PDA

View Full Version : GWX2, not getting renown

Tobus
01-20-08, 09:02 AM
My last cruise I sunk 5 Empire Class merchants, all in heavy seas (wind >=15 m/s).
I have gotten renown for only 2, the other 3 went down with the game apparently thinking that the weather did them in, not the big gaping holes in their sides.

I have had this only with The Empire Class, no other ships. Is this a known glitch? I know that weather sometimes gets the better of ships, but 3 in a row?

Jimbuna
01-20-08, 10:39 AM
We are already aware. This is a SH3 game engine problem. Flooding is treated the same as battle damage....and yes you are bloody unlucky http://www.psionguild.org/forums/images/smilies/wolfsmilies/pirate.gif

von hally
01-21-08, 03:18 PM
My last cruise I sunk 5 Empire Class merchants, all in heavy seas (wind >=15 m/s).
I have gotten renown for only 2, the other 3 went down with the game apparently thinking that the weather did them in, not the big gaping holes in their sides.

I have had this only with The Empire Class, no other ships. Is this a known glitch? I know that weather sometimes gets the better of ships, but 3 in a row?

lo mate

just a thought but if you come across this problem again...would firing another eel at the empire class help...maybe destroying it completely without it supposedly succumbing to the weather...or have you tried this???

Kpt. Lehmann
01-21-08, 03:26 PM
I don't think that would help, von hally.

Where bad weather sinkings in SH3 are concerned, or intervention by the Luftwaffe, whatever causes the "final point of damage" for a vessel will be credited for the kill.

Subsequent damage to a vessel that has 'passed the point of no return' should not change the outcome concerning crediting.

bigboywooly
01-21-08, 03:44 PM
Were these Empire class ships close to each other ?
What I mean is did you sink one then another pops along half hour later ?
Or were they all in convoy

von hally
01-24-08, 01:10 PM
I don't think that would help, von hally.

Where bad weather sinkings in SH3 are concerned, or intervention by the Luftwaffe, whatever causes the "final point of damage" for a vessel will be credited for the kill.

Subsequent damage to a vessel that has 'passed the point of no return' should not change the outcome concerning crediting.

thanx kpt

i wont be wasting a torp on a stricken freighter again!!!