PDA

View Full Version : Are you a HillPublican?

Von Tonner
03-23-08, 06:42 AM
This has already been confirmed in the Texas primary that 100,000 Republicans came out and voted for Hillary. Now some analysts are saying that even in Missisisippi as much as 25% of her vote could have been HillPublicans. The reason given is plausible and makes for clever politics. If this does not shake the super delegate tree and put a stop to this, what will?

"Some pundits are calling them the HillPublicans. They are hardcore Republicans who are going against their previous political beliefs and voting for Democratic presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton."

http://www.mg.co.za/articlePage.aspx?articleid=335295&area=/breaking_news/breaking_news__international_news/

Platapus
03-23-08, 06:49 AM
Yes, but they are not voting for Senator Clinton because they want her for President. They are, in their opinion, voting for the weakest opponent. This way, their candidate, Senator McCain, would run against Senator Clinton. It the belief of some GoP strategists that Senator Clinton will be a more easier opponent for Senator McCain to beat.

This is entirely different from the number of disillusioned republicans, such as myself, who, while still republican, will be voting for the Democratic candidate because they do not want Senator McCain for President.

Voting for the "opposite" in the primaries as a way to skew the election is nothing new. People have been doing that ever since there have been open primaries.

I have not come across any data that would indicate that this "cross voting" had any significant impact on an election.

Von Tonner
03-23-08, 07:09 AM
Yes, but they are not voting for Senator Clinton because they want her for President. They are, in their opinion, voting for the weakest opponent. This way, their candidate, Senator McCain, would run against Senator Clinton. It the belief of some GoP strategists that Senator Clinton will be a more easier opponent for Senator McCain to beat.

Precisely, that is what the article is getting at. They are voting for her to set the Democratic Party up. 1) It continues the cat fight and 2) they just might get Clinton nominated - which is the contender they believe they can shoot to hell and back.

I will try and look up the reference on Texas. What I found interesting is that she won Texas by that amount of votes.

nikimcbee
03-23-08, 07:42 AM
This has already been confirmed in the Texas primary that 100,000 Republicans came out and voted for Hillary. Now some analysts are saying that even in Missisisippi as much as 25% of her vote could have been HillPublicans. The reason given is plausible and makes for clever politics. If this does not shake the super delegate tree and put a stop to this, what will?

"Some pundits are calling them the HillPublicans. They are hardcore Republicans who are going against their previous political beliefs and voting for Democratic presidential hopeful Hillary Clinton."

http://www.mg.co.za/articlePage.aspx?articleid=335295&area=/breaking_news/breaking_news__international_news/

I'm still curious how our favorite Texan voted?:cool: :hmm:

Tchocky
03-23-08, 08:58 AM
She didn't win Texas, Obama came out with more delegates. EDIT - ah, yes, she won the primary and that's what ye are talking about. My brain ain't working this afternoon

Oh, and I think Rush Limbaugh could be in court for urging Republcans to vote for Hillary. 'tis a felony on a certain state, can't remember where I read it.
Cursed late-night interweb surfing, can't remember a damn thing :p

The WosMan
03-23-08, 09:24 AM
It is illegal in Ohio to switch because when you join a political party in Ohio you swear an "Oath of Allegiance". The big stink is coming from Cuyahoga County (the county I live in unfortunately) and the strong Democrat apparatus which continues to ruin the economy and run Cleveland into ground but never loses thanks to big labor. I highly doubt they will do anything about it because:

1.) That law is stupid and wouldn't hold any water in court and would likely be found unconstitutional

2.) Would be a rallying cry for Republicans and would probably give Limbaugh another 10 million listeners on top of the 20 million he already has.

I know plenty of Republicans that engaged in "operation chaos" :smug: and when they vote for McCain in November they can use the excuse that while they have sworn allegiance to the Democrat party now, they feel that only Sen McCain represents their views.

Personally I don't like McCain and wish we could have got someone else but Clinton or Obama would both do far more damage to this country. If McCain was smart he would chose a very young and very conservative Republican as a VP because I can't see the guy being a 2 term President.

nikimcbee
03-23-08, 09:28 AM
It is illegal in Ohio to switch because when you join a political party in Ohio you swear an "Oath of Allegiance". The big stink is coming from Cuyahoga County (the county I live in unfortunately) and the strong Democrat apparatus which continues to ruin the economy and run Cleveland into ground but never loses thanks to big labor. I highly doubt they will do anything about it because:

1.) That law is stupid and wouldn't hold any water in court and would likely be found unconstitutional

2.) Would be a rallying cry for Republicans and would probably give Limbaugh another 10 million listeners on top of the 20 million he already has.

I know plenty of Republicans that engaged in "operation chaos" :smug: and when they vote for McCain in November they can use the excuse that while they have sworn allegiance to the Democrat party now, they feel that only Sen McCain represents their views.

