PDA

View Full Version : He is going "humanishing"

Skybird
02-07-08, 01:29 PM
Offcoast South Africa, a 3.5 m long White Shark has jumped onto a boat carrying a group of tourist. I saw the complete clip on two news programs. A short version can be seen here

http://www.bild.de/BILD/news/leserreporter/2008/02/06/hai-boot/urlaub-suedafrika,geo=3696412.html

From top to bottom, you will see one picture, clicking on it launches a slide show, However, what you want to see is the second picture below, touching it with your mouse cursor will indicate to you that it is a video plyer.

I apologize that it is Germany's tabloid "Bild Zeitung"'s website, which would give the story a bad reputation, but the news was on two major news programs this evening as well, so it probably is no fake, but true. The beast, they said on TV, stayed on board for over a minute. Neither man nor animal were hurt. the shark decided to jump out for an extra bite -. when the tour guard was instructing the tourists (or divers) on issues of - security :lol: .

I didn't find the clip at youtube so far.

Meanwhile, Kroatian authorities are worried by a white shark patrolling off the coast of Kroatia. :lol:

No raising panic about great whites by me, that is not my intention. I do not tend to demonzing animals, and do not see sharks as evil. If I would have a word in it, sharks would be unconditionally protected, and killing sharks would see very severe and hurting penalties.

AVGWarhawk
02-07-08, 01:39 PM
Gonna need a bigger boat:o

sonar732
02-07-08, 01:54 PM
There have been quite a few awesome videos of Great Whites over the past couple of years. I remember watching at video of a great white following a surfer thru the wave in South Africa. That, coupled with video of great whites flying out of the ocean attacking seals doesn't make it sound so unbelievable.

ReallyDedPoet
02-07-08, 01:55 PM
The Planet Earth series has some nice stuff with Great Whites :yep: These awsome creatures should be protected.

RDP

Skybird
02-07-08, 04:24 PM
The Planet Earth series has some nice stuff with Great Whites :yep: There awsome creatures and should be protected.
And if one can believe some shark researchers, they are by far not that dumb and aggressive a brainless beast, but quite the opposite: very curious, cautious, and intelligent. Its just that sharks play in a different way than humans. Nevertheless, where there is curiosity and playing, there is intelligence.

Question is if I would have the nerve to stay calm when playing with a big white. I better learn how to properly dive first. :smug: Nevertheless there are underwater threats that make me far more nervous when thinking on them, especially certain types of jellyfish - most beautiful (if not invisible) - but oho!

CCIP
02-07-08, 04:32 PM
Hilfe! Wir haben einen Hai an Bord!

There's one thing I would never want to hear in the middle of one of my SHIII patrols :rotfl:

Noone go modding that one now!

kiwi_2005
02-07-08, 05:15 PM
Jaws is back.