PDA

View Full Version : Sensors

spyridon
02-02-08, 08:25 AM
I think that my contacts (from hydrophone) are unrealistic because I detect ships while on surface I can't even see them using TBT.

Where are the files which I can change ?

Shadow9216
02-02-08, 12:41 PM
Sound actually travels a good distance under water- wave propagation is better through water than air. Your hydrophones are probably not too powerful; often, screw sounds were the first indication a ship was near, well before smoke was visible.

DrBeast
02-02-08, 12:51 PM
Prior to patch 1.4, they were in Sensors_sub_US.sim, if memory serves. I haven't been tinkering with the sensors after patch 1.4, some things got moved around a bit, but I believe the hydrophone settings are still in that file. TMaru has just what you need, no hydrophone contacts when the sub is on the surface. Just grab the Sensors_sub_US.sim file from that mod and replace it (preferably using JSGME, or at least back up the original file first). The file is located in Data\Library\USSubParts. Good luck, patrida! :up:

spyridon
02-02-08, 01:40 PM
Prior to patch 1.4, they were in Sensors_sub_US.sim, if memory serves. I haven't been tinkering with the sensors after patch 1.4, some things got moved around a bit, but I believe the hydrophone settings are still in that file. TMaru has just what you need, no hydrophone contacts when the sub is on the surface. Just grab the Sensors_sub_US.sim file from that mod and replace it (preferably using JSGME, or at least back up the original file first). The file is located in Data\Library\USSubParts. Good luck, patrida! :up:

This is what I need! Thank you!:up:

AVGWarhawk
02-02-08, 01:45 PM
Sonar was used on the surface. It is way to good in the game. RL, the sub had to be at slow turns or totally stopped for the sonar to be effective. RFB has come up with a clever way to handle this.

DrBeast
02-02-08, 01:48 PM
Sonar was used on the surface. It is way to good in the game. RL, the sub had to be at slow turns or totally stopped for the sonar to be effective. RFB has come up with a clever way to handle this.

Ok, you've piqued my interest, I like all things clever! :D Any detailed info on how they did this? Did they change the max speed at which your hydrophone can pick up a signal?