PDA

View Full Version : Mod install sequence problem

warlimont
01-26-08, 10:20 PM
A short time ago I had a CDT while running ROW/TM/RSRD with 2 extra mods- greenLamp and the Captain radio mod.

I cant really say what knocked me out, because vista wanted to send an error message to bill gates. hope he gets right on it!
but
i went looking through the mod posts and found the following listed in the install notes for TM for 1.4:
"19.) Can i run ROW with TMaru?

Yes. All row is compatible with TMaru, although i must caution against "ROW_Sub_Reflections_and_Roll_Pitch_vs_5", as the majority of the files in that particular ROW mod overrite many crucial settings in Tmaru. If you feel confident in removing conflicting files from this mod, id recommend in just using the submarine.dat files from that particular mod. The rest of the files have been intergrated into Tmaru."

So, I reset jsgme with TM first. ROW next and RSRD and lastly the addon for reflections.

I have a question and a noobie observation:
Doesn't jsgme load from top to bottom?
isn't TM and RFB primarily for gameplay? Although they do appear to have some graphic modifications.
isn't ROW for graphics?

So, those being true, would'nt it be correct to figure on loading ROW after TM and RFB
so the user would'nt lose ROW's eyecandy by later over-writes?

It does look with the large number of overwrites as each mod is added to the active list that it would'nt be too difficult for conflicts.

After just 2 days staring open-mouthed at this sim. just awesome!

Archie
01-26-08, 11:52 PM
Warlimont I may have read you post a little wrong, but did you say you were trying to run TM AND RFB? TM and RFB are mutually exclusive mods as they rework a lot of the same files.

Wilcke
01-27-08, 02:27 AM
Here is my JSGME file load roster:

This is my Trigger install of SH4 this is all you need aside from more radio stations:

Radio Honolulu mod
1_TMaru_Trigger_Maru_1.7.6
2_TMaru_Sound
3_TMaru_GFX-ROW_Version_5
RSRDC_P2_TM_v221
Depth Charge Drop Splash Warning v1.0
Fairbanks Engine Sounds Final
Recognition manual V3 TM SH4 RSRDC
ROW Main Load Screen
ROW NEW SeaFoam from Jaketoox
ROW Addon for Reflections On The Water
warships_retextured_v1_3
FooFighters Narwhal BLACK HI-RES V1
S-CLASS BLACK HI-RES V1.0
FooBor's TAMBOR HEAVY WTH HI-RES V1.0
BALAO HI-RES V3
IJN DC mod 0.92
Black Spiderw + Rg circles-standard
30%_PPI_Noise

This is my RFB install of SH4;

RFB_1.4_for_ROW_RC1
BETA_AISensors for RFB
BETA_Diverate-Gato_RF
BETA_Radar_Hydro_RFB
BETA_ShipContacts_RFB
BETA_Sub_Depths_Speeds_RFB_ROW
BETA_S-Class Fix_RFB
BETA_Weapons_RFB
RSRDC_P2_RFB_v241
RSRDC_Patrols_V100
warships_retextured_v1_3
WATER_EDGE_FIX
ROW NEW Clouds from Kriller2
ROW NEW SeaFoam from Jaketoox
ROW Object Reflections and Search Lights vs_5b
ROW Realistic Camera with sway vs_2d
ROW Special Effects with stock zones vs_5b
ROW Textures with Sun Halo camera flair vs_4
ROW Sound Effects vs_8
ROW Addon for Reflections On The Water
Fairbanks Engine Sounds Final
Recognition manual V3 Stock SH4 RSRDC

again these are setup for minimal file overwrite. Both these installs run smoothly no monkey business.

Archie
01-27-08, 02:48 AM
Thanks for this Wilcke, so the majority of the old ROW files are now redundant? I will change my JSGME install order to mimic your TM loadout as I run close to the same mods, thanks mate! :up: :arrgh!:

warlimont
01-27-08, 09:16 AM
Warlimont I may have read you post a little wrong, but did you say you were trying to run TM AND RFB? TM and RFB are mutually exclusive mods as they rework a lot of the same files.

No, I was just saying that the two were primarily gameplay mods.

And thanks Wilcke for sharing your setup.

Digital_Trucker
01-27-08, 09:29 AM
warlimont, if you keep getting CTDs (especially at the same date and time), take a look at your radio mods. It doesn't matter if you're listening to the radio or not, an improperly coded events entry (or a missing events media file) can cause a CTD at the date and time that the event is supposed to happen.
Check my signature for the link to the RadioStationManager which will identify and allow you to correct any errors. It will also allow you to apply a work around to the "repeated events" problem caused by the game not storing the correct in-game date/time when you save a game in mid-patrol.

warlimont
01-27-08, 12:59 PM
thanks, will do!