PDA

View Full Version : [TEC] Direct radar input into TDC, possible?

AntEater
07-07-08, 05:55 AM
In SH4, we can use a blind approach relying on Sonar data with the TDC, however, this was rarely used in reality.
On the other hand, when reading accounts of actual attacks, it seems that most rangefinding was done with the SJ Radar from 1944 on and most captains dispensed with the stadimeter for surface attacks. I think some attacks were even done totally blind, relying on bearing and range from Radar only.
Would it be possible to mod the radar to work similar to the sonar and give out ranges and maybe even bearing data to the TDC?

LukeFF
07-08-08, 01:08 AM
In SH4, we can use a blind approach relying on Sonar data with the TDC, however, this was rarely used in reality.
On the other hand, when reading accounts of actual attacks, it seems that most rangefinding was done with the SJ Radar from 1944 on and most captains dispensed with the stadimeter for surface attacks. I think some attacks were even done totally blind, relying on bearing and range from Radar only.
Would it be possible to mod the radar to work similar to the sonar and give out ranges and maybe even bearing data to the TDC?

I've been hoping for that for a long time, but so far it's not happened. :(

Bulleye
07-23-08, 12:41 PM
Ditto, can somebody please mod this?!

Mush Martin
07-23-08, 02:46 PM
I myself havent looked at it, or into it. but I think it is quite likely
possible, the function send bearing/Range to tdc exists already
in the 1024 commands cfg. So I speculate That by building
that command into the radar screen with a new button wouldnt
be impossible. I think
M

[edit]
its been so long now!, didnt the radar used to show range to object on the screen
that can possibly be displayed on peri ???????? Im not sure, but theres surely some
possibilities.

looney
07-23-08, 02:57 PM
Isn't there a small dial which shows the distance on the green wrigley radatr?

Bulleye
07-30-08, 04:28 PM
Is anybody working/ willing to work on this?

I have the programming skills of somebody who has no programming skills and isn't very good at programming. Otherwise I'd be perfectly happy to do this myself. :)

(I thought a bit of Blackadderrean reasoning might lighten things up a little. :))