007bis Level bomber variant
Cant Z1007t A torpedo bomber version

Breda ba65 bis, by Chaps

Re2000 by Chaps.

Romanian:

Complete IAR80 and IAR81 series by uf_josse

Aerobatics:

(Pseudo) Su26 by uf_josse. It has the FM model of the well-known aerobatic plane but the plane itself is the

IAR80. Very nice addition for aerobatic maneuvers.

Cockpits:

Repaint Cockpits for the Whole BF-109 series by Freddy:
(Corrected the bugs concerning the damaged Revi, fixed the non-functional compass of Emils by keeping the

original one. Added Mirrors)
Repainted cockpits for the whole FW190 series by Capt Flushgarden.
Repainted cockpits for the Hurricanes by Avala.
Ju87 repaints by der-blaue-max
P-39 Re-colored cockpit.
Ki61 re-colored by mane
SPit Vb, Vc and Seafire MKIII by Avala.
Spit MKI by PeaceLovinHippy.
Mosquito Cockpits retextured (Fly Zo)
U2VS Cockpit by (AAA Kumpel)
He-111 cockpit re textured by der Blaue max
Mitsubishi A6M5a Cockpit by Der Wurstenfuchs
i16 Cockpit re textured by VP-Media , instruments by Mangas
Yak 1 Cockpit re textured by Mangas
P47 Cockpits re textured by Taurus & Poncho
F6F Cockpits re textured by Fly Zo
P51DNA Cockpit re textured by Freddie
P40B & C Cockpits by bolox
B-29 - B-29SP New cockpit & textures by Ranwers
Ki-84b & c Cockpit by 200th Sakagawa

Gun sights:

New gun-sights for most of the German, USA, British and Japanese planes thanks to 312_Jura (Sojka), HUNIN,

Poncho, Catahoulak9, MAHA, Fly-Zo.
P38 Gun sight by (Poncho)
New aiming reticule for the upward firing cannon in Bf110G4 by (Maggot)
P47 gun sights Version 1.3 by (Poncho)

ASCANIA Gun-sight for FW-190D9 Late and TA-183

Effects:

Reworked and more realistic Lights / Smoke / Effects and louder ground explosions....
New Mgun hit effects by Maven.
New Smoke Fire Fuel and Contrail Mod by Th!rdeye.
New Weapon Hit Effects Mod + Rocket Trail v1.3 by Th!rdeye.
Gore2 Effect Or (Blood + Bullet Holes) uppdated! by stuka_40
New curving bullet trail effect by stuka_40
High altitude clouds by vpmedia
High Rez oil blotch by fly_zoo
cloud Mod by Flushy
Buildings in fire + New bomb explosions mod (Updated)! By stuka_40
Il2 prop color killer mod beta v2 by Willy
lower cloudheight MOD by josse.
New and more realistic bullet-holes and gore effects.
New Gunfire flash Effects 2.1 by Vpmedia
Intermittent fire with smoother heavy black color smoke rendering and New Blackout Version V5 by HolyGrail
AI lights off by uf_Josse. Updated by (Chap).
New propellor textures, by stuka_40
All-in-One...fabian's destruction mods & LaL_Rone Destruction Mods

Bomb Bay Doors Version 2:- (Fireball)
***This now works for all aircraft with bombdoors !***
Map your power 10% key and it opens and closes your bombdoors.
(This is ON by default but you can turn it off with a conf.ini entry)

Objects - Graphics

Retextured trains, hangars, infantry by LAL_Rone.
Various new map objects by Cannon, vpmedia and fisneaky.
Train Mod by LAL_Rhone
New fortifications by LAL_Rhone
Lots of new trenches, tents, emplacements and bunker objects for different environments.
Updated 'Artillery' CoastalBunkers for Summer/winter/desert using LAL_Rhone's skins by Chap
New Trucks and Civilian vehicles (LAL_Rhone textures) (Chap java and ini file integration). vailable as moving

and as stationary objects.
FireEngine, FireTender. NAAFI wagon, RAF and new US Bus. Civilian Trucks and Cars. Fiat Truck (dessert camo)
3 new Italian Columns added (truck column, HQ and Supply), Japanese truck Co. & engineers, Proper German

Motorcycle recon Column(ColumnK, 4XBMW bikes with sidecars). (Chap).
New Coastal Defence Artillery added by (Chap)
CoastBunker_PTO and ETO. Extremely tough coastal emplacements with 8" naval guns.
CoastBunker_ETO2 Heavy Coast bunker with 15" Naval Gun.
(These use existing bunker models (although the PTO bunker does have a large gun added. These CoastBunkers are

REALLY tough..and the Russian R1 & R2 bunkers have been made much more resistant to air attack. Be careful how

you use these, they have the capability to sink warships and will require a naval taskforce or precision heavy

ordinance to reliably knock them out. DO not use them in place of normal bunkers).

