PDA

View Full Version : DW Downloadable I/O error

MacRae_Warrior
07-26-08, 06:16 PM
Hello, I am new here and I am turning to this forum for help with a problem with Dangerous Waters after lack of helpful communication from Strategy First:

After playing the demo for several months, and noticing that DW was on sale for $15, I decided to purchase the download version. The first file downloaded just fine, and when I used it to download the setup executable, it went flawlessly, albeit very slowly. Upon completion of the download I activated the setup.exe and got about 52-54% through the install when it informed me that an I/O error had occured, that an unnamed file had been corrupted, and that further progress on the installation was impossible. Several re-downloads of the setup.exe did nothing to solve the problem. I promptly contacted Strategy First, to whom I was referred via the website, and kept up an e-mail correspondence with them over the next few days. It has been 5 days since their last e-mail and they still have not solved my problem. I get the feeling I should have been more patient and bought the boxed version.

Has anyone else had this problem, or was I just cheated out of 15 bucks?

Thanks in advance.

MacRae_Warrior
07-27-08, 03:23 PM
Anyone? Anyone? Beuller?

Dr.Sid
07-27-08, 04:50 PM
Do they still sell it ? AFAIK only downloadable version was via Steam. Anyway I bought boxed version from local reseller, I don't have any actual information. I'm just reporting so you don't feel so lonely here :D

MacRae_Warrior
07-29-08, 05:45 PM
Thanks for that. Yes, Strategy first is offering a 'downloadable' version of DW, but so far all I've downloaded is (apparently) corrupt setup .exe's. Still no response from them.:damn:
I think I'm about to call them and give them a piece of my mind.

CapitanPiluso
08-07-08, 08:48 PM
I bought DW via Steam and got zero problems up to date, it works really good.
You could try this if get no answer from Sonalyst.