OLD VERSION REMOVED

THIS IS NOT THE NEW VERSION PLEASE SEE DOWN THE PAGE

filefront download only ...

http://hosted.filefront.com/phoenix1957/

your Comments are welcome :yep:

Phoenix3000
05-20-08, 08:49 AM
Hi Phoenix!

I like the idea of your mod, but is there a screenshot? I get the message 'Transferring data' so I thought maybe there was, but after a few mins nothing happens.

What exactly does it change?

Also, does this work with OLC's GUI?

Cheers!

Px3000

SeaWolf U-57
05-20-08, 09:12 AM
it changes the toolbar on the map screen to coloured icons

i have never used OLC's GUI but unless the map screen layout is diffrent then in GWX is should.

did you say you cant see the screen shot

SeaWolf U-57
05-20-08, 10:08 AM
If you have the above version and you are happy with it thats ok but this is the final version....

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/7519/newpicture8cropef2.png

this is the version you will now get if you go to get the download from now on.

http://hosted.filefront.com/phoenix1957/

NGT
05-20-08, 03:52 PM
Hi Phoenix,

very nice the tools, thank you.

But, despite your statement in post #4 above, you left inside the folder [Phoenix1957_Map__shortcutd.rar] the OfficerA.tga with buttons...:hmm: (and without OfficerB.tga)

No problem, I took out this one and I use the JCW version (already 32 downloads for this one from your address in FF). It is perfect with your mod.

I hope you continue moding...

SeaWolf U-57
05-20-08, 05:13 PM
dam it ...:damn: thats because i used my own base file for the full completed mod if anybody else wants to remove the officer buttons open the files and remove the OfficerA.tga file ..
sorry for that..:oops: i will amend the file now.

SeaWolf U-57
05-21-08, 03:11 AM
yes i can only agree with you about JCW officer icons they are really good and they do fit nicely with all the new shortcut bars i am just playing around with the icons at the moment the buttons make a nice change and add more colour to that part of the screen. i might even make a set that are good and release them to you

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/314/newpicture7na3.png

The above picture shows JCW's officer icons in use.

just look at the skin job on that VIIC ...Hell...The VIIC skin and the IXB.1 skin HOW THE HELL DO WE DECIDE BETWEEN THEM ....VENATORE and lets not even go into Elite U-boat Uniforms there are so many good ones and then 100's of splash screens........Oh hell i need a cup of tea

SeaWolf U-57
05-21-08, 08:26 AM
as i said These will be the one's i will use..

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/259/newpicture20iconszm5.png

i like them but what do you think

Tuddley3
05-21-08, 08:31 AM
Every time I blink my eyes, you have a new mod out. Outstanding work mate :up:

Your Tool Bar goes nicely with my Cursor Mod .

SeaWolf U-57
05-21-08, 08:39 AM
thats great im glad you like it

von hally
05-22-08, 01:49 PM
truelly excellent phoenix

a great add on...and yes it does go well with tudleys pointer mod

me is very happy:smug:

Ktl_KUrtz
09-26-08, 03:48 PM
Great Mod Mate!:up:
Beats the usual White/Grey/Black!
I have been using your old version for sometime and I really like it!
Am D/l new version now.
KUrtz

SeaWolf U-57
09-26-08, 08:06 PM
Great Mod Mate!:up:
Beats the usual White/Grey/Black!
I have been using your old version for sometime and I really like it!
Am D/l new version now.
KUrtz

thanks i just tweeked it a little bit because i think these icons match better..

mainexpress
10-13-08, 06:16 PM
this is just a very rough try just to show you :up:

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/7597/newpicturepp0.jpgThanks phoenix for your reply and help,where do i find that SH3 officer icons? is it a folder somewhere? so i can edit.Sorry im kind of new at this stuff.
ok i will clean them up for you and i will tell you here when they are ready what officers do you want and where ???? :hmm:I dont know ,I guess the ones you got in the picture look pretty good to me.I just want to learn how to do this on my own
Ok Then lets talk you through it …..First open your local disk C (your hard drive) then open program files then the Ubisoft folder… then open silent hunter 3 folder when its open you should see a folder called Data open this one….. look down the list until you find the Menu folder and open it then the Gui folder and finally the Layout folder …………..in this folder you should find a TGA file called OfficerA this is a picture of the officer icons that the game uses so copy this file out into a work folder in your documents so as to protect the game files if you mess up. You can now work on the TGA file if you have a program that can edit this kind of file if not you will need to change it to bmp or a Jpeg now you are half way there..

