PDA

View Full Version : [REL]New Unit-"Arrow" Class Steam Tanker

iambecomelife
06-28-08, 03:39 PM
I have been revising some of the older ships that I want to include in my mod. This ship is an 8,000 ton old-fashioned steam tanker based on the "Dixie Arrow" (sunk 1942) and her sister ships. Originally I built it more than a year ago - this is the third version of it.

Installation is very easy, but please read the readme. All text on the hull and funnel is mirrored correctly. You will see it ingame if you have generic entries for American oil tankers. To my knowledge these ships were only used by one company so the civilian skins are pretty similar, but there is some variety in hull markings.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d54/iambecomelife/Greygal-p1.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d54/iambecomelife/Greygal-p2.jpg

I will create a batch of camoflage skins for it in the next several days.

EDIT: Version 1.1 has been released. EQP files have been modified to stop the crashes on some installations. Also includes various improvements and a pack of camoflaged skins. Download this instead of v1.0.

EDIT: Version 1.2 has been released. Camo skin #5 has been repaired in this version. Download and use this instead of all earlier versions.

EDIT: v 1.21 (resolves file paths problem):

http://files.filefront.com/Arrow+Tanker+v1217z/;10938179;/fileinfo.html

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d54/iambecomelife/Arrow1.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d54/iambecomelife/Arrow2-1.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d54/iambecomelife/Arrow3-1.jpg

http://www.history.navy.mil/photos/images/h65000/h65062a.jpg

http://www.armed-guard.com/astral.jpg

Historical Info:

http://uboat.net/allies/merchants/1475.html

http://www.nc-wreckdiving.com/WRECKS/DIXIE/DIXIE.HTML

STEED
06-28-08, 03:43 PM
Another gem! :huh:

Cool. :cool:

Well Done. :up:

VonDos
06-28-08, 04:08 PM
D\L-ing now; thanks!
Masterpiece, other words are useless :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

This is the "first step" about release you huge mod?

bigboywooly
06-28-08, 04:16 PM
Superb

Now

Wheres the rest of them

:rotfl:

iambecomelife
06-28-08, 04:18 PM
D\L-ing now; thanks!

You could say that. :cool: Although most of the ships will still be released together. I just happened to be updating this ship and I was satisfied with how it turned out, so I decided to go ahead and release it.

Hitman
06-28-08, 04:39 PM
:rock: :rock: :rock:

Keep 'em coming!!! :D

VonDos
06-28-08, 05:04 PM
D\L-ing now; thanks!

You could say that. :cool: Although most of the ships will still be released together. I just happened to be updating this ship and I was satisfied with how it turned out, so I decided to go ahead and release it.

Great, GLORIOUS news :up:
That's final release countdown :rock:

Ivan Putski
06-28-08, 05:22 PM
Top notch job on her, she`s got that classy look.

Alex
06-28-08, 05:50 PM
:D
:rock: :rock: :rock:

Keep 'em coming!!! :D

Please ! :yep:

nikbear
06-28-08, 05:57 PM
Beautiful:oyou do realise that when you see these babys in a convoy IAMBL,they really do put the other ships to shame;):yep::up:

Madox58
06-28-08, 10:31 PM
Very Nice Sir!!
:up:
If I ever get past building new bunkers and such,
I'd like to build another ship.
:lol:

rowi58
06-29-08, 01:06 AM
Hi iambecomelife,

a very very nice ship - tanker. Look at your PM.

Greets
rowi58

denis_469
06-29-08, 01:46 AM
Thank vary large, IABL!

USS Sea Tiger
06-29-08, 02:09 AM
You have great skills, and they really show with this tanker!

iambecomelife
06-29-08, 07:12 AM
You have great skills, and they really show with this tanker!

Thanks! Also, because these ships served in World War I they might be useful for the WWI mod, as well as standard SH3.

@rowi: Thank you very much for the improvements - I will take a look at them ASAP.

Letum
06-29-08, 07:43 AM
Very Good, Thanks

Jimbuna
06-29-08, 07:49 AM
Another fine addition IABL http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/thumbsup.gif

iambecomelife
06-29-08, 01:24 PM
Hi iambecomelife,

a very very nice ship - tanker. Look at your PM.

Greets
rowi58

Good job with the modifications. The reflection of the NLL bridge needs to be removed but I think I can do that. Check your PM.

