PDA

View Full Version : [REL] WB News Network

Wreford-Brown
06-11-08, 09:34 PM
WB News Network will keep you informed of historical events and order you to take part in missions in GWX 2.1. It consolidates and supercedes the following four mods:
Lehmann Times
Lehmann Radio News
GWX 2.1 Mission Orders
GWX 2.1 Warning Orders

On your loading screen you will receive Warning Orders of impending operations and news of recent events through SH3 Commander. As you patrol you will receive messages ordering you to take part in missions scripted into GWX 2.1 and informing you of international news.

dcb
06-11-08, 11:38 PM
Many thanks, WB.:rock:

Jimbuna
06-12-08, 07:52 AM
Very nice http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/thumbsup.gif

wizardmatt
06-12-08, 05:49 PM
hey:up: WB.
it was a good idea to consolidate yer mods. im mid patrol now, so i'll install the latest version when im next back in port.
lehmann news is working great, very immersive. still a bit early in the war for mission orders tho

rifleman13
06-26-08, 09:44 AM
Love GWX since I love getting into historical events! This should warn me of such operations and keep the ambience!:up:

BUT one question...

What do you mean by the SH3Cmdr's Cfg files by "Most Recent" and "Chronological"?:hmm:

Thanks for the mod and the replies!:rock:

von hally
06-26-08, 11:23 AM
D/L now wereford

great work again:up:

bigboywooly
06-26-08, 02:42 PM
Nice work

Again :up:

Wolfehunter
06-26-08, 07:46 PM
That sound pretty cool.:hmm: :up:

von Zelda
06-27-08, 01:46 PM
What do you mean by the SH3Cmdr's Cfg files by "Most Recent" and "Chronological"?

Hey WB, which file do we install in SH3Commander? Most Recent? or Chronological? and what is the difference between the two files as to game play?

Thanks, looking forward to your reply.

Alex
06-27-08, 02:09 PM
:o

Awesome ! :rock: :know:

Tango589
06-28-08, 05:48 AM
Found this in the read-me file:

Content:
There are two versions of WBNN SH3 Cmdr for the loading screens - 'Most recent' gives the most recent news first and 'Chronological' gives news in chronological order.

So I guess you can take your pick.

rifleman13
06-28-08, 07:17 AM

Content:
There are two versions of WBNN SH3 Cmdr for the loading screens - 'Most recent' gives the most recent news first and 'Chronological' gives news in chronological order.

I posted that question because I read through the readme and still didn't got it.:doh:
So chronological order means every event that has and is going to happen is displayed?
AND
So recent news first means only the event that is near the start date is going to appear?

I'm very confused?:doh:
Need a drink!:()1:

Wreford-Brown
07-04-08, 03:59 PM

Content:

I posted that question because I read through the readme and still didn't got it.:doh:
So chronological order means every event that has and is going to happen is displayed?
AND
So recent news first means only the event that is near the start date is going to appear?

Apologies for the delay in replying - I've been moving from Canada to the UK and have been without internet for a while:down: .

Either Most Recent or Chronological can be put into SH3 Commander depending on your preference.
Most Recent list the events with the most recent first, so it's the same as grabbing a bunch of newspapers, starting at todays date and reading back to the earliest.
Chronological lists the events with the earliest first so you're reading the newspaper from the oldest to the most recent.

Hope this clears things up.

WB

Jimbuna
07-05-08, 05:22 AM
Moved from Canada to uk :hmm:

Should one presume your now anchored in Belfast ?

Wreford-Brown
07-05-08, 06:53 AM

Overlooking the port and calculating the tonnage...

rifleman13
07-05-08, 08:11 AM

Content:

So I guess you can take your pick. I posted that question because I read through the readme and still didn't got it.:doh:
AND

Apologies for the delay in replying - I've been moving from Canada to the UK and have been without internet for a while:down: .

Either Most Recent or Chronological can be put into SH3 Commander depending on your preference.
Most Recent list the events with the most recent first, so it's the same as grabbing a bunch of newspapers, starting at todays date and reading back to the earliest.
Chronological lists the events with the earliest first so you're reading the newspaper from the oldest to the most recent.

Hope this clears things up.

WB
This is crystal clear!:lol:

Thanks for the explanation!:up:

Jimbuna
07-05-08, 09:31 AM

Overlooking the port and calculating the tonnage...

Tis a lovely area now that real investment has been provided to rebuild the infrastructure. :up:

Wreford-Brown
07-05-08, 11:00 AM
@ rifleman13 - You're welcome, now go and sink some ships.

@ jimbuna - You can often tell how an area is doing by the number of cranes working on the city, and the Belfast skyline is full! It looks like the bad times of Harland & Wolff etc. closing down are over and the city is really prospering.

Jimbuna
07-05-08, 02:41 PM
@ rifleman13 - You're welcome, now go and sink some ships.

@ jimbuna - You can often tell how an area is doing by the number of cranes working on the city, and the Belfast skyline is full! It looks like the bad times of Harland & Wolff etc. closing down are over and the city is really prospering.

Pleased to hear it....my wife and daughter visit on average, twice ayear and they inform me the city centre (in many places) is one of the best they have visited in the UK.