PDA

View Full Version : Essential mods for new player?

demowhc
01-22-08, 01:10 PM
I have just installed SH4 and am after the best mods, any suggestions?. I have played SH3 with the grey wolves mod before, is there anything like that for SH4?

AVGWarhawk
01-22-08, 01:26 PM
Mods are here:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=126875

Major mods are:

Trigger Maru*TM...realism and playability mod
Real Fleet Boat*RFB...complete realism.

Reflections on the Water.*ROW

Run Silent Run Deep.*RSRD

These are the three major components of a larger mod package. Trigger Maru and Real Fleet Boat do not go together. Choose one of these and then get ROW and RSRD. Make sure you select the proper download for either TM and RFB.

ReallyDedPoet
01-22-08, 01:28 PM
Welcome to the SH4 experience :yep::up:

Check this out for some history on the Pacific Theatre:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=128185

RDP

Ducimus
01-22-08, 02:31 PM
I can't say i would recommend TM for a new player, as it increases the difficulty of the AI a wee bit.

Q3ark
01-22-08, 03:00 PM
I can't say i would recommend TM for a new player, as it increases the difficulty of the AI a wee bit.

And those evil, evil planes:stare: :D

AVGWarhawk
01-22-08, 03:01 PM
Oh come on men, this is not pre-school....there is a war out there. Get going and sink some ships!

dean_acheson
01-22-08, 03:04 PM
BE MORE AGGRESSIVE!

sorry, couldn't resist....

AVGWarhawk
01-22-08, 03:31 PM
BE MORE AGGRESSIVE!

sorry, couldn't resist....

Exactly! :rotfl:

Ducimus
01-22-08, 04:22 PM

And those evil, evil planes:stare: :D

Then theres Bungo Pete. I don't think theres a Tin can in any mod that can match him. :rotfl:

demowhc
01-30-08, 09:30 PM
thanks for the suggestions guys, I havnt had a chance to muck around with SH4 mods yet so i will install them now...

and i dont mind if the game is difficult, i was ok at sh3 with grey wolves installed, although i must admit i never used the manual targeting system :oops:

thanks fellas!

WernerSobe
01-31-08, 02:38 AM
mh im not sure if run silent run deep is a good idea for a newbie. You could find yourself in finding no ships.