PDA

View Full Version : Radio

Lagger123987
01-27-08, 02:01 PM
How do you guys make a new radio station? Planning to and my music to the game.

fred8615
01-27-08, 04:25 PM
You can put them inside the Washington folder, and delete the stock track in there. If you really don't want to hear the scripted news in Washington, you can delete the Events folder in it. If you still want a second station, open radio.ini with Notepad and copy the entries for the Washington station, as seen below:

[CHANNEL]
Name=Washington
Folder=Washington
Freq=22
Antenna=01.01.1930-01.01.2000:44.16,-35.10:100000

Paste above or below that section depending on which Freq= you want to use as stations must be in numerical order; change the values of Name=, Folder=, and Freq= to whatever you want to use; save; create the folder you specified in Folder= inside of the Radio folder; put your .mp3, .wav, or .ogg files in the folder.

Lagger123987
01-27-08, 04:46 PM
Thanks, but what this do? MusicVolumeOnNews=0.8

Von Manteuffel
01-27-08, 06:17 PM
"Volume on News" is the amount by which the music in the Radio Station folder (played as random tracks) dips, or fades when a scripted broadcast, or programme from the "Events.ini" folder starts to play. It's best set as low as poss - try 0.1, otherwise you may hear the random tracks in the background of the scripted broadcast.

I tend not to mix scripted and random. I have some stations which are just randomised programmes and others which are purely scripted, so "Volume on News" becomes irrelevant.

Digital_Trucker
01-27-08, 07:21 PM
And if you really don't feel like doing it by hand, check out the RadioStationManager link in my sig. It automates a ton of the work involved in creating radio stations (scripted and non-scripted) and eliminates a couple of problems that cause things from listening to the same news over and over up to CTDs.