Next open the file officer icons by thorn and remove the officer pictures file from there again you need to edit this so as you now have all the officer pictures as singles ( so you can place them on the officerA picture). Windows paint can be used to place the icons on the officerA bar it helps if you re-size each icon so as the first size indicator reads 41mm at this size they will fit without reducing them while placing them as this can cause the icon to appear fuzzy

Then all you have to do is paste them onto the OfficerA picture replacing the picture that is already there and there you go done once you have finished and save it back into your work folder and don’t forget to change it back into a TGA file you can now work on the Thorns officer mod folder ………

Open the folder then click on the data folder then Menu on the right hand side of the screen you should now see just a folder called data …..click any ware on the screen and add a new folder and call it Gui ..
Then open the Gui folder and add a new folder and call it Layout
Open the Layout folder and place the new OfficerA TGA file into it
Then go back to the SH3 folder and from were you got the officerA TGA look below it and copy the OfficerB TGA into your new Layout file also.
There you go done
Sub notes …….if you are using Vista you will have to copy the Off faces by thorn folder into you work folder as well then once completed copy it back into the Mods folder ( don’t forget to disable the mod and the re-able it so as the changes can take effect). Happy Modding and good luck and I hope to see some new Officer icons from you soon Bye for now
Pps if you don’t make it I will still do it for you just ask Ok :up: Wow thanks phoenix for taking the time to try and explain this too me,Im kinda stuck on the second paragraph,where you said open the officer icons file by thorn and edit these as singles and then use windows paint to put them on the officerA bar, ive never used windows paint before so im not sure what to do here?And how do you make them singles?:hmm:I did backup that OfficerA.tga file though in my Documents SH3 folder.
the second paragraph .....if you open the folders in off faces by thorn you will find a folder called ofaces. this folder contains a Jpeg of all the faces used and also there are individual pictures as well so if you want you can use those....if you use the jpeg you need to crop out and resize each face as above :up:

you dont have to use windows paint if you have a diffrent progam that can do this then use that :yep: .......all you do is open the officerA picture then use paste from option to place the cropped faces onto the officerA picture ;)Hi phoenix im trying this out again,in windows paint you click on image then attributes,then in units it gives you different options, do i use pixles,cm or inches.And what size should these be in width and height?Also how do i make these pictures singles?I noticed in size you said 41mm?

mainexpress
10-14-08, 02:56 AM
Hi Mainexpress have you got Nero 7 smartsuit install on your computor it all would be so much more easy if you have :hmm: if not i will talk you through it using paintI do have a nero {oem suite} disc,that has nero express 6.6 on it.would that work?maybe i can update to 7 from there.

SeaWolf U-57
10-14-08, 08:17 AM
Here is a better program if you have it Microsoft office picture Manager :up:

mainexpress
10-14-08, 09:28 PM
Hi Mainexpress have you got Nero 7 smartsuit install on your computor it all would be so much more easy if you have :hmm: if not i will talk you through it using paintI do have a nero {oem suite} disc,that has nero express 6.6 on it.would that work?maybe i can update to 7 from there.

Ok sounds good if you open up the Nero program do you have a quick link to “photo and video” and then if you moved the slider along is there a sub program called “edit your photos” if there is we will be well on our way :up:. if you do i can start the step by step guide.:yep: Hi phoenix thanks again m8 for your generous help.I found the photo and video link,and also the edit your photos link too in my nero program:up:Im ready for the next step.

SeaWolf U-57
10-15-08, 07:26 AM
Ok Mainexpress sorry for the delay but I have just run a couple of dry runs just to make sure this way will work ok. Ok so here goes using Edit Your Photos in Nero

First prepare you work folder …..you said that you have managed to copy the OfficerA icon bar to your work folder. What you need to do is change it from a TGA file to a Jpeg picture …..to do this just open it using Edit Your Photos in Nero (EYP.N to save typing) and then use the Save as option to save it back into your work folder using the bottom save option to change it from a TGA file to a Jpeg ok then that picture is ready..

