PDA

View Full Version : Notepad like in SH3???

Able72
03-24-08, 11:40 PM
I was wondering if any of you knew if there was a mod for SH4 that would implement a notepad like you had in SH3.

If you don't remember or don't know, on that notepad was information about your target's speed, distance, and ship type.

Anyone?

M. Sarsfield
03-25-08, 10:24 AM
I'd like to see an editable captain's log, again.

The 1.5 add-on has the notepad for the u-boats.

Able72
03-25-08, 03:34 PM
one would think it shouldn't be to hard to port that over to the american subs eh?

panthercules
03-25-08, 08:35 PM
I'd like to see an editable captain's log, again.

The 1.5 add-on has the notepad for the u-boats.

I wish they had implemented an editable captain's log as well. While we wait for them to do that (SH5 maybe?), you can at least use the same trick we originally came up with for SH3 and I then ported to SH4 to let you create custom log entries between missions/sessions and have them show up in game the next time you play - check out this thread for an explanation of the custom entries approach (including how to enlarge the clipboard to display your longer entries better):

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=518378#post518378

As noted in that thread, I got it working for SH4-1.4, but I haven't had any time to buy or play the add-on yet, so I don't know if they changed anything that messes this up for version 1.5. Even if they have, it's probably just some simple tweaks to the menu_1024_768.ini file that would be needed to get it working again.

Good luck!

M. Sarsfield
03-26-08, 11:12 AM
Pnather,

That's a nice trick, but I was hoping to keep logs during the mission to record things like who shot down what aircraft, who got wounded when the boat got DC'd, etc.

Also, I thought that the pencil marks on the map were supposed to have editable tags. It would be nice to put a time stamp next to an X when you're tracking contacts over long periods of time.

panthercules
03-26-08, 08:56 PM
Yeah - it would have been nice if they would have implemented the ability to actually make notes on the nav map (I think it was on one of the early lists of proposed features but they must have run out of time or run into some problem programming it 'cause it's never worked), and some ability to make log entries while in game really would be nice. The closest I've been able to come to it is to create a template in MS Publisher that uses some graphics from the conning tower or captain's cabin surrounding a text box - by alt-tabbing to it, I sort of have the feel of still being in game and making my log entries, and then I can use the method outlined in that thread between play sessions to get those entries to show up in the in-game log display during the next play session.

Klugey, but better than nothing.