PDA

View Full Version : TM 1.7.6 + NSM 4.0 crush depth

AlmightyTallest
01-31-08, 08:23 PM
Hey Guys,

I'm having a great time with this sim and all of the mods out there. I am having one small problem though.

I have TM 1.7.6 and I enjoyed using the Balao new construction campaign, I could test dive the ship to 600 feet.

I just today installed NSM 4.0 and tried the campaign again with the Balao, but she won't go deeper than 400 feet with NSM 4.0 installed.

Is there any way I could edit the files to get all of the submarine's dive capabilites back while still using NSM 4.0?

WernerSobe
02-01-08, 05:56 AM
Hey Guys,

I'm having a great time with this sim and all of the mods out there. I am having one small problem though.

I have TM 1.7.6 and I enjoyed using the Balao new construction campaign, I could test dive the ship to 600 feet.

I just today installed NSM 4.0 and tried the campaign again with the Balao, but she won't go deeper than 400 feet with NSM 4.0 installed.

Is there any way I could edit the files to get all of the submarine's dive capabilites back while still using NSM 4.0?

good point. i didnt touch the crush depts for sub compartments in nsm. NSM is based on stock sub damage system. Ill ckeck that out thanks.

WernerSobe
02-01-08, 06:28 AM
Ok this are the results...

i assumed that the problem could be in zones.cfg. But the comparison between both zones showed no difference in sub compartment system. So i made a deep dive test with balao. I could go to 700 when first damage appeared. It started making strange glas breaking sounds at 450 though. But there was no real damage it was just making that noise.

So the problem is not NSM related. I can still dive to 600+ with balao with NSM on top of TM1.7.6.

There are different eventualities.

1. You have a conflict with another mod?

2. You have mistaken the strange glas and pipe breaking sounds as damage? Check the damage control screen for real damage. Watch the hull integrity.

3. Your sub has been damaged before the dive or you took a depth charge when diving?

if you are unsure make a deep dive test with the balao in a single mission. Hope that helps

DrBeast
02-01-08, 06:51 AM
Each sub's crush depth is assigned in the respective sub's .zon file. Check the mods you have (and are activated after TM) to see if any of them alters those files. They're in Modname\Data\Submarine\NSS_Subname.

Taurolas
02-01-08, 07:32 AM
I think you will find that TM 1.7.6 has altered the crush depths on all subs

you might also want to check the subs.cfg file.

AlmightyTallest
02-01-08, 09:05 AM
Thanks for all the help guys, I reinstalled SH4, patched to 1.4 and installed the mods in a different order this time. I was able to use the 450ft depth meter in the Balao to get to that depth, but she won't go deeper unless I have only TMaru installed. And I can see the 600 ft depth meter while looking around the room in game, but I can't assign that depth to the ship.

At any rate, it's working pretty much for now, I'm able to complete the TMaru crush depth sea trial mission at least :)

Here's a list of my mods and the order they are installed:

warships_retextured_v1_3
ROW Sound Effects vs_8
ROW Hi Res Sea Foam
1_TMaru_Trigger_Maru_ 1.7.6
3_TMaru_GFX-ROW_Version_5
Addon for Reflections On The Water
maxoptics over TM1.7
RSRDC_P2_TM_v221
NSM4 Classic

WernerSobe
02-01-08, 09:47 AM
Thanks for all the help guys, I reinstalled SH4, patched to 1.4 and installed the mods in a different order this time. I was able to use the 450ft depth meter in the Balao to get to that depth, but she won't go deeper unless I have only TMaru installed. And I can see the 600 ft depth meter while looking around the room in game, but I can't assign that depth to the ship.

At any rate, it's working pretty much for now, I'm able to complete the TMaru crush depth sea trial mission at least :)

Here's a list of my mods and the order they are installed:

warships_retextured_v1_3
ROW Sound Effects vs_8
ROW Hi Res Sea Foam
1_TMaru_Trigger_Maru_ 1.7.6
3_TMaru_GFX-ROW_Version_5
Addon for Reflections On The Water
maxoptics over TM1.7
RSRDC_P2_TM_v221
NSM4 Classic
I now i see what you mean :-)

ok try [shift+D] for deep dive and stop diving with [A]

AlmightyTallest
02-01-08, 11:47 AM
Thanks WernerSobe, forgot about Shift+D Everything works great now!! Thanks! :D

P.S. Thanks to all the modders out there that really make this a great sim to play, I certainly appreciate the work that goes into this sort of thing.

ReallyDedPoet
02-01-08, 11:49 AM
Welcome to SUBSIM :up: AlmightyTallest

RDP