PDA

View Full Version : RSRDC, Another day, Another Patch.

lurker_hlb3
03-21-08, 05:46 PM
Without going into a lot of details, “Configuration Management” (CM) for RSRDC has gotten out of hand. With the current 5 versions I’m trying to support, it was only a matter of time before I started make major screw ups with the various versions.

Therefore effect immediately I’m dropping all support for RSRDC that runs under version SH4 V14. The current v14 versions will remain up on my Filefront site for now, but I’m going to remove them effective 1 April.

There are another set of patches for the SH4 V15 versions that are going up today to correct more problems that have been found. I know that I just posted a set of patches yesterday and I sorry I have to release “another” set today, but when you “mix and matches” files across versions your going to get “burned”.

Today’s patch corrects the following problems

The Campaign.LOC file from RSRDC causes U-Boats to spawn in building/piers when the user selects the “start at tender” option.
The Camgaign.cfg file for TMO version of RSRDC left out some campaign layer that are unique and are required to run TMO correctly.
I hope this the last time something like is going to happen.

Lurker

Go to the first post in the RSRDC thread for links to RSRDC_V355_Patch2 & RSRDC_V371_Patch3.

Link

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=667498&postcount=1

swdw
03-21-08, 05:57 PM
Without going into a lot of details, “Configuration Management” (CM) for RSRDC has gotten out of hand. With the current 5 versions I’m trying to support, it was only a matter of time before I started make major screw ups with the various versions.

What I find absolutely amazing is that you were able to go this long and keep all of that stuff straight.:o

My hat's off to you for how smooth you've been able to make maintaining so many versions for the users:up:

THE_MASK
03-21-08, 06:06 PM
Hey Lurker , do i apply patch RSRDC_V355_Patch2 over the top of patch 1 . or do i uninstall patch 1 from JSGME and then apply patch 2 .

Meridian
03-21-08, 06:41 PM
Thanks for taking the time to delve into it and provide a fix Lurker. :rock:

lurker_hlb3
03-21-08, 07:09 PM
Hey Lurker , do i apply patch RSRDC_V355_Patch2 over the top of patch 1 . or do i uninstall patch 1 from JSGME and then apply patch 2 .

ALL patches are "roll-ups" deinstall & delete old patch, install new patch

silent killer
03-21-08, 07:53 PM
:up: thanks lurker,you are working to hard on these mods to rsrd to make them compatible with other mods, take some time out. thanks again for your fine mods

Charlie901
03-21-08, 10:35 PM
Thanks for making this great Mod!

Will you be changing the main RSRD file versions for 1.5 stock and 1.5 TMO to include the latest patch in the future?

scrapser
03-22-08, 01:41 PM
All these patch version are getting confusing. I have SH4 1.5 with the TMO Mod plus the two TMO SP files (1a and 2). Is the patch "RSRDC_V371_Patch3" meant to be used with the lates TMO for SH4 v1.5? I ask because the previous file had TMO as part of the name (like this...RSRDC_TMOv15_V371).

If it is, do I install over what I already have or deinstall and just use RSRDC_V371_Patch3?

Again sorry I have to ask. I'm sure you're getting overwhelmed trying to manage everything.

Thanks

DrBeast
03-22-08, 01:52 PM

Therefore effect immediately I’m dropping all support for RSRDC that runs under version SH4 V14. The current v14 versions will remain up on my Filefront site for now, but I’m going to remove them effective 1 April.

Sad news this dropping support of 1.4, but there's only so much a single person can do. You and Ducimus are heroes :yep:

All these patch version are getting confusing. I have SH4 1.5 with the TMO Mod plus the two TMO SP files (1a and 2). Is the patch "RSRDC_V371_Patch3" meant to be used with the lates TMO for SH4 v1.5? I ask because the previous file had TMO as part of the name (like this...RSRDC_TMOv15_V371).

If it is, do I install over what I already have or deinstall and just use RSRDC_V371_Patch3?