Next open EYP.N using the open file option go to the Officer icons by thorn file then to the data menu data then finally ofaces….in this folder there are officer faces already singled you only need 6 of them so pick which ones you like all the single pictures are named 11,12,13 and so on….

I know you have opened the officer icon using EYP.N and it look Crap don’t worry its because it has been in large by EYP.N ( it thinks well all have bad eyes) now there is a black portion at the bottom of the icon we do not want….so look across at the options there you will see an option CROP (crop means to cut) so click this and a portion of the icon will now have a dotted square showing on it point to the corner of the dotted area left click it and pull it out to fit around the picture part of the icon you can click on and pull any corner and side too….once you are happy with the positioning of the dotted area press the apply button…. There you have cropped it
If you look at the top bar you should see three magnifying glasses use the middle one this will change the icon to actual size there now it looks good….now back on the right hand side you will find an option called RESIZE (Ha can you guess what this will do Yep you got it) click it and again on the right hands side you should now see an new set of options. Use the Pixel Dimensions to change the size ..change the top value (x) to 41….if all has gone well the bottom one should change to >52< give or take.. Wow that’s the first one done all you have to do now is Save as to your work folder don’t forget Jpeg. Do the same for all 6 icons you want..

Ok now for the easy bit open your work folder point to the officerA jpeg version and right click it and open it using paint ..once open you can use the magnifying glass to make it a size you can see to work on better but not too big then use the EDIT tab on the top toolbar and then select Paste from option use this to go to your work folder and choose the first officer icon you want to place….once selected it will appear some ware on the officerA picture just pick it up and put it in place ……again do this for all six when finished click save (the icons should cover the icon that were on the bar if they don’t and leave a piece showing just touch it up using the pain functions).. ok done.
Don’t forget to use the EYP.N program to open the new officerA bar and turn it into a TGA file and save it back to your work folder.

Ok then finally Open the officer icons by Thorn folder then click on the data folder then Menu on the right hand side of the screen you should now see just a folder called data …..Right click any ware on the screen and add a new folder and call it Gui ..
Then open the Gui folder and add a new folder and call it Layout
Open the Layout folder and place the new OfficerA TGA file into it you will also need to return to the layout folder in SH3 and copy the OfficerB TGA file into your layout folder as well there you are done

Sub notes …….if you are using Vista you will have to copy the Off faces by thorn folder into you work folder as well then once completed copy it back into the Mods folder ( don’t forget to disable the mod and the re-able it so as the changes can take effect). Happy Modding and good luck and I hope to see some new Officer icons from you soon Bye for now
Pps if you don’t make it I will still do it for you just ask Ok

SeaWolf U-57
11-08-08, 03:55 PM
Sorry about my fuzzy none sharp icons.....i have reworked them as shown below

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/6489/newpicture1ir3.jpg

SeaWolf U-57
11-08-08, 04:58 PM
how about this version then ?????
http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/592/newpicture3cropedww0.jpg

all comments are welcome :up:

SeaWolf U-57
11-09-08, 09:02 AM
new icons download suspended for now sorry.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/592/newpicture3cropedww0.jpg

new version as seen above

jaxa
11-09-08, 10:07 AM
Looks quite good, I've just looked for new icons. I would change only the last icon (external view), I don't see what's this - should be uboot overview in my opinion.

SeaWolf U-57
11-09-08, 10:23 AM
Looks quite good, I've just looked for new icons. I would change only the last icon (external view), I don't see what's this - should be uboot overview in my opinion.

yes i see you meen the freeview icon at the bottom i am still looking for a good picture to put in this one thats why i have taken new icons download off line at this time

jaxa
11-09-08, 11:11 AM
May be camera (especially old type from WW2) instead of uboot?
Another suggestion - second icon (periscope view) should have exactly periscope view, now it's binocular or UZO.

SeaWolf U-57
11-09-08, 02:14 PM
May be camera (especially old type from WW2) instead of uboot?
Another suggestion - second icon (periscope view) should have exactly periscope view, now it's binocular or UZO.

