PDA

View Full Version : Uniforms

Sniper_Fox
01-10-08, 12:50 PM
ive noticed that the officers are always in uniform... im pretty sure they would not wear uniforms 100% of the time... like in das boot, they are pretty much always in some sort of sweater of somekind... the only time the officers are in some kind of uniformity is when they are in storm gear.

dmlavan
01-10-08, 02:40 PM
You're correct - some wore uniforms (similar to coveralls or fatigues), some changed into something a little more comfortable. I don't recall who made it (believe it was Venatore), but there's a Das Boot uniform mod that puts them in sweaters, flannel shirts, etc. Try Venatore's "Drive Through" first (see sticky), but it may have been posted by someone else.

Sniper_Fox
01-11-08, 08:46 AM
awesome thanks, i think i saw that thread, it had a captains dress aswell.... how do you see that... since your the captain rofl:-?

Venatore
01-11-08, 09:04 AM
awesome thanks, i think i saw that thread, it had a captains dress aswell.... how do you see that... since your the captain rofl:-?

The captian uniform is there so you can take screen shots so it looks like you are on the conning tower :roll:

Sniper_Fox
01-11-08, 03:01 PM
ooooooooooh!!! nice:rock:

can you make one with like a plaid sweater possibly?

i_b_spectre
01-11-08, 07:27 PM
I was wondering if this is the same mod discussed in http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=88377&highlight=plaid+shirts

I'd like to try it. Is it JSGME and GWX 2.0 compatible?

Sailor Steve
01-11-08, 07:47 PM
Yes, that's the one. As it only affects the uniforms, it should be compatible with anything. I would recommend installing it directly, after transferring the originals to a safe place. The reason for this is that you can choose which officer will wear which clothes. For instance, I put the black jacket on my Chief, the red plaid shirt on my Watch Officer and the white sweater on my Navigator, and left the Weapons Officer in his uniform, like Das Boot.

SquareSteelBar put it up on FileFront, and posted a working link on page 3 of that thread, but I'll connect it here as well:
http://files.filefront.com/DasBootClothes7z/;8230421;/fileinfo.html

i_b_spectre
01-11-08, 07:53 PM
Thanks, Steve :up: I like the authenticity of the crew being in work clothes instead of parade dress. Btw, what is the location of the files and which ones will I be replacing? So far, I've only run JSGME compatible mods that came with GWX and I want to make sure I don't mess anything up and that I backup the correct files.

Sailor Steve
01-11-08, 07:56 PM
It's been so long since I was able to look at the game I've forgotten. I'm pretty sure the readme will direct you, and if not plenty of people who play actively will be glad to direct you.

Sorry to be vague, but my computer's been in storage forever.

Oh, one other thing: I think GWX2 disables the "crew wearing medals", which is good because while they look silly wearing their medals in uniform, they look REALLY stupid wearing them over their civvies.

i_b_spectre
01-11-08, 08:03 PM
Roger that. I'll unzip the file and check the ReadMe. I re-read the first post in the thread re: the Das Boot clothes file and I think I now see which data files are involved. Thanks again for your help! :yep:

Update: I just opened the file and the documentation says "File structured for use with JSGME, just drop in your MODS folder", so it appears the author had pity on people like me and made it easy :-j

sh3rules
01-13-08, 06:18 PM
I read once about some cool darker uniforms. Does someone have a link to that, please?

Venatore
01-13-08, 06:25 PM
Look in my Drive through.........................................

i_b_spectre
01-14-08, 08:30 PM
Even though the ReadMe for the Das Boot clothes mod said it was configured for JSGME, I cannot seem to get it to work. I rolled back SH3 Commander while in port, but I'm still getting the default crew uniforms. Any idea what I might need to do to get these guys into something more comfortable to sail in?