PDA

View Full Version : ASDV

MR. Wood
04-26-08, 04:57 PM
Is there a way to make a ASDS for when you have the seals on board like the DSRV? I'm thinking of like instead if launching rubber boat launch the ASDS.
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/ship/images/asds-ssn-766-2.jpg

Reaper51
04-27-08, 06:08 AM
You've never played a mission with the DSRV in it have you? That would be too much of a pain.

OneShot
04-27-08, 06:36 AM
Since the DSRV doesnt work properly it would be no good to try and include the ASDS ... even tho it would be nice to have.

MR. Wood
04-27-08, 10:36 AM
oh I under stand Dose anyone mabe have a model of the asds that I can swap for my dsrv I just think it would look cool on the back of the sub.

TLAM Strike
04-27-08, 03:14 PM
I wonder what would happen if we made a new loadout for a sub that had a DDS and two SEAL units?

Adding a ASDV would be easy its just having a doctrine that works right to make it work...

Maybe in the LWAMI mod verson after the next one! :lol:

MR. Wood
04-27-08, 03:51 PM
That would be sweet

SeaQueen
04-30-08, 05:33 PM
I wonder what would happen if we made a new loadout for a sub that had a DDS and two SEAL units?

The thing is, from a scenario perspective, what could you do with two SEAL units that you couldn't do with one? Since the details of special operations are beyond the scope of the sim, effectively a single SEAL team is just a placeholder for a special operations force of indeterminate types and sizes. It could be Navy SEALs, it could Marine Force Recon, or any other special operations force you could (or couldn't?) name, except for maybe special operations aviation.

TLAM Strike
05-01-08, 02:13 PM

The thing is, from a scenario perspective, what could you do with two SEAL units that you couldn't do with one? Since the details of special operations are beyond the scope of the sim, effectively a single SEAL team is just a placeholder for a special operations force of indeterminate types and sizes. It could be Navy SEALs, it could Marine Force Recon, or any other special operations force you could (or couldn't?) name, except for maybe special operations aviation.

Insertion at two diffrent points.

Or large scale SOF missions that require more than one RHIB like in Patrick Robinson's USS Seawolf.

Did I just mention a Robinson book as a reason for changing something in DW? :doh:

Just shoot me now... :roll:

Kookee
06-07-08, 04:31 PM
Yeah, but seawolf wasnt the best read perfectly honest...

i mean, I really don think a cruiser is going to EVER want to brush up aside of a destoryer at flank, NOR would every ship out there can max out at the same speed.