And yes - go ahead and use it for any freeware mod. :up:

iambecomelife
06-29-08, 08:44 PM
I am almost finished with one of the "half sister" ships mentioned in the Readme. It is similar in construction but hopefully distinctive enough. Tonnage is about 9000-9500.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d54/iambecomelife/teag2.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d54/iambecomelife/teag1.jpg

http://uboat.net/allies/ships/photos/am/j_a_moffett_jr.jpg

linerkiller
06-30-08, 12:32 AM
wow...what a beauty:D

Yorktown_Class
06-30-08, 02:44 AM
Very nice job,thank you sir:up:

STEED
06-30-08, 10:16 AM
iambecomelife

Sorry to say this but I have en-counted the dreaded CTD with your mod.

SH3 no CTD until I placed your mod in via JSGME then I got three CTD's in one night. I've removed your ship mod and the SH3 is now stable again, I must admit this is the first time a ship mod has caused me CTD. :-?

I will DL again and try it again and yes I did follow your instructions to the letter. Bloody shame this has happen as all other ship mods you created work find.

Jimbuna
06-30-08, 04:24 PM
@STEED

On reading your post I checked the stability of the ship and my installation is working fine.

Might I suggest you check the text very carefully in the EnglishNames CFG. If that is okay, try editing a mission with just the ship and a sub.

The mission editor will then either refuse to load up or save.

I could also send you my file if you wish.

Good luck matey. http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/thumbsup.gif

iambecomelife
06-30-08, 06:51 PM
iambecomelife

SH3 no CTD until I placed your mod in via JSGME then I got three CTD's in one night. I've removed your ship mod and the SH3 is now stable again, I must admit this is the first time a ship mod has caused me CTD. :-?

I will DL again and try it again and yes I did follow your instructions to the letter. Bloody shame this has happen as all other ship mods you created work find.

OK - did you add the entry:

T09A=Tanker 09

to your englishnames.cfg file?

Also, did you check to make sure everything was extracted properly? A folder named T09A should be in your data/sea main folder.

Reece
06-30-08, 08:57 PM
Excellent work you've done on this iambecomelife, many thanks.:up:

Ruzbasan
06-30-08, 10:25 PM
iambecomelife

I had the same thing-CTD's from the museum when I tried to look at the tanker. I installed it using JSGME. Then I manually added an entry T09A= Tanker 09 in the Englishnames.cfg file as per the readme included with the download.

But JSGME automatically added the correct entry to the englishnames.cfg, about half-way down the cfg file. I did not see this entry and added the entry again at the bottom of the englishnames file. Because their were two entries in the englishnames file for the same ship I think this is causing the CTD.

I will test my theory and report the results.

Ruzbasan
06-30-08, 10:50 PM
The experiment was a failure. It is not the englshnames.cfg entry that is causing the CTD. It must be something else.

This ship is a beauty, it would be a real shame not to be able to use it. Any ideas on how to get it to work without CTD?

Reece
07-01-08, 12:48 AM
It goes ok for me but I'm using a souped up version of GWX 1.03:
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h244/Reecehk/Tanker09.jpg
Maybe it's to do with version 2/2.1?:-?

nikbear
07-01-08, 01:06 AM
Using GWX2.0 here and the ship looks gorgeous,found one in the gulf of mexico and it sunk like a dream,fantastic work IAMBL:up:

denis_469
07-01-08, 02:43 AM
For all who have CTD - this problem in small videomemory in computers. All textures uploading in to video memory and after size (summary) textures more than empty video memory starting CTD computers. For example - my computer have 1024 Mb video, but I can not use all ships what I have, so for all textures need no less than 2048 Mb video memory. If you can not upgrade computers you need find what is ships you hope see in game and cut other ships and planes. In museum CTD start when another ship textures uploading and can not upload in to video memory.

Jimbuna
07-01-08, 06:56 AM
It goes ok for me but I'm using a souped up version of GWX 1.03:

Maybe it's to do with version 2/2.1?:-?

Working fine in my 2.1 version.

Ruzbasan
07-01-08, 08:17 AM
Still getting CTD's with the Arrow. I am running GWX 2.1 with the community units mod, conversions of japanese merchants from SH4, and several passenger ship mods (Bremen, Rex, Queen Elizabeth, Aquitania, Normandie, Queen Mary).

Maybe the Arrow is conflicting with the ships from the community mod.

It is definitely not video memory, I am running SLI.

Jimbuna
07-01-08, 03:33 PM
Still getting CTD's with the Arrow. I am running GWX 2.1 with the community units mod, conversions of japanese merchants from SH4, and several passenger ship mods (Bremen, Rex, Queen Elizabeth, Aquitania, Normandie, Queen Mary).

It shouldn't have anything to do with the community mod because I'm already using that.

VonDos
07-01-08, 05:16 PM
Is compatible also with all my ships;

Regards,
VD

iambecomelife
07-01-08, 06:27 PM

Is there an entry for the ship in data\roster\American\sea?

One thing you might want to do: Clone the ship again using Pack3d (in case you don't know how, use the "get DAT" button to browse to the file T09A.dat, open it, and click the clone button). There is a small possibility that it has the same hex ID's as one of the many other ships you are using. It's unlikely but the more modded ships are added the greater the chance of a duplicate.

Also, did you have the older version of the T09A tanker?

Ruzbasan
07-01-08, 06:53 PM
Yes, there is an entry in the American\sea folder for the T09A. I never had the older version of the T09A.

Unfortunately, I do not have Pack3d. I know this is a lot to ask, but is their any way you could post a cloned version of the T09A.dat file on filefront for those of us with this problem?

Your ship is too amazing to not be able to enjoy.:D

Ruzbasan
07-01-08, 08:09 PM
I tried using Pack3d to clone the T09.dat file with no success. When I chose the dat file and selected clone Pack3D said "Cloning T09.dat". After about a half hour it was still showing "cloning T09.dat". Should it take that long to clone the file?

iambecomelife
07-01-08, 08:14 PM
I tried using Pack3d to clone the T09.dat file with no success. When I chose the dat file and selected clone Pack3D said "Cloning T09.dat". After about a half hour it was still showing "cloning T09.dat". Should it take that long to clone the file?

Did the cloning button "pop back up?" If so, and if it says "cloning T09A.dat" or "cloning T09A.cam" then you're finished. Go ahead and try the ship. :) I forgot to mention that pack3d doesn't have a message indicating that the cloning is complete.

STEED
07-02-08, 07:49 AM
Still no go folks with JSGME & manually or so tried your idea jim and CTD put a stop to it. I will just have to go without this ship, thats life.

Jimbuna
07-02-08, 12:30 PM
Still no go folks with JSGME & manually or so tried your idea jim and CTD put a stop to it. I will just have to go without this ship, thats life.

Send me your EnglishNames CFG and I'll run a comparator test if you want.

I can also send you my file which definitely works :up:

STEED
07-02-08, 12:33 PM

The museum also crashed, PM on its way jim.

I followed the instructions to the letter and any how I have put in ships manually before and seen them with no problems.

iambecomelife
07-02-08, 06:22 PM

The museum also crashed, PM on its way jim.

I followed the instructions to the letter and any how I have put in ships manually before and seen them with no problems.

Can one of you guys PM me the EnglishNames.cfg too? I would especially like to know which ships you are using that I have never used.

Thanks.

And I will submit a second version of the ship with the reflections improved and the ID's re-cloned.

iambecomelife
07-02-08, 06:26 PM
Also, for STEED & Ruzbasan, can you list all of the mods that you are using?

Thanks.

Madox58
07-02-08, 07:30 PM
Bone stock GWX 2.1
and CTD's on me in Museum.
I'm checking things out.

I did manually edit and verify all cfg files and Englishnames.cfg

I'll do a clone with a third party cloner that I know
works better then P3D.

Ruzbasan
07-02-08, 07:54 PM
I am using the following mods with GWX 2.1:
GWX 2.1 Minor fixs 26th Ail
GWX Open Hatch Mod
GWX Enhanced damage effects
GWX 2.0 Grey tails
Community Units

Roi58 and Trainer 1942's SH4 Merchants converted to SH3 mod-(each ship installed manually without library and texture files):
Akita
Biyo
Buzyun
Hakusika
Haruna
Heito
Horai
Kasagisan
Kinposan
OLNippon
Taihosan
Tyohei
Zinbu

Other individual ships installed manually:
Medium Merchant 11
AAA Ships 1.0
BB Warspite
EoBritain fixed
KS Hafendampfschillepper
New Trawlers-No Fish
NPL-hos
Pasteur
Queen Elizabeth
Queen Mary fixed
RMS Aquitania
SS Normandie
SS Rex Fixed
TS Bremen 2

While checking the data\ships folder I noticed that JSGME had not correctly installed the community units mod. The community units mod was still in its own folder and not in the data folder. So I placed the entire community units mod in the correct folders. This caused a new problem. The community ships showed up fine but all the other ships in the museum showed too low in the water and were causing a strange square wake around their hulls as they moved thru the water.

So I am going to do a complete clean reinstall of SH3 and GWX2.1 tonight. I will then add the T09 tanker first to see if it works with no other mods (besides GWX 2.1) installed. If that works I will then install the community units mod. Then the Japanses merchants individually (without the library and texture files) and then the individual ships listed above.

Does this sound like a good plan?

Madox58
07-02-08, 08:05 PM
Cloned serveral times and still CTD.
Will look deeper now.

Reece
07-02-08, 09:57 PM
Cloned serveral times and still CTD.
Will look deeper now. How much memory do you have and what type of video card?:-?
Works with GWX 1.03, 2gb, ATI X1950 pro, I also use SH3 Commander & works in museum.

Madox58
07-02-08, 10:03 PM
It is not a memory or vid card problem.
It is also not an ID conflect.
Still looking at the problem.

Madox58
07-02-08, 10:09 PM
I have seen type problem before.
I just don't remember what it was!!
The unit is fine.
IABL did a fine job of it!!!
I know it's a Duh kind of fix!

iambecomelife
07-02-08, 10:13 PM
Another question for the people with problems - during the CTD, does anyone notice that their monitor reverts to about 640 X 480, 16 colors? I,too, am wondering if it's something I've seen before.

Ruzbasan
07-02-08, 10:17 PM
Another question for the people with problems - during the CTD, does anyone notice that their monitor reverts to about 640 X 480, 16 colors? I,too, am wondering if it's something I've seen before.

No, the monitor goes black and a Windows error box comes up a message like "Msvrt error".

Reece
07-02-08, 10:20 PM
Some have GWX 2.1, 1.03, 2.0 & works fine, so can't be that, maybe something to do with Hi-Res fix, XP service pack, something running in background just a few suggestions, though Privateer seems convinced it's within SHIII.:roll: Wierd isn't it!:doh:
Windows error box comes up a message like "Msvrt error"
If its a "SH3 has caused a serious error and has to shutdown" error check to see the Mod name, might help?:-?

Ruzbasan
07-02-08, 10:41 PM
Some have GWX 2.1, 1.03, 2.0 & works fine, so can't be that, maybe something to do with Hi-Res fix, XP service pack, something running in background just a few suggestions, though Privateer seems convinced it's within SHIII.:roll: Wierd isn't it!:doh:
Windows error box comes up a message like "Msvrt error" If its a "SH3 has caused a serious error and has to shutdown" error check to see the Mod name, might help?:-?

Ok, after a clean install of GWX2.1, with only the "GWX 2.1 Minor fixes 26th April" activated I still get the black CTD with only the Arrow tanker installed.

The Windows error message is:

"Silent Hunter III has encountered a problem and needs to close. ModName= msvcr71.dll"

Reece
07-02-08, 10:48 PM
That's a "C" programming error! Description:
msvcr71.dll is a module containing standard C library functions such as printf, memcpy, and cos. It is a part of the Microsoft C Runtime Library. Might shed some light.:) I assume the CTD happens when loading a career or museum? Could it be a C runtime library version error, I have SP3 installed.

Ruzbasan
07-02-08, 11:28 PM
msvcr71.dll is a module containing standard C library functions such as printf, memcpy, and cos. It is a part of the Microsoft C Runtime Library. Might shed some light.:) I assume the CTD happens when loading a career or museum? Could it be a C runtime library version error, I have SP3 installed.

Yes, the CTD happens when loading tanker in the museum. I have SP2 so that could be the problem.

Pvt.Godfrey
07-02-08, 11:56 PM
I too have this problem in GWX 2.1.I disabled all third party mods but still get the museum crash with T09A. I also have a heavily modified GWX 2.0 installed and T09A seems to work fine with this. If it was a C runtime error surely both setups would crash. The only difference i can see is that my GWX 2.0 runs in an 8K atmosphere and my GWX 2.1 runs a 16k atmosphere.

Reece
07-03-08, 12:11 AM
What if, using JSGME, you tried the 8k with 2.1? Is it GWX 2.1 16k atmosphere, mine or OLC's?:-?

Pvt.Godfrey
07-03-08, 12:19 AM
It was OLC'S.. but i've just realised that i disabled it so i would have reverted to an 8k atmosphere and it still crashed 2.1

Jimbuna
07-03-08, 04:11 AM

Yes, the CTD happens when loading tanker in the museum. I have SP2 so that could be the problem.

That's strange....SP2 here too....and absolutely no problem. :hmm:

rowi58
07-03-08, 05:04 AM
Hi Ruzbasan,

one reason for CTD can be a corrupt CFG-file. Please check both T09A.cfg files in the following folders/files:

.../data/Sea/T09A/T09A.cfg

[Unit]
ClassName=T09A
UnitType=101
MaxSpeed=10.5
Length=150
Width=19.1
Mast=26
Draft=7.3
Displacement=8200
RenownAwarded=300

[2DCompartments]
UnitPos=56,8,403,20
NbOfComp=4
Name1=Propulsion
Area1=58,5,30,18
Name2=Keel
Area2=164,2,187,10
Name3=Engines Room
Area3=207,13,52,18
Name4=Fuel Bunkers
Area4=261,13,30,18

and in the "roster" folder:

...data/Roster/American/Sea/T09A.cfg

[UnitClass]
ClassName=T09A
UnitType=101
AppearanceDate=19380101
DisappearanceDate=19451201
DisplayName=Tanker 09

[Unit 1]
Name=Tanker 09
DOC=19380101
DOD=19451201

Pay speciall attention to "UnitType=101". Must be the same number in both CFG files! And to the correct path!

Greets
rowi58

STEED
07-03-08, 07:52 AM
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/images/icons/icon2.gif iambecomelife

I've sent you a pm.

Ruzbasan
07-03-08, 09:02 AM
Hi Rowi58,

I checked both cfg files and the path and they are correct.

Privateer,

Have you found anything that could cause this?

Schwuppes
07-03-08, 09:13 AM
**** me... that baby looks real nice!

Madox58
07-03-08, 11:56 PM
Hi Rowi58,

Privateer,

It's something in the eqp file.
If you remove the eqp file it does not CTD.
I suspected a M01 bug but that was not the case as I Nulled those entries.
Will do some more looking and editing till we all help fix this.

I was just glad to see it in Game!!
VERY NICE!!

iambecomelife
07-04-08, 12:11 AM
Hi Rowi58,

Privateer,

It's something in the eqp file.
If you remove the eqp file it does not CTD.
I suspected a M01 bug but that was not the case as I Nulled those entries.
Will do some more looking and editing till we all help fix this.

I was just glad to see it in Game!!
VERY NICE!!

Great. I suspected it was the eqp or the log file. Apparently some variations of SH3 don't "like" it when you don't set a configuration for a node at a particular time. I have changed the eqp file so that there is data on node assignment from 01/01/1938 to 12/31/1945. That should take care of the problem. I will have it ready in a few hours along with the camoflaged skins.

Madox58
07-04-08, 12:35 AM
That's what I thought was the problem
after makeing sure it was not the M01 bug.

Glad it's sorted.

iambecomelife
07-04-08, 09:07 AM
FYI the altered version is complete. Let me know if it solves your problems. It also includes some camoflaged paint schemes:

http://files.filefront.com/Arrow+Tanker+v11rar/;10921158;/fileinfo.html

Ruzbasan
07-04-08, 10:50 AM
FYI the altered version is complete. Let me know if it solves your problems. It also includes some camoflaged paint schemes:

It now shows up and really is a beauty!! One little problem came up when extracting the rar file. Winrar gave a message saying the camo/T09A_T05.tga file is corrupt. That skin did not extract but everything else extracted perfectly and the install was successful.:D

Iambecomelife,
Thank you for all your hardwork in creating such a masterpiece and making a new version for us all to enjoy.

Thank you to everyone who helped trouble shoot this. The subsim community is outstanding!:D

STEED
07-04-08, 10:55 AM

I shall give it ago and let you know.

STEED
07-04-08, 11:33 AM
One little problem came up when extracting the rar file. Winrar gave a message saying the camo/T09A_T05.tga file is corrupt.

I just DL and open the 7zip and got a simular message. :-?

Data error in Arrow_Tanker_v1.1\Data\Sea\T09A\Skins\Camo\T09A_T0 5tga. File is Broaken.

Never the less I will test run it.

STEED
07-04-08, 02:00 PM
Museum test (Passed)
Campaign test (One hour of play no CTD Passed)

Looks like you guys grabbed hold of the dreaded CTD and kicked it up the backside and told it to clear off. :lol:

Big thanks to everyone who worked on this problem, well done guys. :yep: :up:

Jimbuna
07-04-08, 02:25 PM

Are you working on a remedy for the skin IABL ? :hmm:

Alex
07-04-08, 02:59 PM
Got the same message saying this file is corrupted...
Hopefully a new version of it will be available soon ! ;)

:arrgh!:

iambecomelife
07-04-08, 04:25 PM
http://files.filefront.com/Arrow+Tanker+v127z/;10924893;/fileinfo.html

[SIGH] ... Here is version 1.2. My apologies. I am not sure what's gotten into this ship.:doh:

This version should resolve the skin issue and the earlier CTD problem.

Jimbuna
07-04-08, 04:46 PM
Skin seems sorted now http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/thumbsup.gif

VonDos
07-04-08, 05:00 PM
I hadn't CTD, but re-download the same XD

This new isn't JSGME structured, is it?

STEED
07-04-08, 05:07 PM
Piece of cake dl the new one and just swapped the skins folder over, right now I'm sorted I will go away and leave the great iambecomelife to go out and a frosty one. ;)

Thank you sir. :up:

iambecomelife
07-04-08, 05:08 PM
I hadn't CTD, but re-download the same XD

This new isn't JSGME structured, is it?

It's JSGME compatible - just place the extracted folder in the MODS directory.

bigboywooly
07-05-08, 02:46 PM
When you open the mission editor you get an error message

Not found in platforms library

Ship is in the US roster however but drag it on to a new mis file and ME CTDS

?

Ah

data\Sea folder doesnt contain a T09A folder
All the files in directly in the main Sea folder

Jimbuna
07-05-08, 03:40 PM
When you open the mission editor you get an error message

Not found in platforms library

Ship is in the US roster however but drag it on to a new mis file and ME CTDS

?

Ah

data\Sea folder doesnt contain a T09A folder
All the files in directly in the main Sea folder

Mind....don't tell them it took us 20 minutes over on TS to figure it out http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/853/shhhhhob3oa7.gif

http://img113.imageshack.us/img113/7975/gigglebigtb9fg3.gif

iambecomelife
07-05-08, 04:23 PM
http://files.filefront.com/Arrow+Tanker+v1217z/;10938179;/fileinfo.html

This should take care of the file paths issue, BBW. Thanks

peewee
12-01-08, 07:09 PM
you may have already sorted this out but can I just point out that the american flags in the sig image are back to front.....

iambecomelife
12-01-08, 07:39 PM
you may have already sorted this out but can I just point out that the american flags in the sig image are back to front.....

The US flag was supposed to be painted that way for neutrality markings, with the blue field oriented towards the bow and the stripes terminating astern. In practice, American vessels had the flags painted facing in both directions, regardless of the rules. If you take a look at the pictures below, "Comol Rico" is violating the rules, while "Almeria Lykes" has her flags oriented correctly.
http://www.armed-guard.com/comolric.jpg

http://www.armed-guard.com/almerial.jpg

Ping Jockey
03-14-09, 06:01 PM
Just loaded your mode for the Arrow Tanker. Looks really good!! Sank 3 of them around EC-12 in March 1942. Keep up the good work!:salute:

iambecomelife
03-15-09, 08:34 AM
Just loaded your mode for the Arrow Tanker. Looks really good!! Sank 3 of them around EC-12 in March 1942. Keep up the good work!:salute:

Thanks! FYI I just finished a roughly similar steam tanker based on the "Byron D Benson" (sunk on April 4, 1942). Look out for it in the final version of the Merchant Fleet Mod.

http://www.armed-guard.com/byrondbe.jpg

http://www.armed-guard.com/43201.jpg

KeybdFlyer
07-17-09, 05:33 PM
Just been reading through this thread as the version of the mod I have is 1.0 and is causing CTD for me. I see it has been revised to v1.2, but the link given (to Filefront) is dead. Anybody got another link I could try? Or maybe send me the mod as a 7-Zip (or WinZip, or WinRaR or anything)? I'm dearly looking forward to seeing this ship, but can't as yet. Thanks in advance. :DL

Wulfmann
07-18-09, 11:22 AM
Filefront says this file does not exist. Is there another link?? Or, is this a temporary problem (noted as a possibility at Filefront)

Great looking tankers:yeah:

Wulfmann

iambecomelife
07-18-09, 05:57 PM
You can get the Arrow Tanker, plus many other merchant ships, at this link:

http://www.filefront.com/13794822

Guys, let me know if you still experience any problems.

KeybdFlyer
07-19-09, 02:59 AM
The link worked just fine, it's d/l as I type. Many thanks for that IABL :salute:

Wulfmann
07-19-09, 09:04 AM
I am guessing that last link was for more than just the tankers.

I can link to it but,

I am on dial up so will have to wait for a trip to the library to get that.

Thanks,

Wulfmann

keltos01
08-28-09, 01:56 AM
You can get the Arrow Tanker, plus many other merchant ships, at this link:

http://www.filefront.com/13794822

Guys, let me know if you still experience any problems.

nice ship, but shouldn't the stern be less rounded and more sloped as in the photographs ?

keltos

iambecomelife
08-28-09, 02:20 AM
http://www.nc-wreckdiving.com/WRECKS/DIXIE/DIXIE_ARROW_3.jpg

Yes; I think it should be a little more sloped. I suppose it was a good approximate model for the time, though.

It is going to be replaced by a newer model as soon as I can find the time, along with any Merchant Fleet Mod ships that are of WWI - early 1920's vintage.

gamer025
02-05-10, 06:38 PM
This merchant fleet mod is for SH3 right?

HW3
02-05-10, 06:43 PM
Yes :yep:

virtualpender
02-05-10, 06:48 PM
Has anyone attempted to use the MFM in SH4? Any tricks or advice?

Sailor Steve
02-06-10, 12:24 PM
Some (all?) of the ships have been converted and alread appear in Op Monsun.

Starforce2
02-13-10, 05:59 PM
am I the only one who can't download this?

iambecomelife
02-14-10, 12:51 AM

The download has expired; I will try a reupload tomorrow (with some nice extras) :arrgh!:.

Starforce2
02-14-10, 02:34 AM
click my sig and upload it there. Same host..no expiration. If you got any other ships I'd sure like those too, esp if they all look as nice as this one.

Plissken_04
02-14-10, 03:46 AM

Download it from my Mediafire Site.

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=c00e4fc6296493c0391d7d881749d3a702e9656f 132a091dc95965eaa7bc68bc

Maik

Starforce2
02-15-10, 12:04 AM
do you have threads for each of these so I can grab the pix for them?

shadow_wxh
12-09-20, 01:40 PM
https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/aa366/shadow_wxh/Arrow_Class_Tanker_Record.png?width=285&height=175&fit=bounds&crop=fill

shadow_wxh
12-09-20, 03:14 PM
[UnitClass]
ClassName=AOT
UnitType=101
AppearanceDate=19161201
DisappearanceDate=19590207
DisplayName=Arrow Class Tanker

[Unit 1]
Name=Dixie Arrow
DOC=19210929
DOD=19420326

[Unit 2]
Name=India Arrow
DOC=19210317
DOD=19420205

[Unit 3]
Name=China Arrow
DOC=19201001
DOD=19420205

[Unit 4]
Name=Java Arrow
DOC=19210524
DOD=19461224

[Unit 5]
Name=Japan Arrow;Renamed American Arrow after Peal Harbor Attack
DOC=19201124
DOD=19460207

[Unit 6]
Name=Broad Arrow
DOC=19171222
DOD=19430109

[Unit 7]
Name=Levant Arrow
DOC=19211001
DOD=19381214

[Unit 8]
Name=Royal Arrow
DOC=19161201
DOD=19590207

[Unit 9]
Name=Standard Arrow
DOC=19170822
DOD=19470101

[Unit 10]
Name=Sylvan Arrow
DOC=19180105
DOD=19420520

[Unit 8]
Name=Yankee Arrow
DOC=19210101
DOD=19481001

The US mobile steam tanker named ** Arrow build around 1916-1921 with GRT 7700~8400 some of them are sister ships.
All similar design of this kind of the ship active during WWII made by the US ship builder that I could trace is around 70