PDA

View Full Version : Torp Speed Settings on TDC

Zero Niner
01-08-08, 08:07 PM
I noticed that stock SH4 gives 2 settings (slow & medium iirc) whilst TM gives 3. What do these settings corelate to, with respect to the Mk 14, which has only 2 speeds? My guess is that the slow setting = 30 kts (or whatever the slow speed is) whilst medium = 46 kts (or whatever the fast speed is).
If so then what is the 3rd setting on the TDC for? It cannot be selected, ie clicking on the speed setting just toggles between slow and medium.

Taurolas
01-10-08, 02:47 PM
interesting observation... i'd noticed it but didnt even give it a second thought afterall you cant move the dial unless the torpedo in question has more than 1 speed setting...

Anybody out there know how to add extra torpedo speed sections with S3D?...

Travis Reed
01-10-08, 03:28 PM
RFB alos has the three speed switch, though only 2 seem to be usable...

AVGWarhawk
01-10-08, 03:32 PM
I believe this is the texture from Oakgroove. If I remember correctly, stock had just two settings.

swdw
01-11-08, 07:06 PM
I believe this is the texture from Oakgroove. If I remember correctly, stock had just two settings.
This is true for some torpedoes, other models only have one setting.

There are only 2 speed settings for the torpedoes in the torpedoes_US.sim for stock and RFB. (The next release of RFB will have the speed selection altered so you only see 2 speeds.) There is no way to make the TDC show only one speed and this is correct because you may have a mix of torpedoes that allows you to run one model with 2 speeds, and another with only 1 speed.

Ducimus
01-11-08, 09:37 PM
There are only two speed settings. I did not add a 3rd one. I think its just a texture that says there is.