PDA

View Full Version : Is there an XXI mod

Airmail
07-17-08, 02:28 PM
Hey guys, Im a bit of a n00b so bear with me. Is there an XXI mod have searched but can't find one. SH4's crying out for one seeing as the U-boat expansion has the XVIII model that is almost exactly the same visually. I'd really prefer the extra submerged range as opposed to speed. Also at least the XXI saw some service.

Mush Martin
07-17-08, 02:35 PM
welcome to subsim enjoy your stay, I wonder if this shouldnt
have been posted to UBM forum.
if they move this thread dont be surprised or offended they
are just trying to keep the house in good order and your more
likely to find someone making a german boat there, though
you never know there are a lot of two theatre players.

none the less enjoy your time here.
M:|\\

[edit] did I foo foo on this was it in the right thread
originally?

Xantrokoles
07-17-08, 03:51 PM
Welcome to SS
Take this mod:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=136568&highlight=xviii

It has the settings of the type xxi and a snorkel. you can ignore the rest.

Airmail
07-17-08, 04:20 PM
Hey thanks! :) Is there anyway to get rid of the deck guns, they look weird and I like the challenge of not having them. Its kind of hard to ignore those stonking great big deck guns when looking at the boat from the outside!

Airmail
07-17-08, 04:26 PM
On a side note this forum seems very friendly and lively. Reminds me of my current forum home, the IL2 forums over at Ubi. :D

Mush Martin
07-17-08, 05:23 PM
:|\\We.......are a festival of conviviality compared to those guys.

I fly P-38L's in IL-2

Airmail
07-17-08, 06:00 PM
:|\\We.......are a festival of conviviality compared to those guys.

I fly P-38L's in IL-2

LOL there will be an inter forum flame war if some of the resident ubizoo headcases see that. :D I do like the mellow yet lively atmosphere here though.

Fly MkIII Mustangs here

PanzerBoxb
07-18-08, 08:46 AM
Great news! I had searched but not seen the mod for the XXI. Now I can have a little fun with missions. :up:

Capt Jack Harkness
07-18-08, 09:37 PM
That mod is really a super type XVIII mod. I experimented with making a real type XXI and got the reload times to be accurate (the XXI had the first hydraulic reloading system), but I couldn't get the submerged performance to be where it should be, and battery charge rates appear to be hardcoded.....