PDA

View Full Version : French ASW frigate tactics

iborg
05-03-08, 12:38 AM
A really good and informative article on the Latouche-Treville, a Marine Nationale ASW frigate. Full of info on how real world ASW is done.
It's in French though :cool:
http://www.meretmarine.com/article.cfm?id=107468

SeaQueen
05-03-08, 11:46 AM
Full of info on how real world ASW is done.
It's in French though :cool:

Thank god for Babelfish... instant bad translations for anglophones.

Kapitan
05-12-08, 02:56 PM
French ASW tactics?

Dont they just cast off then surrender?

iborg
05-12-08, 06:26 PM
French ASW tactics?

Dont they just cast off then surrender?

Wow, somes jokes don't get old it seems...
I heard that USN ASW practice consists in dropping fat people as depth charges and broadcasting Oprah with their active sonar ! The soviet sailors couldn't stand it and committed suicide inside their subs.

Alex
05-12-08, 07:23 PM
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/2263/rofl3bp1.gif

Kapitan
06-12-08, 09:12 AM
seems its the only way cause according to the news none of the french navy has any fuel to go to sea :D

nemo67
06-13-08, 01:48 AM
When you do not know what you're talking about it remains silent:shifty:

Some mission regarded as non-priority have simply been cancelled, due to higher oil prices

Kapitan
06-13-08, 11:14 AM
i understand fully missions of national importance come first over national pride i respect the french navy for what they do to protect thier country.

HOWEVER

i do not agree with thier policy on terrorism in which a terrorist attack can be met with nuclear weapons.

I dont not like the fact they supplied an anglo french missile to our enamies argentina in the falklans in 1982

I do not agree with many other poilicies they have.

I am 100% sure the feeling is mutual however like every person in the "free" world i reserve the right to critisize, and i do believe this is what both french british and indeed many other national powers are trying to exercise at this point in time.

nemo67
06-13-08, 02:58 PM
I understand your feeling, French policies like that of other countries have made good and bad things.

But I do not think it is necessary to discuss political on this forum.

We are a community of player leave politics to our elected;)

Kapitan
06-13-08, 03:30 PM
agreed