PDA

View Full Version : GWX 2.0 Torpedo Loadout

thehiredgun
01-07-08, 10:42 AM
I seen in the GWX 2.0 manuel where the devs changed the torpedo loadout on a few subs but i couldn't find where they changed it for a IX-D2 . I love this game but i thought GWX tried to stay historically correct ! I mean no offense !

thehiredgun
01-07-08, 12:18 PM
I stand corrected Gentlemen. The IX-D2 carried 24 torpedoes & 32 mines ! You GWX Devs are correct & Ubisoft had it wrong !

Madox58
01-07-08, 07:05 PM
You may be seated Sir!
No need to stand.
:rotfl:

Erich Topp
01-07-08, 09:43 PM
I noticed that "upper" torpedo from aft external storage on IXB can be moved, when only aft torpedo room is properly manned. But others require both teams to move- forward and aft torpedoraum. Is it a feature, to move torpedoes only when both compartments are manned, or it's a bug. If it's feature, why "upper" torpedo do not have such requirement?

PS: In GWX 2.0, of course.

bigboywooly
01-07-08, 11:55 PM
I noticed that "upper" torpedo from aft external storage on IXB can be moved, when only aft torpedo room is properly manned. But others require both teams to move- forward and aft torpedoraum. Is it a feature, to move torpedoes only when both compartments are manned, or it's a bug. If it's feature, why "upper" torpedo do not have such requirement?

PS: In GWX 2.0, of course.

Carries over from stock SH3 to have both compartments manned
The upper torpedo may not suffer the same as IIRC was added after SH3 release and not original

Erich Topp
01-08-08, 12:45 AM
Strange, always used only one compartment crew to move. Maybe I didn't played real "stock" game for a too long time - I used Mediterranean War Mod (AOTD) until GWX 1.03/2.0. Thanks for answering. Maybe there's a way to fix it? It looks strange, when efficiency of "moving" in aft room depends only on qualification of personnel in bow room. Actually you should have "enough" crew to move torpedo in aft, and efficiency depends only on crew in front room.

PS: And front storages moving without any men in aft raum... Will check it when i get back home.

Jimbuna
01-08-08, 08:37 AM
What could be simpler ? Aft crew for aft eels and forrad crew for forrad eels :hmm:

bigboywooly
01-08-08, 09:37 AM
No have had it in stock too Jim
Not all the time but sometimes will get " Not enough crew in bow compartment " or something like that when loading eels aft
Cant say happens all the time as usually have crew in both compartments anyway

Mind - one of the first qualifications I give out is Torpedo
Helps fill the green bar

looney
01-08-08, 10:28 AM
True when loading aft ext torpedoes I only have ppl in aft room. The game sais it aint loading but they are... just a small bug imho

Jimbuna
01-08-08, 04:07 PM
True when loading aft ext torpedoes I only have ppl in aft room. The game sais it aint loading but they are... just a small bug imho

Speeding up the tc sharp shows you if they're loading.

looney
01-08-08, 05:14 PM
Speeding up the tc sharp shows you if they're loading.

Yups that was my 1st clue also :smug: now i just asume they are loading the torps :know:

Jimbuna
01-09-08, 07:04 AM
If the green bar is 3/4 or more full....you can safely reckon they are :arrgh!:

Paajtor
01-09-08, 11:00 AM
On the weapon-management screen, hover your cursor over the the torpedo that's currently being loaded, and the - decreasing, if all is well - loading time is displayed.