PDA

View Full Version : Rescue mission(Man-Overboard)Drill

donut
02-06-08, 09:01 PM
OSHA required,why,or have this mission been removed from campaign layers ? The crew,& I have not had this mission in 14 Patrols:huh:

Attached topic:anyone know the path,to find,& reset/mod torp doors open to
150 ft. ?:sunny:

Capt Jack Harkness
02-07-08, 02:36 AM
OSHA required,why,or have this mission been removed from campaign layers ? The crew,& I have not had this mission in 14 Patrols:huh:

Attached topic:anyone know the path,to find,& reset/mod torp doors open to
150 ft. ?:sunny:

Go into the Data\Submarine\ folder and then into the folder of the submarine you want to modify, then open the .cfg file (e.g. NSS_Balao.cfg) and you will find this text in the middle of the file:

[Properties]
PeriscopeDepth=16.8;meters
SnorkelDepth=16.8;meters
CrashDepth=61;meters
MaxDepth=241;meters
SurfaceDepth=9.92;meters
TorpLaunchMaxDepth=30;meters
StormConditions=9,0.1;max wind speed [m/s], max rain intensity [0,1]

TorpLaunchMaxDepth is what you're looking for; set it to whatever you want and repeat for each sub you want to modify.

donut
02-07-08, 03:14 AM
Thats been buging the tar outa me.:rock: 100 fT.To shallow RL:sunny: Let them Cuties swim up to those DD's:up:

dcb
02-07-08, 09:19 AM
I'll bump this thread because no answer has been given to the original question and this answer also interests me. So, please, can anyone say for sure if the rescue missions got removed by any patch or mod?

tomoose
02-07-08, 12:19 PM
TM doesn't mention taking the 'special' missions out and RSRD states that they are re-written so I'm guessing they're still in there. Having said that, I haven't had a pilot-rescue mission since I installed Patch 1.4. Perhaps it's just a matter of time.

Donner
02-07-08, 02:47 PM
Yes, they are still in there. I was just assigned to a lifeguarding mission out of Fremantle (Aug 1943). This is using TM and RSRD Phase III. :sunny:

dcb
02-07-08, 03:49 PM
Yes, they are still in there. I was just assigned to a lifeguarding mission out of Fremantle (Aug 1943). This is using TM and RSRD Phase III. :sunny:

Thanks for the answer. Good news:up: