PDA

View Full Version : Sound Problems in GWX 2.0

Schwuppes
12-31-07, 12:17 AM
Hi people!

I dont know how to explain this but the sound is kind of "unbalanced"

Let me make an example: If I stand on the bridge and look straight ahead at 0 degrees, I can't hear the rumbling of the Diesels, however if I start to turn around towards 270 or 90 degrees the sound suddenly cuts back in.
I find this unrealistic...

Another example is with the sonar man, if I am in the control room his voice is loud and clear, but when I stand next to him in the radio/sonar compartment his voice is very quiet. I wonder why...?

I never had these Problems in GWX 1.03

If anybody could help me improve this I am very grateful! :)

The Bad Wolf
12-31-07, 12:25 AM
I had this problem. It turned out to be my speaker settings 5 instead of 4 in control panel.

Schwuppes
12-31-07, 01:21 AM
Thanks very much! your solution works! :)

Salvadoreno
12-31-07, 05:18 AM
Okay downloaded GWX 2.0 and tried to play. Realized everything seemed to go smoothly until i noticed the crew does not speak anymore!!! Nor do i hear depth chrages, pinging, or incoming radio transmissions.. grr.. What happened? everything seems to be running fine!

Mods
All GWX

Integrated orders
16km
Alternative Flotillas
Enhanced Dmg
English nav grid map
Late war sensors
Merged Campaign
Lite Harbor Traffic
VIIC41
Das Boot Movie
No medals on crew
Captain Ameri Officer Icon...

wat happened?!

Paajtor
12-31-07, 05:28 AM
How much system-memory do you have?

Salvadoreno
12-31-07, 05:46 AM
a lot. JUST got a new hard drive plus a complete wipeout of my old system. Everything is clean. Lots of memory

Paajtor
12-31-07, 05:49 AM
Maybe you didn't notice, that you were running on some time-compression, like 2xTC for example?

Salvadoreno
12-31-07, 06:06 AM
positive.. I just instaled another driver for my RealtekAC97 audio. gonna try now. Have NO IDEA what is causing this sound problem

::edit::

Well.. drivers didnt work. I experimented some more. I blew up a small freighter but there was no explosion sound. Nor a torpedo hitting sound.. The torpedo sound worked was it traveled in water. AA guns dont make sounds, neither does deck gun... Oddly enuff the fire from the dying boat made sounds, so did the breaking of the bulkheads... other than that, all the awesome sounds dont work...

JScones
12-31-07, 07:30 AM
Running SH3Cmdr? If so, read the FAQ, particularly "Since using SH3 Commander I can no longer hear speech or most sound effects. What sound files does SH3 Commander overwrite?".

bigboywooly
12-31-07, 08:23 AM
Yep Jaesen is correct as ever
I guess you have adjusted some TC levels
Return them back and all will be ok

Just a heads up

Late war sensors < only needs enabling in Oct 44 for VII and IX boats and Jan 45 for XXI - page 66 of the manual

Merged Campaign
Lite Harbor Traffic < this is ovewriting the merged campaign above - you dont need both

VIIC41 < should only be enabled when you are using the VIIC\41 ingame

Of course you may have a VIIC\41 in Nov 44 in which case I will shut up

:rotfl: