PDA

View Full Version : OT- How many of us live in Southern California?

Ducimus
01-14-08, 07:27 PM
One thing ive noticed over time is how many locations ive seen in SoCal people list as their location. Riverside, san diego, orange county, etc.

So im curious, how many of us live in southern california, and are we into this game and community enough to meet up somewhere in public, have lunch and talk shop? I realize with traffic, and gas prices being what they are, and the fact that the internet is full of weirdo's that it might be a tall order. :rotfl:

Anvart
01-14-08, 07:33 PM
I live ...
But only in dreams ... :rotfl:
At me, behind a window (on street) -20°Ñ ...

skwasjer
01-14-08, 07:42 PM
Damn, chilly...:-?

Anyway, it happens all the time Duci, people marry over the internet, so why not... :cool: I won't be near CA anytime soon though :smug:

Mush Martin
01-14-08, 08:09 PM
Damn, chilly...:-?

Anyway, it happens all the time Duci, people marry over the internet, so why not... :cool: I won't be near CA anytime soon though :smug:

:hmm:Im Sorry Pardon,..............your going to marry Ducimus?
:rotfl:

black1
01-14-08, 08:15 PM
Sorry made it sounds good but im in south florida.

ReallyDedPoet
01-14-08, 08:16 PM
are we into this game and community enough to meet up somewhere in public, have lunch and talk shop? I realize with traffic, and gas prices being what they are, and the fact that the internet is full of weirdo's that it might be a tall order. :rotfl:
:roll::lol::lol:

Doesn't SUBSIM itself have a get together every couple of years. I live on the East Coast, so could not make it.

Give me a couple of years though, trying to convince my Wife to go in that direction, she wants to go somewhere hot, I want to go to the Whiskey in LA among other things....

RDP

skwasjer
01-14-08, 08:18 PM

and the fact that the internet is full of weirdo's

There you have it Duci... :88)

Sailor Steve
01-14-08, 08:22 PM
Used to. Grew up in Redondo Beach. Been in Utah since '71. Get back sometimes. Planning on visiting my sister in Long Beach sometime this summer. I'll let you know.

Of course, I might be one of the ones you want to stay away from...:rotfl:

Ducimus
01-14-08, 08:27 PM

and the fact that the internet is full of weirdo's

There you have it Duci... :88)

yeah, this thread is going to go well. :rotfl:

aanker
01-14-08, 09:07 PM
I used to. From 1989-90 I lived in Signal Hill and Downey while working in Los Angeles. On the way there in Oct 89 we drove across the Oakland Bay Bridge just hours before part of a section of the upper deck collapsed during the Loma Prieta earthquake.

I liked Southern CA and met a lot of nice people while I was there but doubt I'll be coming back any time soon. I miss it sometimes.......

Art

Travis Reed
01-14-08, 09:18 PM
One thing ive noticed over time is how many locations ive seen in SoCal people list as their location. Riverside, san diego, orange county, etc.

So im curious, how many of us live in southern california, and are we into this game and community enough to meet up somewhere in public, have lunch and talk shop? I realize with traffic, and gas prices being what they are, and the fact that the internet is full of weirdo's that it might be a tall order. :rotfl:

Wait, you're telling me there are more gamers in SoCal besides me?

Lagger123987
01-14-08, 09:21 PM
I used to live in a farm in Kanasas, but decided to move to here, almost to the border, now I can get away from my kids messing up my posting earlier.

Seadogs
01-14-08, 11:19 PM
Hmm, I may be moving back to San Diego this summer. If so I'm always down for a beer. :yep:

lurker_hlb3
01-15-08, 12:53 AM
San Diego

DrBeast
01-15-08, 04:44 AM
Southern part fits my location; state, country and continent don't ;)
I live in southern Europe, Greece to be more precise.

TDK1044
01-15-08, 07:09 AM
Mod these folks, Duci, and put them where you want. :D

DrBeast
01-15-08, 08:38 AM

The Sims 2: Submarine Stories, a revolutionary EP for the highly succesful game, brought to you by Ducimus! :rotfl:

TDK1044
01-15-08, 08:50 AM

The Sims 2: Submarine Stories, a revolutionary EP for the highly succesful game, brought to you by Ducimus! :rotfl:

Available at all good 'Mods R Us' stores near you! Buy now and get his autobiography free... ' Ducimus...why was my life hard coded?' :D

DrBeast
01-15-08, 09:35 AM
*DrBeast snorts coffee and cigarette smoke out his nostrils

You evil, evil person, you! :rotfl:

TDK1044
01-15-08, 09:47 AM
Duci will be at the 'Mods R Us' store in Fargo between the hours of 10AM and 10:01 AM this Friday signing motherboards. :D

clayp
01-15-08, 10:53 AM
I live in Orange County...

Digital_Trucker
01-15-08, 11:17 AM
Duci will be at the 'Mods R Us' store in Fargo between the hours of 10AM and 10:01 AM this Friday signing motherboards. :D

:arrgh!: :rotfl: :arrgh!: :rotfl: :arrgh!: :rotfl: :arrgh!:

Seadogs
01-15-08, 11:20 AM
Uh oh... TDK's picking on Ducimus again, he must want something. :arrgh!:

TDK1044
01-15-08, 11:37 AM
Uh oh... TDK's picking on Ducimus again, he must want something. :arrgh!:

And Duci would say...."I know what he wants, and he'll get it if he ever comes to California!" :D

Ducimus
01-15-08, 01:27 PM
TDK wants something.

Im guessing it has something to do with interior files.

clayman
01-15-08, 04:10 PM
Hmm, I may be moving back to San Diego this summer. If so I'm always down for a beer. :yep:

Beer .............. we only grow grapes in Jack Benny Land. :sunny:

Mush Martin
01-15-08, 05:01 PM

Ok How the Hell did I end up in antartica all of a sudden:hmm:

LukeFF
01-15-08, 05:16 PM
I guess I'm the one from Riverside that Duci was talking about. :smug:

Ducimus
01-15-08, 06:35 PM
I guess I'm the one from Riverside that Duci was talking about. :smug:

LOL, yup.

Up until 2 months ago, i lived in riverside too, for the last 5 years. On jefferson st near where it crosses Indiana ave, just off the 91 freeway. Since i no longer live there, i have no probably letting that out. lol.

CDR Resser
01-15-08, 08:06 PM
I was just noticing how many seem to be from the other end of the "Grapes of Wrath" trail.
There seem to be a lot of Oklahoma residents on this forum, from all the mentions that the USS Batfish recieves.

Respectfully Submitted;
CDR Resser

Tim D
01-15-08, 08:46 PM
Hey, you found another one in riverside- How about Temecula, does that count:sunny:

LukeFF
01-16-08, 03:03 AM
Up until 2 months ago, i lived in riverside too, for the last 5 years. On jefferson st near where it crosses Indiana ave, just off the 91 freeway. Since i no longer live there, i have no probably letting that out. lol.
Ah, okay. We just had an ugly police-involved shooting near there just a couple of days ago, as might be aware.

Me, I live right by the airport, just off the corner of Van Buren and Arlington.

Ducimus
01-16-08, 03:16 AM
Ah, okay. We just had an ugly police-involved shooting near there just a couple of days ago, as might be aware.

Me, I live right by the airport, just off the corner of Van Buren and Arlington.

Yikes, glad i moved! Didnt know that.

clayp
01-16-08, 09:05 PM

I LOVE TALKING TO MYSELF...:down:

kylesplanet
01-16-08, 09:42 PM

I LOVE TALKING TO MYSELF...:down:

I'm in the Great Smoky Mountains in Tennessee but I like ya ClayP!:D

clayman
01-16-08, 09:45 PM
[quote=Ducimus]

LukeFF: Drive through here every day. Ring any bells ....

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/6991/fwy2asj4.jpg

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/5277/fwy2fxh6.jpg

My favorite interchange in the whole world :rotfl:

I'm out in Corona. Think we all got together once with Gibbage at the Chino Airshow. Good old IL2.

LukeFF
01-17-08, 02:52 AM
Drive through here every day. Ring any bells ....

Hmm? Never seen it before... ;) That interchange project has been a LONG time in coming. Now if they would just hurry it up with the one at Box Springs.

Yep, I met Gibbage out at Chino years ago, though it was to take pictures for one of his IL-2 modeling projects. He took this picture of me (before I joined the military...man, scary to think I once had that much hair, lol): :huh:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v258/LukeFF/PICT0163.jpg

clayman
01-17-08, 03:23 PM
LOL ... ya, I saw him at the air show and up at Red Gypsy ... Tagert and others were there too. We did a couple of LAN parties.

They just opened that high a** overpass at the 91/60 split. Drove it for the first time the other day. Could reach out your sunroof and tag the underbelly of jets landing at ONT! For the last 6 years my wife and I have been teaching out in Redlands and fighting our way through that construction/destruction mess during the AM/PM drive time ... man, they need to finish it!

I knew there were many of us "sim" nuts in SoCal and we all seem to play the same genres ... throwing a beer or two down was always fun. But those LAN parties up at Red Gypsy studios were the best.

Oh, and long hair?!! In a past life I was an Art major at UCSB! :rotfl: