03-14-08, 11:26 PM
I want to know where I can get this 450 mm deck gun as well! :rotfl:

FIREWALL
03-14-08, 11:33 PM
I don't care about Who,What,Why,or Where.:D

I just wanna see a screenshot of this Mutha :yep:

gimpy117
03-14-08, 11:52 PM
ok maybe i stated the sizes wrong....sorry to rain on your parade...

ok it's the bigger stock deck gun not a mod....sorry (maybe you'll have to do that one :D)

anyways, on 1.4 my gun canoot be manned by my crew.....

Lagger123987
03-15-08, 12:18 AM
I think gimpy means the 4 in deck gun not a battleship gun.

gimpy117
03-15-08, 01:00 AM
yeah...thanks although that would be fun any leads to why my sailors won't man it?
maybe they are scared that it may be a 405 MM....I wouldn't wanna be near it too when it goes off:huh:....

in all seriousness...any leads???
there aren't even slots for manning it in the crew management (its on the stern by the way)

Nisgeis
03-15-08, 02:59 AM
for some reason my crew will not man a 450mm deck gun
they will however use a 350mm

is this normal....anybody got a fix???

I have in the past had lots of trouble getting two deck guns installed. I take it this is a single gun though? What boat class and what year, also any MODs? Stern or bow gun?

gimpy117
03-15-08, 12:40 PM
1943, USS Balao (i bet you can catch the class)
4 inch deck gun aft...

DrBeast
03-15-08, 01:24 PM
Did you, by any chance, change the position of the deck gun? If memory serves, the default position of the DG on Balao-class boats is fore. If that's the case, I fear you've been struck by a damn bug that's been plaguing SH4 since Day 1.

gimpy117
03-15-08, 01:37 PM
yeah i did...uh-oh.....

DrBeast
03-15-08, 01:41 PM
Hope you're modding-savvy. If you feel up to it, try out the solution proposed in this thread (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=639652&postcount=14).

ETA: And I have to PAY for the next patch, when stuff like this aren't fixed yet? Bleh!

gimpy117
03-15-08, 02:23 PM
Hope you're modding-savvy. If you feel up to it, try out the solution proposed in this thread (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=639652&postcount=14).

ETA: And I have to PAY for the next patch, when stuff like this aren't fixed yet? Bleh!

i know...i guess they've found a shure fire way to squeeze out cash from SH4:make players pay for bug fixes. :nope:not. cool we paid for a game where the content works...and we don't wanna pay more to fix them....

maybe we should petition for a 1.5 patch without the u-boat part

Hartmann
03-15-08, 06:38 PM
Well , itīs because the 405 mm shells are too heavy compared with the 350 mm ammo. also the magazines are inside the sub and the gun have to be loaded by hand. :88)

the use of bigger ammo like 550 mm could be a big problem in a sub, :hmm:

Digital_Trucker
03-15-08, 08:16 PM
Gimpy, did this problem pop up when you started a career or when you updated your boat? Any time you change the deck gun, it will help if you move the gun crew out of the gun crew slots (you can temporarily put them in the damage control slots) before you make the changes. This was the work around for moving the deck gun from fore to aft or vice-versa, and it requires no modding skill. After you move the gun, put the crew back in the slots and you're good to go.

gimpy117
03-16-08, 12:15 AM
it was around all the way back when i added a 4 inch to may ol' gar....

SgtWalt65
03-16-08, 09:35 PM
WTF?? The U.S. Navy developed a submersible Iowa-class super battleship???:o

Good god man, how did he get a 18 inch gun ( 25mm = 1 inch or near abouts ) on a sub? Firing that thing would roll the sub even if he did manage to mount one...lol. :o :rotfl:

SgtWalt65
03-16-08, 09:41 PM
yeah...thanks although that would be fun any leads to why my sailors won't man it?
maybe they are scared that it may be a 405 MM....I wouldn't wanna be near it too when it goes off:huh:....

in all seriousness...any leads???
there aren't even slots for manning it in the crew management (its on the stern by the way)

I have the same problem with any stern gun in my game....( stock guns that is ). I think a mod must have boorked that at some point. Because mod free the spots for manning the gun are there but as soon as I mod it, there gone. But its no big deal, I just man it from the forward section and then switch it to the stern. The men disappear in the management screen but are still part of your crew and still manage the gun. Very wierd though. I have also noticed that if I have a bow mounted main gun and pick a twin 40mm AA gun for the front and then fire it, the game CTD's. But if the main gun is on the stern and the twin 40mm is left on the bow it want CTD firing it. Looks like the main gun and twin 40mm is interfering with each other somehow. Because if I do put the twin 40mm on the stern again with the main on stern it happens again. They cannot be on the same side of the conning tower together.