PDA

View Full Version : SetKeys possibilities are TOO great - help needed. :)

Abd_von_Mumit
01-24-08, 03:47 PM
I'm configuring SetKeys (I've always dreamed about it but only today managed to launch it). I found many exciting options to keymap, like "Estimate range to contact" (probably for hydrophone guy) and I'll surely try them.

But I'm a bit affraid of trying too much - I wouldn't like to crash my game with that. Are there any commands listed in SetKeys I should NOT try to use? Are there any that bring troubles?

And what do these commands do exactly? How they work?
- set speed,
- set throttle,
- set course,
- and so on (there are tens of thse "set" commands).
How does one set a given speed under a key? :hmm:

Thanks a lot for help. :88)

Abd_von_Mumit
01-24-08, 03:59 PM
Good idea, done. :up:

Turm
01-24-08, 04:03 PM
I'm configuring SetKeys (I've always dreamed about it but only today managed to launch it). I found many exciting options to keymap, like "Estimate range to contact" (probably for hydrophone guy) and I'll surely try them.
Although I've never made it beyond 1940 (I'm a slow player and abandoned my stock career in favour of GWX, where I'm still in 1939), isn't this feature for the sonar? I think there are two options, like "estimate range to contact" and "get precise range to contact". One uses a single ping and one uses continuous pings. I only ever used it once in a single mission late in the war when I first played SH3, but I believe that's what that is for, unfortunately.

Have never used SetKeys, only added in some of the 'goback' commands manually as far as key controls are concerned, so my advice stops here!

Abd_von_Mumit
01-24-08, 04:09 PM
Goback? What's that for? :hmm:

Turm
01-24-08, 04:20 PM
It's when you use the right mouse button to go back from your current screen to the logical previous screen, i.e. attack periscope to conning tower, obs scope to command room, or hydrophone to radio/hyd room. Not all of them were defined in stock SH3 but you can add them in the commands.cfg (with or without SeyKeys).

Well that's what I understand by the 'go back' option. Maybe Mikhayl meant something else :yep:

danlisa
01-24-08, 04:25 PM
While there are a lot of commands listed in the commands.cfg, most of them were never activated/implemented by the Devs, so you can enable a key stroke but it won't do squat.;)

Abd_von_Mumit
01-24-08, 06:54 PM
Check around the beginning of the file, you have the different views items "command room view" "periscope view" etc. Some of them have a default "goback", for example "conning deck view" has "goback=conning tower cam" or something like that. With this you can make some interesting things. I have set for each view, a goback view that would correspond to the real life thing : attack scope -> goback periscope view -> goback conning tower view -> goback command room.

I also added the line "goback=command room view" to the navmap, attack map, obs scope, captain log, crew management, etc.

Then I set the goback key (one of the first one in the file) to "numpad 0", and I use Intellimouse keymapper to have "middle mouse button = numpad 0" (because you can't assign mouse buttons directly to commands).

It's a bit hard to explain but that allows you to have something close to a "FPS view". For example, I'm at the navmap view, middle click and I'm back to the command room, there i click on the obs scope, search for target, then middle click to get back to the command room, then click on the map to plot the attack, and so on.

Hope this helps :up:
Thanks for explanations, that really clears the thing. I had a walk through all the places and it seems that works in GWX (as I hadn't set the 'gobacks' manually), but I didn't check if it works for nav. map nor conning tower. If it doesn't - is there a simple way of importing your settings to my installation (provided you'd share them, of course)?

By the way I've rediscovered the Shift + F2 combination. That's just awesome, you can let yourself fall on the floor and feel the wet, cold wood and metal. :rock: Or you can climb the walls, like on the screenshot. Oh men, I love that game!

http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/5571/sh3img241200822568356ta7.png

These cigarettes are going to kill us some day (but it's allowed to smoke only in conning tower, and only for officers and watch - thus we have always many volunteers for watch time). :D

@danlisa: Hmm, I see. I supposed so, so I asked. You're right, I checked some hydrophone commands, they don't work or work ugly (activate/deactivate hydrophone - useless & buggy, rotate hydrophone - useless, get depth under sub keel - no good [but there is still working 'report depth under keel]).

SetKeys is very useful, I recommend it to everybody. :rock:

CapitanPiluso
01-24-08, 07:57 PM
SetKeys is very useful, I recommend it to everybody.

Oh, i m a totally noob and dumb Kaleun trying to figure out what the hell is Setkeys:damn:
would you please explain?
thanx a lot

Abd_von_Mumit
01-24-08, 07:59 PM
Thanks again. :up:

A small programmme that allows to assign key shortcuts to almost any (existing and working) game command. It's just an interface for editing commands_XX.cfg files, makes assigning shortcuts very easy and quite comfortable. Even if you don;t feel lyou need to assign any command to a key, you should have a look at the programme, as it has a list of all possible commands - most of them I didn't know. Some don't work, some work like charm.

To download SetKeys proceed to post No. 2 here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=122575&highlight=setkeys
and read the current thread to solve possible problems. :)

Hilis Hatki
01-24-08, 09:23 PM
Mikhayl:
"attack scope -> goback periscope view -> goback conning tower view -> goback command room."

:D Ive tried to go from attack scope to where iam standing in front of the attack scope and can open the torpedo doors.
IS that what u done?

Hilis Hatki
01-25-08, 10:31 AM
:cry:

[Cmd16]
Name=Periscope_camera
Ctxt=1
MnID=0x3F020003
Key0=0x72,,"F3"
Page=0x26000000,3702
GoBack=Conning_tower_periscope

Ive had this for awhile, yet nothing happens when i right click. iam still in peri view.!!

Hilis Hatki
01-25-08, 11:02 AM
:know:

AAHHHH!!

I see now. Thanks!