PDA

View Full Version : [REQ] Remove The New 1.5 Blinking Icons ??

Defiance
03-05-08, 03:35 PM
Hiya's,
Ok i get the need for the blinking icon when near a port for re-arm/fuel etc

But can the new icons that pop up in 1.5 be removed ??

Kinda takes away some realism with the you are underwater icon or the new orders recieved etc

So mod gods can anyone remove the new additional blinking icons from 1.5 ??

Or point in the right direction so i can have a mess around lol

Many Thanks

Have Fun

Def

Running 1.5 TM + PE + Some o foo's skins ohh andi think krillers ship/skin pack

danlisa
03-05-08, 04:02 PM
Always work from backup copies!

Do you know how to use Alpha Channels in a TGA or DDS file?

If you do, you can use the an alpha to make the notifiying icon transparent, therefore you wont see it.;)

To do this, you need to edit the HUD.dds file found in C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Silent Hunter 4 Wolves of the Pacific\Data\Menu\Skins\German\Gui\Layout (and the American Folder too).
Or......:p

You could use notepads search function and find the relevent entries in the menu_1024_768.cfg. Search for keywords : Message & Shallow.;) You should then be able to comment them out, using ( ; ) at the start of each line, after the = symbol. At least, that's how it worked in the past.

FYI, this is untested and after only 5 mins of file searching but should work.

Sorry I won't do this for you but I made a promise to myself.:)

AVGWarhawk
03-05-08, 04:03 PM
You can move them off the screen. I move them down to the lower right hand corner. I kind of like them. I like the battel station icon. It reminds me the crew is at battle stations.

Digital_Trucker
03-05-08, 04:14 PM
Yep, and if you wanted to just not see them at all, you could change the menu.ini file entries for the group and move them completely off of the screen. I believe they are called warnings, but I don't have my mitts on the addon yet, so I can't say for sure. I am pretty sure that they will be grouped together so that they can all be moved at once in the menu_1024_768.ini file.

danlisa
03-05-08, 04:32 PM
A lot of things can go wrong if editing the menu.ini, where as the HUD.dds fix is easily reversable/fixable if it doesn't work. Besides it's easier.

HUD.dds before edit with Alpha Channel visible:
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s64/danlisa_photo/HUDOriginal.jpg

HUD.dds after edit with Alpha Channel visible: (only need to enter Quick Mask and paint over the Icons with a brush).
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s64/danlisa_photo/HUDEdited.jpg

Again, this is untested but basically applying an alpha over the Icons means that the game will still call on them but nothing will be displayed on the screen.:up:

Digital_Trucker
03-05-08, 05:43 PM
A lot of things can go wrong if editing the menu.ini, where as the HUD.dds fix is easily reversable/fixable if it doesn't work. Besides it's easier.

Granted, lots of things can go wrong editing the menu.ini (as can go wrong with graphics file editing). menu.ini edits are just as easily reversible and require absolutely nothing other than notepad. It's all a matter of opinion.

ustahl
03-05-08, 07:08 PM
Have look in this thread http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=132032. From posting #6 onwards there's detailed advice how to move those tiny icons by editing menu_1024_768.ini.:yep:

There's a screenshot in the thread with the icons placed to the left of the speed telegraph, but if you want them completely out of sight you can move/hide them behind the telegraph or compas by changing the relevant value in the menu_.ini file. It happened to me while fiddling for the values to place them as in my screenshot.

The values vary of course depending on your screen resolution.

ReallyDedPoet
03-05-08, 07:14 PM
I actually like these :yep:, nothing wrong with having options though.

RDP

Defiance
03-05-08, 07:19 PM
Hiya's,
Cheers for the replies :)

Just don't seem right these new icons lol

Gonna try editing tomorrow as it's late here now and i'm at work in 6hrs :(

(just tried duci's new tm out or i'd of posted a thanks reply earlier)

Will let you know how i get on ;)

Many Thanks Guys

Have Fun

Ciao

Def

Defiance
03-06-08, 02:05 PM
Hiya's,
Looks like i sorted the blighters lol

went into Menu_1024 and sent the icons down to -950 lol

Aint seen any pop up since i've done this and i've been diving n surfacing

Am i right in thinking that by sending the Group warning box off-screen far enough that even if 2 or more pop up the grouping will/does all show where i put them off-screen ?? (hope this sentence makes sense lol)

I mean the warning box would that actually cover the whole family of icons ??

Anyways so far i'm a happy bunny

Here's the modded version

[G3F I115]
Name=Group warnings
Type=1026;Menu group
ItemID=0x3F0C0000
ParentID=0x3F000000
Pos=873,-15,100,32
Zone= 873 753 100 32 0 1 0x3F000000 0.95 -0.04 0x3F0C0000 -1 0.5 0 -950 (orig last bit read -1 0.5 0 0)
Color=0xFFFFFFFF

Cheers

Ciao

Have Fun

Def

Digital_Trucker
03-06-08, 03:16 PM
Cool, glad you got it like you wanted it. :up: Yep, you moved the whole group. That -950 figure dropped them down 950 pixels. Since they appear to show up in a row (horizontally), if that 950 pixels drop took them completely off the screen, you should not see them anymore no matter how many pop up. Of course, that also means if there is one that is of value to you, then you won't be able to get to it either:hmm:

Defiance
03-06-08, 03:37 PM
Hiya DT,
Well as far as the ones i encountered thus far it was basic the subs under water or new orders recieved or orders sent

Im hoping to have a closer look through the weekend (but i'm hoping to go hunting weather permitting :) ) for the whole lot of the new icons

Anyways i'm liking messing with the menu :)

Sorting some other settings to my liking :)

Cheers for the reply :)

Have Fun

Ciao

Def

Defiance
03-07-08, 10:44 PM
Hiya's,
Update..........

Mission accomplished :)

Ended up paintshopping the huds

After figuring how to use ps lol

And then finding how to save the final work as a usable alpha whatyamacallit lol

Pretty chuffed now as i've just got what i call normal icons port-refuel+arm/launch boat/ and what i assume is rescue/recover ??

Anyways i'm happy again

As i always use TM i assume the huds been messed with or i would release the mod (tell you the truth i can't recall what the stock hud looks like so i can't compare to find out he he)

Anyways Thanks for the help guys :)

Have Fun

Ciao

Def