PDA

View Full Version : [REQ] Pull-down real-world clock

Albrecht Von Hesse
01-27-08, 08:32 PM
OK, this might seem silly, but could anyone make a little mod that adds a real-life real-world clock? I don't have a clock in my 'command room' and, at the moment, the only way I have of making time checks is to alt-tab. Not that that's a terrible difficulty, but often I've wished I could just pull down a clock that reflects what my real time is.

Venatore
01-27-08, 08:36 PM
Um :hmm: I don't want to seem like a smart arse, but why don't you just look at your wrist watch or wall clock ? or have I read this wrong ?

Albrecht Von Hesse
01-27-08, 08:44 PM
Um :hmm: I don't want to seem like a smart arse, but why don't you just look at your wrist watch or wall clock ? or have I read this wrong ?

Don't seem like a smart ass at all. --smiles--

I don't own any wrist watches, and there's no wall clock in my office. I could put one up I suppose.

Venatore
01-27-08, 08:47 PM
It would be good to set the start time of your missions the same as real time, but if you activated time compression it would blow out the timings :damn:

SquareSteelBar
01-28-08, 01:52 AM
I don't own any wrist watches, and there's no wall clock in my office...How do you know when it's Happy Hour? :hmm:

Pisces
01-28-08, 08:03 AM
OK, this might seem silly, but could anyone make a little mod that adds a real-life real-world clock? I don't have a clock in my 'command room' and, at the moment, the only way I have of making time checks is to alt-tab. Not that that's a terrible difficulty, but often I've wished I could just pull down a clock that reflects what my real time is.Probably not, because there's no reason for such information (real clocktime) to be shown during gameplay. It would also confuse with the player with the game-clock (ofwich there are allready 2, a local-time and a GMT/base-time) and distracts from immersion. The only solution I can think of is to play SH3 in windowed mode so you can see the Windows clock in the taskbar. But a wristwatch or small (digital) clock on your desk does not ruin the graphical experience (irritating blue taskbar).

Julius Caesar
01-28-08, 02:03 PM
I don't own any wrist watches, and there's no wall clock in my office.

So, you play games in your office instead of working :lol:

matzeesn
01-28-08, 03:56 PM
Moin!

I use the "teamspeak overlay" in games to get the realtime. Normaly, this tool should display people who are speaking in teamspeak, and give you some other teamspeak informations. But it can show you the time and you fps, too. You can configure it that you only have the clock onscreen, and you can choose the size, color and position of it. It doesn't need teamspeak to run, if you want only the clock and the fps.

http://www.teamspeakoverlay.com/

Matze