PDA

View Full Version : TM 1.7.6 and faulty torpedos ?

Jib01
02-11-08, 11:33 AM
"23.) I'm getting entirely too many faulty torpedos!!!

Yes, Tmaru now includes a modification to increase torpedo malfuctions. The stock torpedos were undeniably too reliable. In increasing torpedo malfunctions, it is the intent to make it more then stock, but less then the "hardcore torpedo mod", something which not everyone can handle. That said, modding torpedo failures for any consistant behavior, is incredibly hard to do. Even with stock, the game can have periods where every torpedo you fire is a dud, followed by a period with no duds at all. Except in stock, the "no duds at all" was 95% of the play. Suffice to say, if you run into a period with excessive duds, its not the mod, its the game behaving in decidedly inconsistant behavior, and the torpedo malfunction rate settings in Tmaru, do not reflect values used in the hardcore torpedo mod; the values used here, are infact, less."

================================================== ==============

With respect to this comment:

This is fine but there is no evidence that early torpedos were duds. Most of the problems were faulty depth problems and poor TDC evaluations. My question is has the torpedo setup in TM 1.7.6 been adjusted so as the war went on the torpedos got better and were more reliable as was the TDC training ???

Regards
Jib01
:shifty: :shifty: :shifty:

Webster
02-11-08, 06:06 PM
"23.) has the torpedo setup in TM 1.7.6 been adjusted so as the war went on the torpedos got better and were more reliable as was the TDC training ???

Regards
Jib01
:shifty: :shifty: :shifty:

i would say no after reading post #6 here: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=130754

it appears to show its all or none with reguards to turning dudes on or off.

LukeFF
02-12-08, 04:25 AM
This is fine but there is no evidence that early torpedos were duds. Most of the problems were faulty depth problems and poor TDC evaluations. My question is has the torpedo setup in TM 1.7.6 been adjusted so as the war went on the torpedos got better and were more reliable as was the TDC training ???
You have some reading to do, grasshopper:

http://www.ibiblio.org/hyperwar/USN/Admin-Hist/BuOrd/BuOrd-6.html