PDA

View Full Version : [HELP] I think I screwed TM or ROW up BIG TIME.

Quagmire
01-26-08, 03:48 PM
I really should leave the modding to the experts but I really want to use Natural Sinking Mechanics 3.3 Classic with TM 1.7.6. Ducimus states in his FAQ that installing Natural Sinking Mechanics 3.3 Classic will overwrite the zones.cfg file and therefore mess up all the work he did on the aircraft parameters.

So I thought I would be clever and copy the Planes Items section of the TM zones.cfg file into the Natural Sinking Mechanics 3.3 Classic zones.cfg file. This allows Natural Sinking Mechanics 3.3 Classic to be installed after TM and should deliver the best of both worlds to the situation. Basically this should allow for Werners ship flooding zones to co-habitate with Ducimus aircraft parameters.

HOWEVER, one big problem. Everything was working great until I reached the Marshall Islands. Every night (yes night) I am attacked in the middle of the night by aircraft. It isnt dusk or dawn, its the middle of the darkness. I have never been attacked at night by aircraft before so what did I screw up to get this started.

I thought that the night attacks were controlled by the airstrike.cfg file but I guess not.

Thanks in advance for the help Ducimus or anyone!

Mush Martin
01-26-08, 04:49 PM
It may not be anything you did, I am almost certain I read of
someone else having night aircraft encounters earlier this week
but am not sure if they were using tm.

either way though the principle is sound enough
to fuse the two files but I would
dl a copy of winmerge and learn to use it for
fusing files.

http://winmerge.org/

MM

donut
01-26-08, 05:07 PM
Ck this out>>http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showpost.php?p=758735&postcount=57

Digital_Trucker
01-26-08, 05:07 PM
It may not be anything you did, I am almost certain I read of
someone else having night aircraft encounters earlier this week
but am not sure if they were using tm..........

MM

I know of at least one person who is having problems with being spotted in the dead of night while at periscope depth and attacked, and they are using TM. I don't think it's anything you did, Quagmire.

Edit : I've really got to learn to type faster:rotfl:

Seadogs
01-26-08, 07:12 PM
yep happend to me every night in the latest TM. Aircraft was from Guam I think. Everynight I had to dive due to radar contact so I decided to fight it out.....then he flew right by me.:damn:

Not sure whats up.

Quagmire
01-27-08, 02:49 PM
Thanks guys. I guess Ducimus forgot to set that value to 0.0 in the latest release. That night modifier is probably a carry over from SHIII where it was VERY probable to be attacked at night by aircraft.

ReallyDedPoet
01-27-08, 02:56 PM
Nice work figuring this out, just made a little mod to change\correct this :up:

RDP