:hmm: i did change the icons as you sugested but to be honest it stinked i like them the way they are and as it seems no else doe's i wont be putting them on the download page but i will continue to use them myself ...

back to spud bashing

jaxa
11-09-08, 02:37 PM
Keep up your work, I like it and want to use :up:

SeaWolf U-57
11-09-08, 02:52 PM
Keep up your work, I like it and want to use :up:

ok putting on the download page oh ho were did my link go ???:hmm:

jaxa
11-09-08, 03:24 PM
In first version of your mod icons weren't enough sharp - could you fix it, please?

SeaWolf U-57
11-09-08, 03:32 PM
In first version of your mod icons weren't enough sharp - could you fix it, please?

cant upload my file to filefront for some reason:hmm:

jaxa
11-11-08, 08:34 AM
Good work Phoenix1957 :up:
Could you make version for Integrated Orders too, with all new coloured icons? I'll be very happy (not only me I suppose).

SeaWolf U-57
11-11-08, 10:28 PM
Could you make version for Integrated Orders too, with all new coloured icons? I'll be very happy (not only me I suppose).

HHMMMM:hmm: Integrated Orders ......very very small icons used there

SeaWolf U-57
11-12-08, 08:37 AM

:up: well then Jaxa time to be happy has arrived because take a look below …..

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/8117/newpicture5ss0.jpg

oh yes integrated orders in colour enjoy while I go and sleep !!.
always a pleasure to make someone happy :up:
will be on my download page shortly

Edited......Ok please take note this download is the full program not just the icon files so you dont need to have GWX intergrated orders also running as this may cause problems.
also contained it this mod are the Phoenix1957 officer icons and the Map tools so no need for seperate versions of those running.

Edit 2...The main program is still GWX Intergrated orders i just added coloured icons
Edit 3 ....avalible here..http://files.filefront.com/Phoenix1957+Coloured+Intesrar/;12348267;/fileinfo.html

jaxa
11-12-08, 11:23 AM
You did it! Fantastic, you make me happy Phoenix1957 :D
Thanks a lot, Kamerad :up:
I must wait for returning to port to try it.

PS. Camera icon is very good.

SeaWolf U-57
11-12-08, 11:34 AM
Fantastic, you make me happy Phoenix1957 :D
Thanks a lot, Kamerad :up:
I must wait for returning to port to try it.

PS. Camera icon is very good.

please read the notes at the bottom of the picture
you can enable it anytime but just to be sure always best in port :up:

any comments welcome good or bad :rotfl:

Jimbuna
11-12-08, 12:55 PM
I like your colour icons....and have responded to your PM http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/thumbsup.gif

SeaWolf U-57
11-12-08, 01:18 PM
I like your colour icons....and have responded to your PM http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/thumbsup.gif

thankyou most kind :up:

jaxa
11-12-08, 02:03 PM
I did fast review without enabling (don't want to destroy my career) and I think it's a good start point for making Phoenix1957's Coloured Integrated Orders Icons Mod (or Phoenix1957's Coloured Icons Mod) "must have" for players. Some icons should be changed in my opinion (deck gun aiming point icons for instance), some only redesigned for making them easier to understand (knuckle maneuvres icons), rest are quite good. Superb work captain, don't stop at this level. :up:

PS. You should write readme.txt for this mod, because some people want to enable only coloured icons and some use all possibilities of integrated orders.

SeaWolf U-57
11-12-08, 02:50 PM
I did fast review without enabling (don't want to destroy my career) and I think it's a good start point for making Phoenix1957's Coloured Integrated Orders Icons Mod (or Phoenix1957's Coloured Icons Mod) "must have" for players. Some icons should be changed in my opinion (deck gun aiming point icons for instance), some only redesigned for making them easier to understand (knuckle maneuvres icons), rest are quite good. Superb work captain, don't stop at this level. :up:

PS. You should write readme.txt for this mod, because some people want to enable only coloured icons and some use all possibilities of integrated orders.

yes yes as i always say this is integreated orders version 1 and yes some of the icons do need replacing i will keep a look out for good replacements and you never know version 2 ??.
if anybody comes across a picture or part of that would make a good icon tell me about it :up:.

jaxa
11-12-08, 03:03 PM
:up:

SeaWolf U-57
11-14-08, 05:44 AM

yes yes as i always say this is integreated orders version 1 and yes some of the icons do need replacing i will keep a look out for good replacements and you never know version 2 ??.
if anybody comes across a picture or part of that would make a good icon tell me about it :up:.

