PDA

View Full Version : Mods you Reccomend for Noobs

Breeze
03-26-08, 02:14 PM
What type of mods or what mods do you guys think are good ones that help out the new people or are just great mods period???

Ducimus
03-26-08, 02:17 PM
Im going to hazzard a guess... but probably TMO, and then with training wheels mod over top of it.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6421019045/m/4281098036

wetwarev7
03-26-08, 02:31 PM
There are good ones out there, though I usually recommend playing the stock version for a while and downloading/installing mods 'as needed'. That's just the way I do it. :up:

Rockin Robbins
03-26-08, 02:47 PM
I recommend running the game naked for awhile to get a feel for what you're changing. All the stuff you'll want to change later is there to help you get over the near vertical learning curve that comes when you open the box. Don't even consider something like TMO until you can appreciate it, not curse at it.

So I prescribe 1 month without mods to learn the game and get your bearings.

Prescriptions from Dr Rockin Robbins rarely have undesirable side effects such as vertigo, tremors, nausea, convulsions, paralyisis and death, just like sugar pills! If these symptoms appear, please discontinue Dr Rockin Robbins' prescription immediately and see your physician.

FIREWALL
03-26-08, 02:59 PM
I always recommend one mod if your a SH-3 player coming over to SH4.

CCIP's setkey mod. It's a keymap mod to make SH4 easier to learn based on SH3 keymap.

BTW Welcome Aboard :D

Ducimus
03-26-08, 03:30 PM
Don't even consider something like TMO until you can appreciate it, not curse at it.

Heh, true, TMO by itself, would be a newbies nightmare. I can hear the "WTF?!?!" screams from here. The mod i mentioned to run overtop of it thou, is Dgrayson making the game easier (Playable) for his grandson. So my assumption is it would be a good ride for the rookie.

Deimos01
03-26-08, 04:19 PM
I recommend running the game naked for awhile to get a feel for what you're changing. All the stuff you'll want to change later is there to help you get over the near vertical learning curve that comes when you open the box. Don't even consider something like TMO until you can appreciate it, not curse at it.

So I prescribe 1 month without mods to learn the game and get your bearings.

Prescriptions from Dr Rockin Robbins rarely have undesirable side effects such as vertigo, tremors, nausea, convulsions, paralyisis and death, just like sugar pills! If these symptoms appear, please discontinue Dr Rockin Robbins' prescription immediately and see your physician.

PFFFFT! I went right from the training missions to TMO. I cant find anything to sink, and if I do find something I couldnt hit it if I was in spitting distance, and the DD's seem to know no Im there before I do, but dammit thats how I roll ......:doh:

Seriously, ya its too late for me now but it would be a good idea to get a handle on the game before going to the advanced mods.:yep:

McBeck
03-27-08, 03:42 AM
There are good ones out there, though I usually recommend playing the stock version for a while and downloading/installing mods 'as needed'. That's just the way I do it. :up:Second that - play stock for a while, then you will be much better equipped for deciding what mods to apply...

Type941
03-27-08, 06:34 AM
yes, my view is if you start modding the game up and you are a noob, start with the visual upgrades to make the game prettier. Then move on to other things mentioned above.