PDA

View Full Version : Request: "Change hydrophone volume" option

Abd_von_Mumit
01-31-08, 03:45 PM
At the hydrophone we have the button "Change volume". The problem is I can never see what the actual level is, as the button is all black. Do you think it would be fixed somehow? :hmm:

irish1958
02-01-08, 09:25 AM
There is no way to do this. What I do is set my engines to ahead slow, and then start clicking on the button until I get the maximum sound. In my experience, once it is set it stays at that level for the rest of the patrol.
If you use set keys, you can set a key to increase the sound volume. With this setup, the sound will increase in small steps to maximum.

Jimbuna
02-01-08, 04:43 PM
You might also be able to use windows recoreder to raise the volume of the sound file.

Sailor Steve
02-01-08, 10:59 PM
Clicking the top of the knob raises the volume; clicking the bottom lowers it. I think there are only three levels.

Abd_von_Mumit
02-02-08, 07:01 AM
Yes, I know where to click to make it louder. :yep: But anytime I go back to my hydrophone I fell unsure if it's as loud as it could be and click it again just to be sure. I thought a kind of mark could be added to the knob, like on these knobs for adjusting volume of speech, effects etc. in game settings.

Or maybe it could be set at max volume as a default by changing proper value in some config file?

Thanks for answers, Mates. :up:

von Zelda
02-02-08, 08:50 AM
I've always had trouble hearing contacts with the amb_hydrophone noise. I therefore placed a completely silent audio file in place of the amb_hydrophone file and it is much easier to hear contacts. I also stop the electric motors and thus have complete silence for the hydrophone guy, so the far off contacts which you would not normally hear just pop right out.

Jimbuna
02-02-08, 10:29 AM
Or maybe it could be set at max volume as a default by changing proper value in some config file?

That's precisely what I'm trying to point out......locate the file, back it up >Start>All Programs>Accessories>Entertainment>Sound Recorder.....raise the volume to a higher level of your choosing, then pop the file back in http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/thumbsup.gif

rik007
02-02-08, 10:31 AM
I use a Logitech G11-keyboard. It has a very handy volume control on it which is ideal for this situation. When I'm at the hydrophone station I just turn op the volume. :up:

It has some other features a SH-III user should have: Keys are illuminated and it has programmable function keys. So I do not need to hammer the num+ for Tc. Just one function key and I am at max Tc