Personally I don't like McCain and wish we could have got someone else but Clinton or Obama would both do far more damage to this country. If McCain was smart he would chose a very young and very conservative Republican as a VP because I can't see the guy being a 2 term President.

Yeah, I heard a rumor someplace that he was only going to run for one term.

Trex
03-23-08, 10:34 AM
Originally Posted by nikimcbee
Yeah, I heard a rumor someplace that he was only going to run for one term.

The last politician to duck out when there was still time on the clock was Cincinnatus. Don't bet the mortgage on that one.

Letum
03-23-08, 10:51 AM
What are the most important things to know about her?
What politicians does she resemble?

Anyone got a link to a voting record for her?

Hylander_1314
03-23-08, 11:22 AM
I'm done with being a good Dem or Rep. They both fail miserably, accept for their own agendas. And I'm tired of those who go to Washington to rule, instead of represent.

So I've made it a personal guideline to be a good American instead.

And as my Dad would say when I asked him who he voted for, his reply was it's none of your d@** business.

There are some websites like numbers usa, and grassfire where you can find the info you're looking for. Another that may have voting records is jbs dot org.

Platapus
03-23-08, 01:04 PM
It is illegal in Ohio to switch because when you join a political party in Ohio you swear an "Oath of Allegiance".

Are you serious? If this is true it is another reason I would never live in Ohio.

I refuse to swear any oath of allegiance to any political party. My allegiance is to the United States of America. Specifically there is this little tattered old piece of paper, signed by a bunch of dead guys, called the Constitution that holds my Allegiance.

I may choose to support or subscribe to one political party or another as I see fit. But to require me to swear an oath of allegiance to a political party is deeply disturbing to this ole American.

Platapus
03-23-08, 01:06 PM
I'm done with being a good Dem or Rep. They both fail miserably, accept for their own agendas. And I'm tired of those who go to Washington to rule, instead of represent.

So I've made it a personal guideline to be a good American instead.

Count me in there with you!

joegrundman
03-23-08, 09:23 PM
A bit off-topic, but err..how does being a good american differ from being a good person?

Camaero
03-24-08, 12:39 AM
A bit off-topic, but err..how does being a good american differ from being a good person?

Depends on the perspective of the person you are asking I guess.

Blacklight
03-24-08, 12:16 PM
Trying to skew the election like this is definitely DIRTY politics at it's worst. :nope:

Von Tonner
03-25-08, 07:37 AM
Trying to skew the election like this is definitely DIRTY politics at it's worst. :nope:
After all said and done, I would have to agree with you. It does open the system up for abuse.

Texas Primary Totals Democrat Hillary Won by Republican Crossover Vote Texas Exit Poll Data Rick Casey Columnist Houston Chronicle Rush Limbaugh Dick Morris Strategy Paid Off for Republican McCain (http://dancingfromgenesis.wordpress.com/2008/03/07/texas-primary-totals-democrat-hillary-won-by-republican-crossover-vote-texas-exit-poll-data-rick-casey-columnist-houston-chronicle-rush-limbaugh-dick-morris-strategy-paid-off-for-republican-mccain/)

Hillary Clinton said on Fox and Friends that no Texas Republicans crossed-over to vote for her, to prolong the race so that the democrat candidates will continue to vet each other, beating each other down, all to the benefit of the Republicans, but Hillary is so far off the mark that it vividly displays her pride and stubbornness, as if she would not welcome republican votes under any circumstances, as she denies that the Republicans caused her to win in Texas.
Houston Chronicle columnist Rick Casey reports today that of the roughly 3,000,000 voters in the Texas Democrat Primary, a whopping 700,000 did not cast votes for a Democrat U.S. Senate candidate, which portrays the obvious, there were no Democrat senatorial candidates for whom those 700,000 wanted to vote. And why is this? Well obviously, the vast majority of them were Republicans!
Hillary won by about 100,000 votes, so for her to say that no Republican support caused her victory is one of the strangest statements you will ever want to hear. It’s as plain as the nose on her face, but she’ll never acknowledge it, as she will try to fool her supporters into thinking they did all the heavy lifting in the Texas primary for her big win, like a sneaky mother fooling her kids for a ”greater purpose.”

August
03-25-08, 11:10 AM

The Democrats have been doing just that to the Repubs here in Rhode Island for years.

Hylander_1314
03-25-08, 07:17 PM
I don't see anything where I made reference to being a good person or a bad person. I made reference to not being a good Dem or Rep.

I made reference to being a good American. To me that means paying attention to all the candidates, and especially the Independents, as they tend to lean more towards the foundations our once great nation. Except the commies of course.

But let's not forget what Madison said, there has never been a democracy that did not commit suicide.

Tchocky
03-25-08, 08:12 PM
Accept the commies of course.

Somehow I doubt this is what you meant :p

Hylander_1314
03-26-08, 09:01 AM
Thanks Tchocky,

A little tired from work, and working on two estates for family that are gone.