Version 2 now on download page 6 diffrent icons :up:

SeaWolf U-57
01-30-09, 02:45 AM
some changes have happend to My icons mods
firstly the map tools now have an updated version of Tuddleys cusors for GWX3.0 mix with them ....

the screen shots shown are not from GWX3.0 but the updated mods are for that version

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/7519/newpicture8cropef2.png

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m65/tuddley3/Helpful%20Screens/Eraser.jpg

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m65/tuddley3/Helpful%20Screens/Pencil.jpg

they go together Dam well .

the sidebar and officer icons have been updated also...

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/7937/newpicture12ca2.jpg

at this time the only version available is the combined mod (all icons) and it will be called Phoenix1957&Tuddley Combined mod and it will be availble only from the BtS-mods site CLICK MY BtS SIG to find it when it is released ..i will also be releasing the single files with the updates soon.

Check out the new pictures for this mod on my pages on BtS click the check this out link on my sig

SeaWolf U-57
01-30-09, 04:26 AM
i am getting a bit sick of using File front to store my mods :nope:
its slow messes about and im sick of those dam pop-ups. but now take a look at this BtS-Mods i was asked if i would like my files to be stored on there site and then given a signature bar with a direct like to the files HHmmm...lets check it out i just clicked my sig and i was taken straight to the download page see the screen shot..

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/3246/newpicture13fo3.jpg

i just scrolled down the page untill i found my file then all you have to do is click it and the download starts straight away how easy is that :yeah:
a much better way and Russ and Tuddly would be only too pleased to host all mod file on there site check it out

SeaWolf U-57
02-01-09, 12:41 PM
both of the above threads are now out of date check out the new way of doing things its alot better to be sure:yeah:

coronas
02-01-09, 04:52 PM
Thanks, Phoenix! Working for better! :yeah:

SeaWolf U-57
02-01-09, 04:54 PM
Thanks, Phoenix! Working for better! :yeah:

thanks trying :yeah:

urfisch
02-01-09, 05:11 PM
nice icons!

:yep:

SeaWolf U-57
02-02-09, 01:32 AM
I am running both versions to test them out and so far no problems the two new files will be called Phoenix1957…for the normal icons and Phoenix1957& …..screen shots follow..

This is Phoenix1957&

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/7159/standardscreenbg7.jpg

And this one is Phoenix1957 integrated orders.

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/3598/intergratedordersda7.jpg

both of these versions have Tuddleys Cursors integrated into them.
Check out these screens...

The main Cursor...

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/3063/torpcursorsw0.jpg

The Pencil...

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/3339/pencilnd4.jpg

The Eraser...

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/5157/eraservu1.jpg

the Draghand...

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/9996/draghandcm5.jpg

And the Toolbar...

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/5638/toolbarep9.jpg

When i used Tuddleys Cursors i found that the plotter was off-set to the position it was plotting but no more its been fixed.....

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/1487/plotterev7.jpg

hope you like the look of it. it will be on the download page as soon as I can do it..

Sailor Steve
02-06-09, 05:12 PM
Phoenix, those look great! I'm glad to see more folks are starting to use BtS to store their mods.

SeaWolf U-57
08-05-10, 08:07 AM
Just digging up this old thread to let you know a new set of shortcut
Icons are now up on my page and so is the map tools icons

http://www.silenthuntermods.com/forum/index.php?topic=236.0

;)

SeaWolf U-57
08-15-10, 08:33 AM
New loading screens mod

http://www.silenthuntermods.com/forum/index.php?topic=236.15

:03:

Magic1111
08-16-10, 06:07 AM
New loading screens mod

http://www.silenthuntermods.com/forum/index.php?topic=236.15

:03:

Looking very nice, I like it !!! :up:

Best regards,
Magic:salute:

SeaWolf U-57
08-16-10, 06:26 AM
Looking very nice, I like it !!! :up:

Best regards,
Magic:salute:

Jimbuna
08-16-10, 01:48 PM
Very nice http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/thumbsup.gif

SeaWolf U-57
08-16-10, 02:11 PM
Very nice http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/thumbsup.gif

Thanks again with the sad post JCWolf has put up this week I am pleased
You like this Mod as it will carry one of his creations on
( also thanks to Venatore for his picture) :salute: