PDA

View Full Version : Crew on deck?

planecrazydale
06-25-08, 03:46 PM
Hi all,

Sorry if this has been brought up previously (the search didn't turn anything up).

One of the (only) things I really liked about SH4 was the crew moving around on the decks of surface ships. :yep:

Now that SH3 has the lifeboats and such, would it be possible to do a mod that would also allow crew on decks in SH3 (GWX)?

Or would that be too much of a frame rate killer?

Thanks very much,

Dale

von hally
06-25-08, 04:08 PM
Wow

theres an idea!!!

the lifeboat mod was simply brilliant. mutch more than a sum of its parts.

it may have been difficult to create...but man....surfacing amid a wreck and sailing past lifeboats with live crew in them was simply a massive boost for me......so simple (or not , im no graphic modder) but what a realistic twist to the campaign. Rubini...a SALUTE!!!

now your idea is a salivating prospect....surely christmas cant come that soon:up:

Madox58
06-25-08, 04:44 PM
It can be done.
But it involves several things.

1st
Animations need to be created.
This takes someone that knows what they are doing just to get the animations ready for import.
Then the actual import of those animations into a working dat.

2nd
Every unit that you want them on needs nodes added to place the animations.
Then the eqp files need corrected to allow them to appear.

Your talking about over 200 ships for GWX 2.1
:huh:

planecrazydale
06-25-08, 04:55 PM
Never thought of that....that would be a huge undertaking.

So I guess there is no way to just "mirror" the characters throughout all the ships?
(I know absolutely nothing about modding, just throwing an idea out there)

Or maybe just do some of the merchant stuff? (since the warships already have characters on board, those could be left for later perhaps?)

And I agree about the Lifeboat mod! Just excellent! :up:

Dale

LordNeuro"Serbia"
06-26-08, 01:31 PM
But it is a masive work, and i dont think theat any of thise miricale makers have the time too make a mod . But theat shore will be a wery nice thing too have in sh3. It will give the new dimension too sh3 and the life boats mod. But there is alveys a hope. In the begining nobady belived theat we will ever see a life boats in game and many athers mod. But thx too our mirical making addon makers there the r. So long live the hope , sh and modders.:up:

bigboywooly
06-26-08, 01:50 PM
Ref did place animated sailors on his New Orleans cruiser but took them off before GWX released

There was a video if only I could find it

Penelope_Grey
06-26-08, 02:53 PM
Oh I remember that... there was an anomoly as I recall with it... it made some peoples systems crash, and other people's worked perfectly... was an odd one was that.

planecrazydale
06-26-08, 03:29 PM
Ok, what about just making static crew, like on the warships? I know it wouldn't be quite as immersive, but it would still be pretty cool to see some signs of life on the merchants..(other then when crew are flying through the air after a hit!
:ahoy:

And I am guessing it may not be as hard? But like I said, I am sure not a modder, so maybe it's just as much work..:hmm: ?

Dale

bigboywooly
06-26-08, 03:37 PM
Every ship dat would still need extra nodes added for those sailors to be placed on
Animated or not

planecrazydale
06-26-08, 04:38 PM
Dang! Oh well.

I was just being greedy:nope: ...all the other mods are awesome enough!! :up:

Thanks all for your responses!

Dale

Madox58
06-26-08, 05:03 PM
If you look at some of the ships in 2.0 and 2.1?
There are a few with the needed node
for someone on the bridge.
;)

planecrazydale
06-27-08, 08:33 AM
Hi Privateer!

Oh, so you would just enable it..kind of like how you could enable static deck crew in IL-2 PF? (I think you just changed a line from a 0 to a 1 or something like that)

Would you be able to tell me what "node" or line I should be looking for and under what file name? (and what to do to change it?)

I would really appreciate the help! :yep:

Thanks very much!

Dale

asanovic7
06-27-08, 12:25 PM
If I am not mistaken, in community ships add on, people are added the way mikhayl just described? Right?

planecrazydale
06-29-08, 11:04 AM
Thanks guys for the info!

I will give it a shot.

All of you modders are the best! :up: :up:

Dale