Various stuff:

64 Player CO-OP function enabled. by FC & LesniHU Added as a separate add-on.
Josse's Weapons Mod (Selectable through JSGME, it is OFF by default)
Josse's weapons failure mod, selectable through JSGME. This add a more realistic malfunction parameter for

Bombs, Torpedoes and Rockets. Bombs have a slightly chance of detonate prematurily when hit ground, or not

detonate at all. The same for rockets. Torpedoes have a slight chance of become "dud". A lot more realistic

than the 100% weapons accuracy we have now. It is OFF by default.
Weapons failure mod by uf_josse (This add a more realistic malfunction parameter for Bombs, Torpedoes and

Rockets. Bombs have a slightly chance of detonate prematurily when hit ground, or not detonate at all. The same

for rockets. Torpedoes have a slight chance of become "dud". A lot more realistic than the 100% weapons

accuracy we have now. It is OFF by default.)
Tougher bridges, by chaps
Static Aircraft installer ver1.5 by PeaceLovinHippy
Trouble shooting of maneuver code by Chap.
P51D?s mirror added by PeaceLovinHippy & Lt Wolf
AerMacchi MC.200 Serie 1 corrected by char_aznable.
P-47 Engine ReTexture + Wheel Hub Reskin by Th!rdeye.
Spit Vc cockpit lowered to correct position by total-spoon
F6F F5 & Hellcat Mirror by PeaceLovinHippy
MkII gyro gun sight for Spits 44+ by PeaceLovinHippy
QMB+ by Fatcat. Added as a separate add-on.
FMB+ by MicroWave. Added as a separate add-on.
20mm cannon default load outs for the G10 & G14 with Mk108 as optional. by Tommik
New wheels on 109?s and 190?s by Capt Farrell
New Axis Bomb Skins 1.0 by 4./JG53_Badger
"Fw 190 bar solved" MOD by Fucida.
Me109 All-Holes-Solved mod with Me109-F4 Mistel by HunInTheSun.
Carrier Takeoff mod - version b4 by Fireball.
TankPack 1.0 by Charlie_Chap.
Ship pack 2.0 and Increased sink time by FatCat.
QMB Plus Mission Pack 1 & 2 by Eldon45
New default skins by vpmedia.
New tank textures by Boser
New GUI by fly_zo
F6F Droptank retextured by 4./JG53_Badger
BF109 DropTank & WingPods retextured by Cannon
New more realistic flack explosions and sounds by Buffy.
ew engine flames, dust, wheel screech, gear sounds by Slipry.
Retextured 75 Gal USSAF Drop Tanks by Phas3e
New more realistic bullet Tracers by Th!rdeye.
New 80 liters Soviet TANK for LAGG & La by LAL_Rone
A6M2 (-21) fuel tank corrected color by Mangas
Ki-21II Ventral gunner repositioned with Japanese gun by chap
H8K Gunner positions correctly named by Chap
Improved Mosquito Spinners on all Mosquitoes by PeaceLovinHippy
Glass nose position and Norden Bomb sight added to Blenheim IV by =BY=Rudy
Vc cockpit position fixed for Spits by totalspoon.
Radar Antennae for Bf-110 G4 by Ranwers
Highly detailed German bombs by Zorin
AAA guns on trains and in Columns no longer use the old German 20mm (lag inducing) and have been updated to the

new versions by Chaps
MBR Gunner positions correctly names. Russian gun in top turret. (Chap)
DB3's,il4 & SBM100's:- Gunner positions named correctly and positions updated with Russian guns. Glide
parameters, joystick sensitivity settings and Stall characteristics added to create player FMs. (Chap)
***Note*** these only had 3 crew so the top gunner also mans the belly gun, make sure you put the top turret on

Auto before switching. Nose gunner remains ai in SBM100's.
DB3M runway Spawn Bug Fixed by (Chap)
Updated rear gunner position for B5N2 Kate & B6N2 Jill by Chaps.

