PDA

View Full Version : A public service announcement...

Ducimus
03-17-08, 04:03 AM
FAQs, Readme files, and Information posted in a mods "publishing post" are not just for looks. A modder doesnt go through the trouble of typing any form of documentation for no reason at all.

Please read a mods Publishing post before downloading. Don't just click the download link and expect the mod to do something it wasn't intended to do. In addition, consult a mods readme file or FAQ before asking a question.

For the last couple weeks, i think alot of modders (including myself) have been doing this:
http://www.ducimus.net/sh4/facepalm.jpeg

That is all.

Thank you for your attention.

Digital_Trucker
03-17-08, 10:31 AM
:rotfl: Attention, I'm too broke to pay attention:p Good point though:up:

Sailor Steve
03-17-08, 10:47 AM
The bad news: I did exactly that with JScones' latest release a couple of days ago.

The good news: I realized what I had done and altered my post to make fun of myself for doing it.

Still RTFM seems to be more and more common these days.

rebel5555
03-17-08, 10:49 AM
Don't you hate it when know one reads the readme. Then, posts saying they have a problem, that was explained in the readme.

By the way how can a Frenchman have a Scottish Accent? (Number 1, set course for the Neutral Zone.)

Sailor Steve
03-17-08, 10:55 AM
Don't you hate it when know one reads the readme. Then, posts saying they have a problem, that was explained in the readme.
Yes, but we also hate it when someone feels the need to quote an entire post, including pictures.
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=133210

DavyJonesFootlocker
03-17-08, 11:47 AM
Why is Ducimus bald?

A bit OT here- Did you correct the bad grammer on the order letter at the start of the campaign?

Report to duty at....

Should be corrected to...

Report for duty to...

Ducimus
03-17-08, 03:25 PM
Why is Ducimus bald?

You'll find a great example of why i made this thread in the uboat addon forum. :damn: :damn: