PDA

View Full Version : reaching periscope depth

MajorTOM_WLFPAK1
07-01-08, 08:50 PM
hello all.

i was wondering if there was anyway to have a verbal response to reaching periscope depth. i have looked into it and it did happen. they also let you know when they reached a depth order by the captain. this too does not happen . can anything be done about this?

i think it could if it was set the the depth gage to play a sound file when that depth is hit. but it may sound off if you are at surfs then did a crash dive. i think if it was set the the periscope dive button then it might work being its a set depth for each sub. i just don't know and i don't know how to make the mods . even if it could be done. anyway it would be nice if it did. would add a little more to the game.

The Fishlord
07-01-08, 11:21 PM
hello all.

i was wondering if there was anyway to have a verbal response to reaching periscope depth. i have looked into it and it did happen. they also let you know when they reached a depth order by the captain. this too does not happen . can anything be done about this?

i think it could if it was set the the depth gage to play a sound file when that depth is hit. but it may sound off if you are at surfs then did a crash dive. i think if it was set the the periscope dive button then it might work being its a set depth for each sub. i just don't know and i don't know how to make the mods . even if it could be done. anyway it would be nice if it did. would add a little more to the game.

IIRC they didn't say "Periscope Depth" much, they said "60 feet". I suppose you could dig up a sound file and combine it with the "Current depth: 6-0 feet" file, but IMO it's easier just to remember the depth for each boat and listen for when your helmsman tells you that depth.

Hylander_1314
07-02-08, 01:15 PM
IIRC, the later boats, Gato and Balao should be 64ft. for periscoe depth. But I could be mistaken.

MajorTOM_WLFPAK1
07-03-08, 09:17 AM
thxs for the reply. but is it possible to have it tell you when you have reached PD or the the final depth that you ordered. it did happen and it would be handy when your doing other things to be told you have reached your depth. at least i think it would.

LukeFF
07-03-08, 07:38 PM
thxs for the reply. but is it possible to have it tell you when you have reached PD or the the final depth that you ordered. it did happen and it would be handy when your doing other things to be told you have reached your depth. at least i think it would.

You have a red needle on your shallow depth gauge that lets you know you're at periscope depth.