Again sorry I have to ask. I'm sure you're getting overwhelmed trying to manage everything.

Thanks

Correct, 37x versions are for TMaru for 1.5. Deinstall any previous patches and install only the latest (it's cumulative).

scrapser
03-22-08, 03:15 PM
Correct, 37x versions are for TMaru for 1.5. Deinstall any previous patches and install only the latest (it's cumulative).

Thanks for clearing that up mate.

Torps
03-22-08, 08:01 PM
This ones for you!

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=815981&postcount=1821

M. Sarsfield
03-22-08, 10:08 PM
Lurker,

Do these patches include the Destroyer Sensors and Radar mod that you and Kakemann created?

lurker_hlb3
03-22-08, 10:33 PM
Lurker,

Do these patches include the Destroyer Sensors and Radar mod that you and Kakemann created?

Yes it does. But just the versions that I created

NKVD-crazyivan
03-23-08, 02:55 AM
:up: :up: To get this perfect from what a understand....you apply the main RSRDC_TMOv15_v371.........then all i do is enable 371_patch 3.....

These of course are add last after TMO,TMO SP1a and then SP2...

Thank you Lurker your mod is awesome..........

DrBeast
03-24-08, 08:00 AM
:up: :up: To get this perfect from what a understand....you apply the main RSRDC_TMOv15_v371.........then all i do is enable 371_patch 3.....

These of course are add last after TMO,TMO SP1a and then SP2...

Thank you Lurker your mod is awesome..........

Yes, that is correct. And yes, it is :yep:

AlmightyTallest
03-24-08, 09:13 AM
What exactly is the Destroyer Sensors and Radar mod that you and Kakemann created?

I'd like to read more about it :)

DrBeast
03-24-08, 09:19 AM
What exactly is the Destroyer Sensors and Radar mod that you and Kakemann created?

I'd like to read more about it :)
Read all about it here (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=132134).
Uh...no, I'm not lurker's secretary, I just happen to have a lot of answers for questions that lurker can't answer right now (unless he gets up UNGODLY early in the morning) :rotfl:

AlmightyTallest
03-24-08, 09:29 AM
lol, thanks for the link DrBeast, much appreciated.

I thought it was a fix or a total reworking of the Radars for Japanese shipping. I'm guessing RSRD already had those fixes for Japanese ships though.

DrBeast
03-24-08, 09:32 AM
lol, thanks for the link DrBeast, much appreciated.

I thought it was a fix or a total reworking of the Radars for Japanese shipping. I'm guessing RSRD already had those fixes for Japanese ships though.

The IJN Type 13 Radar fix has been part of RSRDC for quite a long time now. Way back from Phase I, if memory serves. Corrects the issue of Japanese merchants carrying Type 13 Radar, again if memory serves (it usually doesn't, I'm afraid!).

M. Sarsfield
03-24-08, 09:36 AM

How does your version differ from the combined radar/sensor mod?

lurker_hlb3
03-24-08, 07:15 PM
How does your version differ from the combined radar/sensor mod?
Kakemann released his version about 2 minutes before I was about too. His first version had only the sonar fix, I had both. What I used is the one I was going to release.

NKVD-crazyivan
03-26-08, 05:32 AM
Lurker does your latest mod release cover TMO SP1b and SP2........

I love your mod by the way awesome effort.................imagine if the game Gods took all your stuff and Ducis as well as others and put it into the one big kick ass game like they should have.....and payed you lot for it we would need less patches.........and have a game that would truley be worth what we paid for it.....

I still can't believe they released the 1.5 add on (U-Boat Career )with american voices and compass etc...etc...... bloddy minded money makers who only half care about us gammers........

its the modders who are the real workers doing so much to bring a good game with its bugs and all to dam near perfection................:up: :up: :up:

i salute you all........

lurker_hlb3
03-26-08, 06:46 AM
Lurker does your latest mod release cover TMO SP1b and SP2........

Yes it does