PDA

View Full Version : Is there a future patch in the oven? (after 1.04)

err0r4o4
01-04-08, 05:46 AM
I've been around sub sims since Silent Service on NES. I'm very happy to have discovered DW. When this game came out i was more crushed on u-boats.

Anyway to the point: This game is so about instruments that they seem to have coded a basic temporary 3d environement. I can understand it but this is way too basic!

-When i stop the engines the propeller will continue spinning forever.
-When i use the missile cam, the missile goes in the wrong way and land in the water.
-I fail to hit my objective and the voice says mission accomplished (i can see my mission in the periscope having a great time launching CM's at what ever i launch)
-When i surface or when i'm surfaced in rough sea the boat behave like a plastic duck in the bathtub.. (shake too fast) If there where real people in the sub they would bounce on the ceiling then on the floor and so on.
-The music and ambiant sound skip like an old cd left in the glove compartment for too long.
-Some times i try to mark a contact on the sonar and after 11-12 contacts it does'nt work anymore, etc.. (i tried to drop contacts)

This is just i brief list but can i expect an update or even a Dangerous Waters II witch use a DirectX version higher than 7 ?

Because i would gladly pay for a Dangerous Waters with graphics as hot as SH4 and a realistic models behaviour.

Sakura551
01-04-08, 10:58 AM
-When i surface or when i'm surfaced in rough sea the boat behave like a plastic duck in the bathtub.. (shake too fast) If there where real people in the sub they would bounce on the ceiling then on the floor and so on.
In the Options Menu, uncheck 'Enable Waveriding'. This should stop the sub plastic duck movement.

-The music and ambiant sound skip like an old cd left in the glove compartment for too long.
Sounds like you have a sound driver problem. My game sound is fine. Try updating your sound driver.

-When i stop the engines the propeller will continue spinning forever.
Stop sending divers out to see if the propeller is still spinning. :p

Sorry, can't help you with the rest. :doh:

Dr.Sid
01-04-08, 02:46 PM
There is no patch we know about. It's how it is. Like it or not.

Blacklight
01-04-08, 03:45 PM
-When i use the missile cam, the missile goes in the wrong way and land in the water.
-I fail to hit my objective and the voice says mission accomplished (i can see my mission in the periscope having a great time launching CM's at what ever i launch)

If you don't have "Show Truth" enabled (which in my view is a cheat), The 3D view will only show the target at the location you THINK it is and ONLY if it's classified on the map. Without this option on, you could well watch your missile plow into an empty ocean when it really hits a target (which you didn't spot or classify). Same goes for the missile dropping into the sea. If your targeting is off and you don't have "Show Truth" enabled, your missile will drop into the sea, missing the target and if you don't have it classified or have a decent fix on it's location, you won't see the target.

If you really want to see what damage you're doing, you need to turn on "Show Truth". Turing this option spoils things for me because a good portion of the fun of DW is finding, tracking, and classifying contacts. "Show Truth" shows me where EVERYTHING is right off the bat.:nope:

HeavyDelta
01-05-08, 11:43 AM
Someone wrote that propellors must keep spinning to keep the propellor shaft seal lubricated and therefore watertight.

Dr.Sid
01-05-08, 02:57 PM
Someone wrote that propellors must keep spinning to keep the propellor shaft seal lubricated and therefore watertight.

That is just poor excuse. DW does not change turn rate a bit, and subs does not use variable pitch screws. They just made it simple, that's all.