PDA

View Full Version : Mines - TM 176

Zero Niner
02-13-08, 07:50 PM
A SH4 player posted this at another sim forum which I frequent:
Anyone else noticed Jap ships running into their own mine nets?

I have seen this twice, at Truk there were 2 DD's burning that I had not attacked and when I zoomed over there with the external camera I found the mines so I figured that as what happened.

Near Palau I was tracking a DD through the scope and the next thing I know he's blown up. Again I use the external camera to go over and see what is up and sure enough he is right on top of a line of mines, blown in half. And there is a sub chaser coming up fast straight for the mines so I just watch, I even here him sound collision alarm but he stops literally a couple of feet from the mines. He acted confused, backing, trying to turn etc. I watched a while then figured he would back away safely I went on and started sailing away, a few minutes later I noticed another red sunk ship icon right where the sub chaser had been.
Just a heads up to Ducimus.

RED JOHNSON
02-13-08, 09:04 PM

Does this problem with mines originate with the Stock game. Did any of the mods seek to adress this problem with the AI , or were they not aware of it's existance ?

Doolittle81
02-14-08, 01:30 PM
Where can I sail to find a minefield? I mean don't give away all the locations, as I want the intended surprise when it comes about....but for another purpose I'd like to take a look in a single mission at a minefield. Maybe send the coordinates of a minefield??

DrBeast
02-15-08, 07:40 AM
Where can I sail to find a minefield? I mean don't give away all the locations, as I want the intended surprise when it comes about....but for another purpose I'd like to take a look in a single mission at a minefield. Maybe send the coordinates of a minefield??

Open Jap_Minefields.mis with the Mission Editor. It's all there ;)