PDA

View Full Version : major graphics screwup

muppet
02-11-08, 01:49 AM
I HAVE JUST INSTALEED THE NEW PACIFIC MOD AND IT IS THE BEST ONE SO FAR ,BUT NOW I AM GETTING SMOKE ON THE WATER WHERE THERE IS NO REASON FOR IT TO BE THERE AND SOME FIRE APPEARS AS RED BLOCKS AND ALSO I HIT A DESTROYER WITH A TORPEDO AND I FLEW OUT OF THE WATER AND BROKE IN TWO LIKE GOD HIMSELF SLAMMED HIS FIST INTO IT.tHESE ARE MY MODS AND THE ORDER THEY ARE INSTALLED.
ROW MAIN LOAD SCREEN.
ROW OBJECT REFLECTIONS AND SEARCH LIGHTS.
ROW SOUND EFFECTS
ROW SPECIAL EFFECTS WITH STOCK ZONES
ROW SUB REFLECTIONS AND ROLL PITCH
SCAF1.1 NOMO CHRONO BETTER SCOPES
BS SIL RUN ALL MENUS
CBS NEWS SOUND MOD
DIALS GATO FIX
FEWER RADIO CONTACTS
REMOVE GRAIN EFFECT
SI HUD KIT
SI INTERIOR KIT
SI PERISCOPE TBT INTERFACE KIT
SI OPTICS
WARSHIPS RETEXTURED
SHIP POWER PACK
PACIFIC ENVIORMENT FOR ROW.

mAYBE I HAVE SOMETHING WRONG HERE?aNY AND ALL HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED.

THE NEW PACIFIC MOD IS THE BEST ,DAVE WOULD BE PROUD MATE!

P.S FORGIVE MY GRAMMER AS I AM DROPPIN TIRED .

kriller2
02-11-08, 02:39 AM
I HAVE JUST INSTALEED THE NEW PACIFIC MOD AND IT IS THE BEST ONE SO FAR ,BUT NOW I AM GETTING SMOKE ON THE WATER WHERE THERE IS NO REASON FOR IT TO BE THERE AND SOME FIRE APPEARS AS RED BLOCKS AND ALSO I HIT A DESTROYER WITH A TORPEDO AND I FLEW OUT OF THE WATER AND BROKE IN TWO LIKE GOD HIMSELF SLAMMED HIS FIST INTO IT.tHESE ARE MY MODS AND THE ORDER THEY ARE INSTALLED.
ROW MAIN LOAD SCREEN.
ROW SOUND EFFECTS
BS SIL RUN ALL MENUS
CBS NEWS SOUND MOD
DIALS GATO FIX
FEWER RADIO CONTACTS
REMOVE GRAIN EFFECT
SI HUD KIT
SI INTERIOR KIT
SI OPTICS
WARSHIPS RETEXTURED
SHIP POWER PACK

Thanks Muppet, I wish Dave was around to enjoy the new edition...
Anyway it sound like one of your mods is conflicting with another, what is the mod "Ship power pack" doing? - About the smoke shown where it shouldn't be, this might have to do with the darker smoke we implemented in the new edition, can I send you a file so you can test it and see if you still have the smoke issue not diappearing?

muppet
02-11-08, 10:50 AM
ROW MAIN LOAD SCREEN.
ROW SOUND EFFECTS
BS SIL RUN ALL MENUS
CBS NEWS SOUND MOD
DIALS GATO FIX
FEWER RADIO CONTACTS
REMOVE GRAIN EFFECT
SI HUD KIT
SI INTERIOR KIT
SI OPTICS
WARSHIPS RETEXTURED
SHIP POWER PACK

Thanks Muppet, I wish Dave was around to enjoy the new edition...
Anyway it sound like one of your mods is conflicting with another, what is the mod "Ship power pack" doing? - About the smoke shown where it shouldn't be, this might have to do with the darker smoke we implemented in the new edition, can I send you a file so you can test it and see if you still have the smoke issue not diappearing?

Sure no problem.Do you want my email or something?

I removed the ship power pack and it seems so far to have fixed the smoke problem but explosions appear corectly but the fire onboard the ships or water appear as red blocks instead of fire.

Ok back again.Ithink i have it narrowed down I think the pacific mod is conflicting with one of theses mods,

row object reflections and search lights
row sub reflections and roll pitch
special effects with stock zones,
I am pretty sure one of the are causing the fire to appear as red squares.

DavyJonesFootlocker
02-11-08, 12:19 PM
Ok I know it's an annoying question but where is this Pacific Mod? Made a search here but no go.

kriller2
02-11-08, 01:03 PM
I removed the ship power pack and it seems so far to have fixed the smoke problem but explosions appear corectly but the fire onboard the ships or water appear as red blocks instead of fire.

Okay, now I remember another user having the same problem, will PM you the "particles.dat" without the darker smoke in a sec.

Kriller2

kriller2
02-11-08, 01:03 PM
Ok I know it's an annoying question but where is this Pacific Mod? Made a search here but no go.

Try this ;)
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=130150

DavyJonesFootlocker
02-11-08, 01:24 PM
Ok, thanks. But one question. How will this affect Living Breathing Water? I used this to get away from those tidal waves which gave the boat it's super surfboard ability in the stock game.

Digital_Trucker
02-11-08, 01:57 PM

Okay, now I remember another user having the same problem, will PM you the "particles.dat" without the darker smoke in a sec.

Kriller2

I also remember some users having the problem. Try looking around here (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=732451#post732451) in the original ROW thread. It had something to do with the graphics files in the special effects I believe. Another spot to look at is here (http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?p=693517&highlight=blocky#post693517)

muppet
02-11-08, 02:12 PM
Ok I Just Figured It Out,the Pacific Mod Conflicts With The Row Mod Special Effects And StOck Zone Mod.

DavyJonesFootlocker
02-11-08, 02:34 PM
You mean if I use Pacific Mod then all the nice effects are gone if I have to uninstall ROW special effects?:nope:

Digital_Trucker
02-11-08, 03:55 PM
I'm using special effects and the pacific add on with no problem whatsoever.

muppet
02-11-08, 05:30 PM
I'm using special effects and the pacific add on with no problem whatsoever. Have you engaged in battle since you added the pacific mod?If so did you see the fire abord a ship ,not the explosion just the fire on the ship ?Mine appears as red blocks in stead of fire the only i can fix it is to remove the special effects mod.

muppet
02-11-08, 05:34 PM
how can i post a screenie of my mod enabler so someone might pick out something if anything i have done wrong.A fellow sailor says he plays with the pacific and the special effects mod with no trouble.But if i use the special effects mod with the pacific mod my fire turns into red squares.I might have mods installed in the wrong order or something.:arrgh!:

Digital_Trucker
02-11-08, 06:37 PM
Instead of a screenshot, just click "tasks" on JSGME and select "Export enabled mods list", then copy the text from the file that is created and paste it into a post.

And yes, I've engaged in many battles after enabling it.

One easy to check possibility is to check and make sure that you have "Ship Normal Maps" checked in your graphics options in the game. I remember some folks having problems with the special effects if they didn't use that setting.

muppet
02-11-08, 07:57 PM
Ok here is my activated mods list and they are in this order.

row main load screen
row sound effects
captian midnights cbs news mod
para b fewer radio contacts
warships retextured v1.3
si periscope and tbt interface kit
si optics kit
si interior kit
si hud kit
scaf 1.1 nomo chrono
remove grain effect
dials gato fix
bs silrun all menus
row object reflection and search lights
row sub reflection and roll pitch
pacific mod

Can any one see a problem with this list?And maybe tell me why i get red squares for fire if i use the row special effects mod.I have the normal ship maps checked.

Digital_Trucker
02-11-08, 08:53 PM
I don't see either of the ROW textures (section 5) anywhere in there. Don't know if that would cause your problem or not:hmm:

muppet
02-11-08, 09:30 PM
Thanks man i just enabled all of the texture row mods and it seems to be fixed now.Everything except row clouds and row sea foam.That sound good to you?

Digital_Trucker
02-11-08, 10:49 PM
Thanks man i just enabled all of the texture row mods and it seems to be fixed now.Everything except row clouds and row sea foam.That sound good to you?

Hey, whatever floats your boat (or in the case of those stuck with "Wild Night in Bangkok" whatever blows your skirt up).:rotfl:

Seriously, the clouds and sea foam are covered in K2's addon, so you're good to go. Glad it got worked out for you:up:

DavyJonesFootlocker
02-12-08, 08:07 AM
Ok, load up everything last night. No probs. Fires look fine and no blocks. The seas didn't change either.:up: Can't remember if you did anything with the fog but it appears much better. Wish the conning tower foam was there.