Flight Models Section:

***NOTE***
This is ONLY for FORMERLY AI aircraft and Player-Made aircraft! Oleg's Original aircraft Flight Model Is Fully

Respected and NOT touched here!

More advanced AI flight model:

Blenheims, Me210's HS129, B17's, B24, Fw200, A5M4, H8K, PBNY, MBR, AR196, TBF TBM B5N2 & B6N2 ai made flyable s

have more advanced player flyable FM's. Research and Implementation by Chaps
Improved FM for TBF & TBM by Chaps
Improved FM's for RWD8, U2VS & TigerMoth by (Chap & AAA Kumpel)
Me210's & Me410's Low speed characteristics updated (you have to take off & land faster 215kph + by (Chaps)
Me410's FM updated, weight corrected BY (Chaps)
Improved FM for B5N2 Kate & B6N2 Jill by Chaps.
Corrected Maximum Speed for BF-110C4 series. Now it is to 700 km like BF-110G2, by I/ZG52_HaDeS

INNOVATION:

Advanced engine management - AOC V 1.b. By II/JG51-Lutz and the French Community:
http://www.checksix-forums.com/showthread.php?t=147704

This is OFF by default, you can enable and disable it like other add-ons using JSGME.
This is a true innovation and it will extend IL2's life even longer.
This is the A version, so the players will have the opportunity to test it, explore it and evaluate it. It may

be the standard add-on for future on-line events.

What this does:-

Engine warm up sequence:-
Ensure that you have turned magnetoes on. Start engine and idle for several minutes until your engine gets up to

temperature (about 50o C). If you do not do this, you will see an 'Underheat' warning and will suffer engine

damage.

Advanced Engine Torque:-
Planes are effected a lot more realisticaly by engine Torque.

Neg G engine damage:-
Aircraft performing negative G manouvres over sustained periods will get an 'oilpressure' warning and then will

start to suffer engine damage.
(although WWII aircraft often had pressurised fuel systems and injection, the same was not true for the oil

systems.)

Advanced engine management does not directly change Olegs FM's. It creates an overlay in effect that implements

the above features. We could add it permanently in the long run (which would be more efficient.) however this

method gives us the opportunity to test and evaluate without permanent commitment.
(P.S.)
There may be a slight FPS decrease when using AOC.

Maps:

New re-textured maps by vpmedia (2.7 Version)
New Sinai map by delvpier
New Finsgulf by Kapteeni
New Malta map by 6S.Maraz
The Slot map by FA_Cheech
The Kt-Channel map by Kapteeni
The Battle of Britain Map by CannonUK still a beta
The Tab-Ardennes winter map by tab_flettner
The Italy ,Greece, Africa map by RedFox59/Sov_Volperossa
Sardegna map by Redfox59
The Historic Midway by panzerkeil
The Darwin Map by Neil Lowe
The LYBIA N-E aka Tobruk by JV69_BADA
The Thailand-East Burma-Indo-China map by fabianfred
Lybia N E map (Tobruk) by LAL_Bada
ffb_Thailand-EastBurma_Indo_China Map by FabianFred
dlv_Phillipines delviper
BP_Midway by Panzerkeil
The SLOT Updated to version 1.3
Hangar pack 2.0 by LAL_Rhone
Central med map by 6S.Maraz
Slovakia Winter map by may-bug
Slovenia Map by Zuti
Detailed Philippines location names:- 352ndOscar from 352nd Virtual Fighter Group
Slot update 1.3 by Team Pacific
Kiev Retextured at Avia.skins
Makin Atoll & Kwajalein at via.Skins
GW winter pack.

Bugs fixed from previous version:

Fixed the throttle issue with FW-190 A4. Now you can reach 110% Engine power instead of 100%

Fixed the AI navigation lights at night. Now the AI will properly shut-down their navigation lights when

attacked.

The FW-190 G8 model has been removed because it will be added later using all data available.

It fixes the maps which could not load.

It fixes the cockpit transparency in BF-109E series.

It fixes the cockpit problem for Tempest in CRT=2 mode.

It fixes duplicates names for planes and/or ammunition.

It gives full name for maps in Full Mission Builder.

The BF-109Z is flyable again.

It removes the incorrect Campaign entries by Jasta V that were accidentally included.

Adds missing skin folders.

Known Bugs of the 1.5 Version:

a) The BF-109 K14 has not been made compatible with All Holes Solved mod by HunInTheSun. As a result, the

in-cockpit view is a bit corrupted. Its not fun to actually fly this aircraft. I've only included it for

compatibility so if a player chooses it you will be able to see it (and not get attacked by a "ghost-plane")

b) The wide in-cockpit view of BF-190 E1 has a front visual problem. When you switch to the gun-sight view the

problem disappears. Again this is All related with the All Holes Solved mod by HunInTheSun. It has not been made

compatible with this mod yet, but I'm quite sure it will be in the very near future.

c) The Tiger Moth and the Hs-123 cannot get destroyed. The planes will cut-off and crash-down if get hit but you

cannot “die” or get an “enemy aircraft destroyed”message because a central part of fuselage remains intact. It

wll get fixed in a future add-on.

D) Wrong spawn-point in some DF servers using carrier-like runways. Will be fixed in the next version.

P.S.
I surely did not mention all people involved in creating this mods. If you don't find your name in the list

please do notify me and I'll add it asap.

For Bugs-Questions please visit:
I'll be more than glad to help you.

Modding Sites:

Fusion Site: (French)

Check-Six Site (French)

Avia Skin: (Russian)
http://aviaskins.com/
The Italian modding-pages:
(http://www.22gct.it/forum/)

HunterICX
02-23-09, 04:44 AM
@Tikigod:

We've allowed discussing the IL2 mods, but we still do not aprove linking towards their websites.

Subsim's IL2 mods policy:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=140416

cheers,
HunterICX

XabbaRus
02-23-09, 11:53 AM
Because the tweaked FM can be used on an online server.

I know that but then you have a server that only uses the AAA UI

My understanding is that the host server can check and they can avoid cheating.

Thing is if the AAA team make the changes and they become the defacto mod I can't see the problem. If people were going to cheat they would/do by now.

It does beg the question, why make a plane flyable when it's FM is atrocious for human control.

Fincuan
02-24-09, 01:50 AM
My understanding is that the host server can check and they can avoid cheating.

Not strictly true. As far as I know CRT=2 only checks whether the .class-files(java code) have been modified, so for example anything graphics related that doesn't touch the .class-files goes unnoticed. Want to remove the cockpit completely, ie. fly as "open cockpit" on any server? No problem, CRT=2 won't catch that. Want to give every other aircraft a fluorescent red skin? No problem, CRT=2 won't catch that either, etc...

I don't know which category FMs belong to, but my guess is they are catched by CRT=2.

XabbaRus
02-24-09, 05:03 AM
I think they have it wrong and are limiting the scope of IL-2...oh well.

Dowly
02-24-09, 05:03 AM
Yup, FM's are AFAIK spotted by the file check. The real problem is the servers that use modpacks, those need to have the file check disabled and anyone can modify their plane's FM and hop into the server. That's why AAA wants to keep FM editing out of their forums.

Fincuan
02-24-09, 05:51 AM
The real problem is the servers that use modpacks, those need to have the file check disabled

AAA advertises that it's possible to run a UI1.1 & 4.09b1m server with CRT=2 enabled. How this is implemented I do not know.

HunterICX
02-24-09, 07:02 AM
The real problem is the servers that use modpacks, those need to have the file check disabled

AAA advertises that it's possible to run a UI1.1 & 4.09b1m server with CRT=2 enabled. How this is implemented I do not know.

:hmmm: Perhaps if its server sided, it could be that the File check compares that file with the one that's been put up on the Server.

HunterICX

XabbaRus
02-24-09, 03:22 PM
What about the mod that lets you look around after you have bailed out or are dead?

XabbaRus
03-02-09, 05:32 AM
It looks like the OOF mod will be here soon. A whole bunch of WWI planes have turned up. I wonder if this could put a dent in OFF? Seems the IL-2 engine is more suited to these.

Dowly
03-02-09, 06:26 AM
Still think it just takes away valuable resources/modders from the WWII modding. :shifty: